What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

4 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

I just booked my train ticket for the Tuesday.

I remembered last time I missed the direct train I had booked to Castle Cary, so ended up getting one to Westbury, and then changing. It was a far more pleasant experience, where I got seats on both trains, so I'm doing that again!

Just noticed the Confidence Man Avatar.  Just downloaded "Tilt" the new Album off Bandcamp this morning as it was released today.  First listen... absolutely belters

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Northtim said:

Caught Covid, in fact two of us that have golden tickets have it.  I'm counting that as prep.  Better now than June!

Me too ! Second time this year 🙈 

Also thinking better than catching it in June. Hope you feel better soon 😊

9 hours ago, The Dawg said:

My mobile phone lanyard arrived today so I don't bloody lose it.  Shout out to a chap on the fb Glasto boards whose name I don't remember, great idea.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275142554713

You won't look back!   They are brilliant!  I've lost phones at festivals and this is a game changer.  You don't need to take it off to reply to messages or take a photo etc.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I've done something very important over the last few days. Bought my flagpole for the campsite along with a worthy cow windsock to fly from it!! Haha Time to decorate!20220401_122507.thumb.jpg.43806e39fe411f959a922edc1b83fcec.jpg

That will look great in front of the stages. Better than some of the flags you see. 

I’ve just bought a new bag for all my gear. 85L so should be able to get everything on my back and keep my hands free. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

19 hours ago, Simsy said:

Can recommend the inflatable fresh & black tents (although I'm only 5ft 3 and have a much smaller tent).

That 1 you've linked is 26kg! I hope you've got a trolley for that.

Definitely will have a trolley, it’s bloody hefty ennit.

19 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m 6’3 so pretty much given up on the idea of standing up in a tent that I can carry on my back. 

I’ve got a 3 man f&b tent. I can get a double airbed in there and can comfortably sleep diagonally in there. 

Are you planning on sharing your 6 man tent with anyone? Tents that large do take up a lot of ground space so think of your fellow campers.

Don’t hog too much space! 

I usually don’t put much thought into a tent but I’m fed up with being soaking wet at festivals and having to get changed while sitting on a damp floor. Small tents also get trashed so easily.

There will be three, maybe four, people sharing the tent. A whole six man tent to myself would be outrageous.

Looked into getting some biodegradable confetti cannons, as they seem like fun for various acts. Such as this one -  https://www.confettisupermarket.com/large-biofetti-cannon-custom-filled-with-biodegradable-confetti/

But I was left with a few questions: 

A) Is it big enough, you wouldn't want to embarrass yourself with a confetti cannon that it tantamount to a party popper when you've got a crowd around you. How big would you need? 
B) Are you allowed to take such a thing into the festival, would I need to hide it? 

21 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Looked into getting some biodegradable confetti cannons, as they seem like fun for various acts. Such as this one -  https://www.confettisupermarket.com/large-biofetti-cannon-custom-filled-with-biodegradable-confetti/

A) Is it big enough, you wouldn't want to embarrass yourself with a confetti cannon that it tantamount to a party popper when you've got a crowd around you. How big would you need? 
B) Are you allowed to take such a thing into the festival, would I need to hide it? 

Looking at it I suspect it'll be less Kylie on the Pyramid, more Rip Taylor in Wayne's World 😄

27 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

There's a video on the page

questionable for £18 + shipping i'd say

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Looking at it I suspect it'll be less Kylie on the Pyramid, more Rip Taylor in Wayne's World 😄

Yeah exactly. I'm already imagining the look of disappointment on the eyes of the people i'm with/ the people around me when I set off something with about ten bits of confetti that doesn't go above eye line. 

I guess it's all about timing though. Set one of those off at a dance stage during the day with about thirty people raving then you're a hero. Set it off during Macca, less so 😄

1 minute ago, kemosabe said:

Yeah exactly. I'm already imagining the look of disappointment on the eyes of the people i'm with/ the people around me when I set off something with about ten bits of confetti that doesn't go above eye line. 

I guess it's all about timing though. Set one of those off at a dance stage during the day with about thirty people raving then you're a hero. Set it off during Macca, less so 😄

Fuck it, go for it. Best case it looks great, worst case it's a damp squib and everyone gets a laugh out of it.

2 hours ago, Mrs Dubs said:

Me too ! Second time this year 🙈 

Also thinking better than catching it in June. Hope you feel better soon 😊

Me three!

That's my prep this weekend...getting it over and done with so immunity is high in June hopefully and I won't miss it!

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

I like how you put it in the second part - definitely hasn't got the impact factor of smoke bombs / flares. Based on the lineup this year I think we could be fairly free of them too, nobody is standing out to me so far as a 'flare act'

Anyone tried the Dead Mans Finger Pineapple Rum? 

Does it need a mixer or can it be sipped straight?!

Normally a Havana and coke kinda guy but thinking this could be a good late night option when I want to minimise fluid intake! 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Anyone tried the Dead Mans Finger Pineapple Rum? 

Does it need a mixer or can it be sipped straight?!

Normally a Havana and coke kinda guy but thinking this could be a good late night option when I want to minimise fluid intake! 

Personally I think it's rank but everyone's got different tastes. If I were to take a rum that was easy to drink without a mixer I'd go Koko kanu if you like white rum heavy on the coconut and just take a bag of limes. Or old J cherry rum goes down well even when it's not ice cold

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

That will look great in front of the stages. Better than some of the flags you see. 

I’ve just bought a new bag for all my gear. 85L so should be able to get everything on my back and keep my hands free. 

To be honest I probably won't take it down to the stages but been wanting one for camp for ages 🎏  it of fun 🙂

Sounds like a great investment in the backpack! Luckily we managed to get a caravan pass in the resale as well so no need to do the trek from the car this time...get to take my little old hippy van (if it makes it down there!)