Radiohead 2022?

Mouseboy11

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do Radiohead really charge that amount for their tickets?  I thought it was at least £70 for a normal ticket (not tiny warm up gig).

I'm not sure, I've never paid. I just did a quick google search of "radiohead uk ticket price" and this is what came up. Can't seem to attach an image, but a section of this article comes up without clicking on it saying around £50 to £65.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/fans-pay-the-price-for-the-rising-cost-of-lavish-live-shows-7577970.html%3famp

Just realised it's from 2012 so probably a bit outdated anyway.

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

I'm not sure, I've never paid. I just did a quick google search of "radiohead uk ticket price" and this is what came up. Can't seem to attach an image, but a section of this article comes up without clicking on it saying around £50 to £65.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/fans-pay-the-price-for-the-rising-cost-of-lavish-live-shows-7577970.html%3famp

I remember paying around £70-80 each for their Dublin & Manchester shows in 2017.

Edited by Hutchmaster

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

It cost me £75 in 2012 for an arena seat.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I just really thought they’d do it

I thought they would too, but looks to me like they've been offered a run of dates in Europe that they've plumped for instead.

Given Thom's relationship with the festival I doubt there's anything dramatic or sinister at play here. They just can't fit it into their schedule.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I thought they would too, but looks to me like they've been offered a run of dates in Europe that they've plumped for instead.

Given Thom's relationship with the festival I doubt there's anything dramatic or sinister at play here. They just can't fit it into their schedule.

They've done this kind of thing before, in particular 2009 where everything pointed at them playing Glastonbury, then they went and headlined Reading of all places!

On 8/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

Just got back from Green Man, caught a bit of BC Camplight and ended up stood next to Thom Yorke. He said that Radiohead are going to be playing next year and probably The Smile too although didn’t say if they were headlining.

Taking the thread full circle.