Best Live Song of All Time

Somto Unigwe Raphael

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Rescheduled at first, then when the new dates wouldn’t work either it was canned outright.

2 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Bad vibes that.

I had tickets for it too. Ended up using the refund on Caribou tickets - which also got postponed. Eventually went to that gig 2 weeks back, two and a half years after initially paying for the Cave tickets. 

1 hour ago, Bennykill said:

the one that always pops back into my head is New Sensation form Summer XS back in 91.  probably influenced by it being my first stadium gig and the crowd went crazy.

I was there too. Also my first stadium gig. 

Came down from Manchester the day before. Only second visit to London at the tender age of 19. Four of us went to the Marquee Club on the Friday. Met some Canadian girls and partied until the sun rose. Went back to our accommodation where an American girl offered to give my mate and I a 'massage' in return for a spare ticket (we declined!) Then onto the gig where I started hallucinating due to no sleep and lack of water. Went to sleep in the stands for a couple of hours before waking up and heading into the crowd. Five minutes later, this song was played. WHAT a 24hours!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I thought Strokes headlined after Pulp?

Jealous - I've watched that Pulp gig on YouTube 20+ times. One of my all-time favourite go-to's on a solitary Friday evening drink sesh. Sunrise and Underwear are breathtaking. Well, the whole gig, really.

Strokes headlined Reading and Pulp headlined Leeds.

Jeez - where do you even start. I'm fortunate enough - as many are on here - to have seen almost every artist I wanted to, notable exceptions being Pink Floyd, Bowie and Prince. I could pick a song from any of the 'big hitters' back catalogues (Stones, McCartney, Elton, U2, Oasis, Blur, Fleetwood Mac....the list goes on) and it would be different every day.

So I've gone for what I think is the best song I haven't seen live; 

Edited by Chef

2017. My favourite Stage. First time I had seen The Lips. With one of my darling daughters (who had never even heard anything of them). 

90 minutes of pure, pissed up JOY.. Not the best audio but I must have been just a few feet behind the recorder and it captures the spectacle brilliantly.. This is how live music should make you feel. Wonderful.!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

2017. My favourite Stage. First time I had seen The Lips. With one of my darling daughters (who had never even heard anything of them). 

90 minutes of pure, pissed up JOY.. Not the best audio but I must have been just a few feet behind the recorder and it captures the spectacle brilliantly.. This is how live music should make you feel. Wonderful.!

Yep! Had no idea what to expect the first time I saw them either and opening with Race for the Prize sets the tone for the magic you are about to see so so well. 

So, I'm down with Jubilee Street and Let There Be Rock, but for me, it was this tune, where I was lucky to be present after an angel GAVE me a ticket for the gig on the proviso that I just hung out with him and his buddies. 

This was the first tune. 

A few songs later they played Joshua Tree in full, starting here... If you said this was the best song ever, I wouldn't argue much. Though I'm currently digging Purple Rain for that title. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

So, I'm down with Jubilee Street and Let There Be Rock, but for me, it was this tune, where I was lucky to be present after an angel GAVE me a ticket for the gig on the proviso that I just hung out with him and his buddies. 

This was the first tune. 

A few songs later they played Joshua Tree in full, starting here... If you said this was the best song ever, I wouldn't argue much. Though I'm currently digging Purple Rain for that title. 

You may be on to something.  I saw them on the Love Town tour in Paris and they opened with Streets it was an incredible moment. This is from Rattle and Hum but same era.

Also the version on the AYCLB tour when they went from Bad to 40 to Streets. Almost always guaranteed a moment, only exception was Glastonbury when something went wrong and it was a bit flat.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

This was the first tune. 

Having clicked on your links, I have just spent the last hour watching a variety of U2 clips on YouTube 😂

My Conclusion - yes it would be very hard for me to argue with you on Streets - absolutely epic live.

Did watch a bit of the Glastonbury gig though and there was def something missing and they completely ruined the intro to Streets which should just be left alone

• Upvote 1