Best Live Song of All Time

Somto Unigwe Raphael

In terms of getting a crowd going nothing has ever beaten Pulp’s Common People for me, especially when they used to do the really slow build up and everyone would go apeshit when it all kicked in at “she just smiled and held my hand!”

Also, despite years of nonsense from Muse, I’ll never get tired of that massive, face shredding riff that kicks in at the end of Knights of Cydonia. That whole song is just ridiculous live.

Then there’s this, not even their best tune, but if you were there you’d understand…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

At Glastonbury it’s this for me, but mainly because we were in the pit about 3/4 from the front and had started on some of our naughty stuff during TLSP, so we were very much peaking for this. The moment when the confetti cannons went off still gives me goosebumps, at the time I thought I was in heaven or something:

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, henry bear said:

Everyone’s favourite band according to the ‘most controversial opinion’ thread. A very young henry bear is in the audience at this one:

Ah yes. Queen.

Today, my favourite live album will be Live Killers.

Now I'm Here and Love Of My Life stand out for the singalongs. But again hard to pick a favourite track overall.

Part of my record collection when I only had about half a dozen or so bits of 12" vinyl. (My pocket money only really stretched to singles. Think this was a with Christmas money buy. Also remember going into the local record shop intending to buy something different and being turned onto this by the owner).

Ah so many answers to this question. For ones I have seen live and experienced I could pick hundreds even if I just went off Glastonbury performances but when I first read it the first thought that came into my head was Karma Police. My first Glastonbury I remember seeing (well more accurately hearing as I couldn't see a thing) Thom and Jonny playing the Park back in the day of the secret set. After the gig you could hear people singing this over and over literally from the Park to the Pyramid stage. Gave me full goosebumps then and even today thinking about it, it does the same. 

So yes as @MrZigstersays  the answer could change many times a day but right now I'm kind of loving that memory

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

In terms of getting a crowd going nothing has ever beaten Pulp’s Common People for me, especially when they used to do the really slow build up and everyone would go apeshit when it all kicked in at “she just smiled and held my hand!”

Also, despite years of nonsense from Muse, I’ll never get tired of that massive, face shredding riff that kicks in at the end of Knights of Cydonia. That whole song is just ridiculous live.

Then there’s this, not even their best tune, but if you were there you’d understand…

The Universal is even better live. Also brought a tear to Damon's eye.

I saw them at Hyde Park in 2012 and I've rarely ever seen a crowd go off like it did for Intermission.

Of things I've not seen live myself Blur Tender is definitely up there. I think there is something special about a song that keeps on going even after the band have stopped. You know you've been to a special gig when the audience leaves still singing. 

Common People is a great shout. First saw them when I was 15 headlining Leeds Fest after The Strokes (who I bought the ticket for) had disappointed me. One of the best sets I’ve seen with Common People being the obvious highlight. In fact the other day I went to that weekend was closed by Knights of Cydonia.

Anyway this is my actual answer. Will never understand how huge they make it sound. First time I saw them I was stood there in awe. Brother who doesn’t remotely like him looked at me like “what the fuck was that”.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Common People is a great shout. First saw them when I was 15 headlining Leeds Fest after The Strokes (who I bought the ticket for) had disappointed me. One of the best sets I’ve seen with Common People being the obvious highlight. In fact the other day I went to that weekend was closed by Knights of Cydonia.

Anyway this is my actual answer. Will never understand how huge they make it sound. First time I saw them I was stood there in awe. Brother who doesn’t remotely like him looked at me like “what the fuck was that”.

That Cave video makes me regret my decision to see the Pumpkins even more…