Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

Fall out boy on Thursday, really awesome seeing them in such a small venue, great energy from the band and the vocals were awesome 

enter shikari at outernet last night. First time at that venue and the sound was unreal along with some awesome lighting. I don’t know a band who are more consistently awesome live, only note was I wasn’t massively into the encore. Stop the clocks and live outside aren’t my favourite shikari songs by any stretch

Went to Say She She gig at Lost Horizon in Bristol tonight. A gig I’ve been looking forward to after loving their music for the last 6 months. It was awful, sound was rubbish and very disappointing. Probably skip them at Glasto now which is a big shame. Be keen to hear if anyone else enjoyed any of their other UK shows

On 3/18/2023 at 11:26 PM, rwoo said:

Went to Say She She gig at Lost Horizon in Bristol tonight. A gig I’ve been looking forward to after loving their music for the last 6 months. It was awful, sound was rubbish and very disappointing. Probably skip them at Glasto now which is a big shame. Be keen to hear if anyone else enjoyed any of their other UK shows

Saw them last night in Yes! in Manchester.  Really enjoyed it to be honest, loads of fun, nice friendly crowd, lots of dancing.  Sound mix was a definitely off for the support act, but seemed fine when Say She She came on.  Did an hour, then did the fake leaving the stage thing only to come back on and do a cover of I Believe In Miracles by the Jackson Sisters, which took the roof off.  Top stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Superscally said:

Suede were marvellous at the Liverpool Phil. Their new album is possibly the best they've ever done. Would be ace if they open the Other...

They deserve better than that!

Off to see everybody’s eleventh or twelfth favourite Britpop band Space on Friday in Chester (a bit mean that, they have a few boss tunes) but only cos I’ve found out that Oranj Son are the support. They just turn up every now and then, little notice, and sound brilliant. I had already boxed off tickets for Liverpool for them in a few weeks but this is a cool bonus. Sound is really good at Live Rooms and they absolutely deserve good quality tech. 

On 3/20/2023 at 10:11 AM, Superscally said:

Suede were marvellous at the Liverpool Phil. Their new album is possibly the best they've ever done. Would be ace if they open the Other...

Saw them last night in Brighton and they were pretty special, really hoping they are at Glastonbury this year.

Also thought the support Desperate Journalist were really good.

On 3/20/2023 at 9:30 AM, TheHairBlairBunch said:

I saw Orlando Weeks on Friday at Heaven, really great live with a beautiful voice. Shame his post Maccabees career hasn't received much publicity or exposure 

I can see it to be honest.  Great voice yes, but the solo stuff just isn't anywhere near as good as The Maccabees IMO, and I'm not a huge Macabbees fan.  6Music keep pushing, but unless he gets a couple of tunes that break through I think his solo career will remain low key.

Went to see Death Cab for Cutie at Rock city on the weekend, had a fantastic time, the venue can make anyone fun and great in my eyes. 

got King Gizzard tonight, not looking forward to the rush hour drive from the midlands though after work

Went and watched Franc Moody last night in Bristol, awesome band and so good live.

I had a contact in the band, who confirmed there was a booker from West Holts checking them out last night also so don't be surprised to see them appear on the lineup!

6 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Went and watched Franc Moody last night in Bristol, awesome band and so good live.

I had a contact in the band, who confirmed there was a booker from West Holts checking them out last night also so don't be surprised to see them appear on the lineup!

I was there too, they were great. They’d sound amazing on West Holts.

Third time I’ve seen Porij as well, they just keep getting better. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, rwoo said:

I was there too, they were great. They’d sound amazing on West Holts.

Third time I’ve seen Porij as well, they just keep getting better. 

Yeah i caught most of Porij, sounded decent.

Agreed West Holts is perfect for FM! I just need to get a ticket in the resale now!!

1 minute ago, RossTC said:

Yeah i caught most of Porij, sounded decent.

Agreed West Holts is perfect for FM! I just need to get a ticket in the resale now!!

I’d guess they might be looking at them for next year? Guessing most of the West Holts lineup has already been finalised. 

Best of luck in the resale!!

Edited by rwoo
  • Upvote 1

On 3/18/2023 at 11:26 PM, rwoo said:

I went to their London show last week and really enjoyed them. 

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw them on Wednesday in Glasgow and the sound mix wasn't great there either. Maybe they need a new engineer.

Would have thought the engineer goes with the venue, not the act, unless it’s an arena/stadium sized job. Am I wrong?