Do we have a missing sub?

Matt42

Do we have a missing sub?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

In 2020 we strongly suspected a sub was missing from the poster.

Do we think we are missing one? Or do we have all of the top bill?

Emily’s tweet does sound like there is at least one more “bit” of news to come. I’m doubtful about Wolf Alice… so maybe we do.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Currently have Noel and Lorde as subs

Elbow, HAIM and Meg The Stallion as 3rd down

Foals, Doja and PSB Other headliners

So yeah, I reckon so. Could see it just being one of those or Wolf Alice though

I would bet my hat on Megan being an other sub. Doja makes more sense as a third down / other headliner. 

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In 2020 we strongly suspected a sub was missing from the poster.

Do we think we are missing one? Or do we have all of the top bill?

Emily’s tweet does sound like there is at least one more “bit” of news to come. I’m doubtful about Wolf Alice… so maybe we do.

Emily’s tweet sounds like every other initial announcement of any festival in the world. There’s no hint in there whatsoever that there’s anything big to come.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Emily’s tweet sounds like every other initial announcement of any festival in the world. There’s no hint in there whatsoever that there’s anything big to come.

and if you can believe it there's even more to come!”

Reads to me like they still have surprises up their sleeve.

Is Megan too risque for the pyramid? They dont want all the children to learn how to twerk?  But Miley was ok? I think Megan is on the Puramid. That girl aint gonna settle for Other unless she was headlining. She gets to "headline" Reading, she gets a main stage spot here too.

Edited by Suprefan

Just now, Suprefan said:

Is Megan too risque for the pyramid? They dont want all the children to learn how to twerk?  But Miley was ok? I think Megan is on the ouramid. That girl aint gonna settle for Other unless she was headlining.

I love how after all this we are still doubting Glastonbury’s ability to get these acts in modest placements.

Megan as an other sub is fine. She can bring a full production and get a huge crowd. Billie / Dave / Stormzy have all done that slot before (or one similar) and been fine.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I love how after all this we are still doubting Glastonbury’s ability to get these acts in modest placements.

Megan as an other sub is fine. She can bring a full production and get a huge crowd. Billie / Dave / Stormzy have all done that slot before (or one similar) and been fine.

They might want more variety but her subbing Doja Cat or Bicep would work well as a top two on the Saturday. Put Glass Animals on before them and it gives something completely different while Noel and Macca are on the Pyramid.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yes?

”Look how good our first announcement is, and if you can believe it, there’s even more on top of this! (The rest of the acts filling out these stages and the tons of smaller stages)”

I agree with the Wolf Alice, Noel, Lorde trio. It’s not the biggest subs they’ve ever had but they’re all acts who we thought were in contention and they fit the festival aiming for a gender balanced lineup. Wolf Alice could move down to Other sub but there’s plenty of strength in depth for those kind of slots already, so Pyramid sub makes sense when we didn’t have many other obvious contenders who had a reason not to be on the first poster.

If that is how it goes, Lorde into Kendrick might be the quietest the Pyramid has been on a Sunday night for a while. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I believe there's more to come but this is a very long stretch. 'theres even more to come ' could mean 'more acts' but you've taken it as s big surprise act. 

I’m going to make one last big divisive guess. Perhaps other users should take heed due to today.

I’m torn between it being Florence or Harry. Both acts actually have a good claim to get their own announcement.

Florence as she’s a past headliner.

Harry as he would be a bigger than usual sub. It would make sense to announce him after the resale too so it doesn’t impact the stadium dates. 

Let’s see if I’m on a winning streak 😘 

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Didn’t actually read the tweet in the excitement, but shortlist makes it sound like an X Factor type thing, like some of them won’t make it through.

Can we vote on it like a Hurt/Heal?

Noel Gallagher (-10)

Yves Tumor (without its Band) (+10)

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

I’m surprised people think Wolf Alice are suspect but Lorde is the right fit. Their momentums are heading in totally opposite direction.

When put side by side WA, Noel, Lorde is a competent if small trio. It’s strange that two could plausibly be Other subs too, when have we ever had that?

But Lorde stands out as the true bust flush. As @kingcrawler says, she might draw a pretty thin crowd.

I think what people are missing is the Specials (who I think were third down last time) are gone.

We have a third down slot to fill and there’s been some re-shuffling on the other.

There’s definitely space for one more big pyramid act. Lorde can easily be third down.

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m going to make one last big divisive guess. Perhaps other users should take heed due to today.

I’m torn between it being Florence or Harry. Both acts actually have a good claim to get their own announcement.

Florence as she’s a past headliner.

Harry as he would be a bigger than usual sub. It would make sense to announce him after the resale too so it doesn’t impact the stadium dates. 

Let’s see if I’m on a winning streak 😘 

Behave.

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think what people are missing is the Specials (who I think were third down last time) are gone.

We have a third down slot to fill and there’s been some re-shuffling on the other.

There’s definitely space for one more big pyramid act. Lorde can easily be third down.

And we’ve had Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat and Wolf Alice all added to the lineup who could take that spot.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'm fully expecting the Specials to play somewhere. They're headlining Beautiful Days, the US tour finishes on the 19th June and they're playing 4 nights in Coventry in July. 

Edited by Boomtowner