Site Changes - What do we know?

stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sorry to hear that, Hope your symptoms aren’t too bad, just build up those antibodies for June! 

Felt dreadful Monday evening, all of Tuesday and yesterday….felt well enough today to get dressed and watch TV…although I will say I’ve had other cold like illnesses knock me harder.  Fingers crossed I started testing negative on day 5 & 6 so I can be released from quarantine! 

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Felt dreadful Monday evening, all of Tuesday and yesterday….felt well enough today to get dressed and watch TV…although I will say I’ve had other cold like illnesses knock me harder.  Fingers crossed I started testing negative on day 5 & 6 so I can be released from quarantine! 

Good luck with that. Most people I know it's been a few days beyond five. I couldn't go out 'till yesterday which was day 9 for me. And I was looking forward to going out tonight but now I have a cyst that has burst. Fuck my luck. I probably won't get out and about until next week now due to work. Definitely gone a bit stir crazy.

To stay on thread. Whatever changes are made, there will be something that is not completely ready/built in time. There is always something that is not completely ready/built in time.

8 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Good luck with that. Most people I know it's been a few days beyond five. I couldn't go out 'till yesterday which was day 9 for me. And I was looking forward to going out tonight but now I have a cyst that has burst. Fuck my luck. I probably won't get out and about until next week now due to work. Definitely gone a bit stir crazy.

To stay on thread. Whatever changes are made, there will be something that is not completely ready/built in time. There is always something that is not completely ready/built in time.

Well if it’s 10 then so be it…just gutted I’m out of going to football on Saturday as it’s a mates birthday due to have a good drink not really seen any mates for a beer for a few weeks now but is what it is.

Day 3 now almost complete! 😫

5 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I really want anything to do with Covid left at the gate. 

No more upvotes left but could not agree more with this. I hope its never mentioned by the festival in a public facing way at any stage online or in person. It will obviously be mentioned behind the scenes and to workers etc but yep from a punter perspective lets ban the C word!

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

For younger people…. Way, way past it.

for some older folks not so much but the more enclosed & rammed a space is younger the crowd would generally be anyway

To be honest, I think if you’re at Glastonbury you are pretty much past covid. Or at the very least, you’ve accepted you may catch it as a result of your choice. 

If not, maybe heading to the biggest makeshift city in the world with little sanitation isn’t the right choice. 

5 hours ago, kingbadger said:

One thing I hope not to see is anything Covid related from the festival, not in the SEC or anywhere else. Keep the politics of the festival and those areas alive, but I really don't wanna be seeing posters or material about the vaccines or masks or anything like that. Whilst I get the 'recharge your activism' aspect of Glastonbury, I really want anything to do with Covid left at the gate. 

Pray to god. 

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Talking (entirely off topic!) of COVID and cysts, I've been waiting since late 2019 for an operation to have one removed (or is it an abscess?). Every time I was getting to the front of the list, a new wave came in. I finally got a call last Tuesday asking me to come in this week to go under the knife. Just one catch, my daughter had just tested positive and you can't go in for an operation (or not this operation at this hospital at least) until you've been COVID free for SEVEN weeks! 

I tested positive the next day and still am today. 

At least I'll have "super immunity". I'll be going to the pub for the first time in months as soon as I'm clear!

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking (entirely off topic!) of COVID and cysts, I've been waiting since late 2019 for an operation to have one removed (or is it an abscess?). Every time I was getting to the front of the list, a new wave came in. I finally got a call last Tuesday asking me to come in this week to go under the knife. Just one catch, my daughter had just tested positive and you can't go in for an operation (or not this operation at this hospital at least) until you've been COVID free for SEVEN weeks! 

I tested positive the next day and still am today. 

At least I'll have "super immunity". I'll be going to the pub for the first time in months as soon as I'm clear!

That's just awful. I've also had to cancel a couple of appointments that I've been waiting months for due to having the 'vid. It's infuriating. 

What is weird is that I've had cysts (or are they abscesses) at least a couple of times before and it's always been a case of the doctor seeing them and being told to go straight to the hospital for an op because, "if it bursts internally you could get sepsis (or is it septicaemia?) and die". They were on a different bodily region mind.

This one I didn't get to see a doctor, only a nurse, who prescribed antibiotics and a hot water bottle and that was it. Come back if it doesn't clear up. I wasn't even aware that nurses could prescribe drugs.

Glad it didn't flare up during the festival. That would've been awkward. I had a touch of the farmers there once and it was excruciating. Worse than the time I had to visit the on-site dentist (who subsequently prescribed one of the few antibiotics that you're not allowed to drink on. Thinking about it, that was probably worse then).

Get well soon.

7 hours ago, MrZigster said:

That's just awful. I've also had to cancel a couple of appointments that I've been waiting months for due to having the 'vid. It's infuriating. 

What is weird is that I've had cysts (or are they abscesses) at least a couple of times before and it's always been a case of the doctor seeing them and being told to go straight to the hospital for an op because, "if it bursts internally you could get sepsis (or is it septicaemia?) and die". They were on a different bodily region mind.

This one I didn't get to see a doctor, only a nurse, who prescribed antibiotics and a hot water bottle and that was it. Come back if it doesn't clear up. I wasn't even aware that nurses could prescribe drugs.

Glad it didn't flare up during the festival. That would've been awkward. I had a touch of the farmers there once and it was excruciating. Worse than the time I had to visit the on-site dentist (who subsequently prescribed one of the few antibiotics that you're not allowed to drink on. Thinking about it, that was probably worse then).

Get well soon.

Mine burst years ago, still leaking to this day. It's proper minging!

I'm reet though, got through a couple of days at work.

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

As long as the Pyramid field oak tree is still intact. Lost count of how many times the shade from that bad boy has prevented first degree sunburn 

And where else to meet up with mates?

On 2/14/2022 at 12:18 AM, Leyrulion said:

On infrastructure changes, anyone know if EE will be bringing 5g to the site? 

I’d be very surprised if EE didn’t as it’s a great marketing stunt. We had 5G in 2019 too.

I happened upon a model cow from the stand in our old office just before it closed down last year. 😅

If you want to get into the weeds of sit changes have a leaf through of the recommendations from the 2019 festival, not all site related. But maybe some alterations to pedestrian flow around the park and old railway line.

I think it's safe to assume they've ignored the recommendation to introduce limits on the alcohol to bring in.

https://www.mendip.gov.uk/media/23626/Item-07c-Glastonbury-Festival-De-Brief-Report-2019-Appendix-2-Officer-Recommendations-for-2020/pdf/Item_07c_Glastonbury_Festival_De-Brief_Report_2019_Appendix_2_-_Officer_Recommendations_for_2020.pdf?m=637255823033500000

Full appendices here: https://www.mendip.gov.uk/article/8461/Scrutiny-Board-Thursday-9-January-2020

Edited by Leyrulion
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2022 at 1:42 AM, crazyfool1 said:

does anyone else think that the Pangea field was rammed ? I thought it was nicely busy with no crowd issues although I didnt go right in the middle  but the access was quite congested around the railway line 

My mate took a mild panic attack to an extent and ran right though the middle, I followed him the whole way through no problem.