Site Changes - What do we know?

stuartbert two hats

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That cost will happen … it just depends when …. 

Of course, but I guess that’s why it’s apparently now up in the air, because as tried and tested as Arcadia is it’s not free to put it up, whereas if they don’t need to take Pangea down between now and the festival it might be as broad as it’s long between the two.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Of course, but I guess that’s why it’s apparently now up in the air, because as tried and tested as Arcadia is it’s not free to put it up, whereas if they don’t need to take Pangea down between now and the festival it might be as broad as it’s long between the two.

I just think a lot of shit will hit the fan with the locals if they use a structure which they dont have planning for ..... I wouldn't want to give them more ammunition  . I actually thought Pangea would stay before the info came through 

6 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If they went ahead with Pangea, that would also not be free to put up.  Only part of the base is there at the moment.  The rest of the base, cabin and boom still need to be assembled, stress tested and certified safe.  

The spider is used to travelling all over the world and installing it isn't anything new to the team. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

If they went ahead with Pangea, that would also not be free to put up.  Only part of the base is there at the moment.  The rest of the base, cabin and boom still need to be assembled, stress tested and certified safe.  

The spider is used to travelling all over the world and installing it isn't anything new to the team. 

It’s obviously not that straight forward if it’s still up on the air between the two though (if indeed that info is accurate).

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I just think a lot of shit will hit the fan with the locals if they use a structure which they dont have planning for ..... I wouldn't want to give them more ammunition  . I actually thought Pangea would stay before the info came through 

They don't need planning permission to use it as a temporary structure related to the festival within the 28 days. It's having it outside of those 28 days which they don't have the planning for.

2 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

They don't need planning permission to use it as a temporary structure related to the festival within the 28 days. It's having it outside of those 28 days which they don't have the planning for.

It hasn't been removed though so the temporary permitted development doesn't apply.  The land owner is currently non-compliant with the planning decision. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

It hasn't been removed though so the temporary permitted development doesn't apply.  The land owner is currently non-compliant with the planning decision. 

this is where it gets a bit wooly .... I think we need to know the timeframe they have been given to remove it ? 

2 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Isn't the issue that they're already in violation of a decision to remove it as the retrospective planning was unsuccessful. 

So the council could perfectly legitimately issue an enforcement notice for it's removal and the festival faces prosecution if they don't comply.

If it went to Crown Court that's an unlimited fine and potential confiscation of any profits the court think has been made as a result of the refusal to comply with the enforcement notice. (E.g. they might be able to add a monetary value to the value "attraction" brings to the festival and recover that)

Basically it would all get very messy, and GFEL would be unlikely to win any appeal so it's best to sort amicably if possible.

It's been nearly 3 years since the last festival. If there was going to be an issue with what remains of Pangea remaining in it's current position then it would have gone through the system and sorted by now even with the pandemic giving a stay of execution (if it needed to come down this is)

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

It's been nearly 3 years since the last festival. If there was going to be an issue with what remains of Pangea remaining in it's current position then it would have gone through the system and sorted by now even with the pandemic giving a stay of execution (if it needed to come down this is)

It does need to come down though and there is an issue with it remaining!  

The appeal was rejected almost 2 years ago and as such, it shouldn't be there anymore. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

It does need to come down though and there is an issue with it remaining!  

The appeal was rejected almost 2 years ago and as such, it shouldn't be there anymore. 

Whether it should or shouldn't clearly isn't bothering the council nor those who live within sight of it otherwise something would have happened by now.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Whether it should or shouldn't clearly isn't bothering the council nor those who live within sight of it otherwise something would have happened by now.

The discussion is, why would they spend more money developing it for this years festival, when they know it's not viable.  

I'd guess it does bother the council, otherwise they would have approved either the application or the appeal! 

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Can’t they use the permanent part of the Pangea frame as a structure for a cow shed?

Or are the local council wise to that loophole now

Maybe they could justify it as a legitimate means to more easily transport the cows from one field to another without them needing to walk? 

1628110465448.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

You have a lot of faith in the speed of local planning decisions. This one today has been running for 8 years: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-60824767

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I took a look at the enforcement notices for Pilton and the last one was in 2015. 

if a villager made a complaint they would have to respond via an enforcement order. I thing they have agreed to allow them to bring it down after the next festival when the ground is dry. 

5 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I took a look at the enforcement notices for Pilton and the last one was in 2015. 

if a villager made a complaint they would have to respond via an enforcement order. I think they have agreed to allow them to bring it down after the next festival when the ground is dry. 

I reckon this seems most likely - good shout.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Do we know what is going to replace beat hotel yet?

From what I understand it's the same structure with the same people but with a different 'theme' - if you can call it that. This is just going by what others have said on here, mind you.