Radiohead 2022?

Mouseboy11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The fuck!

Read the full quote and it sounds like they’re just kind of happy to all be doing their own thing at the moment and will reconvene when the time is right.

Somebody on Reddit a while ago said they’d heard that Ed was the one who put the breaks on things after covid eased off and said he didn’t want to get back at it just yet after they were initially planning on touring in ‘21, the others agreed, and Thom and Jonny decided to just do their own thing in the meantime. Kind of sucks knowing a lot of The Smile stuff undoubtedly would’ve been the new Radiohead album had things turned out differently, but also The Smile are awesome, basically Radiohead 2, and judging by the amount of new stuff they’ve been playing at their shows album #2 might be out sooner than later. Just hope they don’t get too comfortable and end up quietly disbanding as time goes on. 

They've not split up, they're just on hiatus, as they usually are between albums.  This isn't anything we didn't know.  I'm pretty sure I heard a more recent interview with Thom where he was asked if there would ever be more Radiohead in the future and he said there definitely would be in the future, but there was nothing happening right now.

• 2 months later...

In rainbows 15 years old today 

My favourite album of all time, think this came as close to perfection as I had ever heard. Everytime I listen to, I still think it just sounds remarkable.

I know ok computer is always listed as the best , kid A how it changed everything. I think in rainbows is the most complete Album 

Just now, brettredmayne said:

My favourite album of all time, think this came as close to perfection as I had ever heard. Everytime I listen to, I still think it just sounds remarkable.

I know ok computer is always listed as the best , kid A how it changed everything. I think in rainbows is the most complete Album 

Probably mine as well. I was thinking of getting an In Rainbows styled tattoo but I don't think the art style is that good for it that I'd want it on my body.

Thread activity me think there was some more Smile gigs coming up next year or something, I hope they do a couple.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

Probably mine as well. I was thinking of getting an In Rainbows styled tattoo but I don't think the art style is that good for it that I'd want it on my body.

Thread activity me think there was some more Smile gigs coming up next year or something, I hope they do a couple.

Sorry , just wanted to get all nostalgic 

3 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I'm happy to jump on that wagon.

Funnily (if slightly off topic), it still isn't the best album released on this day.

In the court of crimson king is 53 today 🎉

On 7/7/2022 at 5:21 PM, Suprefan said:

Ahh, these bring back memories. I used to have the black t-shirt when I was a skinny (weed smoking) teen. Then I quit and got bigger, would never be able to fit into it now unless I wanted to look like a Venice Beach gym wannabe.

Cheers for the post, might get one to reminisce.

And look cool again obvs. 

Can't believe In Rainbows is 15 years old. Remember paying about 1.50 or something paltry for it because I was a flat broke student at the time. It's a stonking album. 

As favourite albums go, it's a tie between In Rainbows, Okay Computer, Kid A, and Hail to the Thief. Just can't decide. 

Idioteque is my fave song though, hands down.

More IVW announcements to come but Phil Selway is the ambassador for next year and is playing a handful of shows at some independent venues, might be cool to check out.

https://www.musicweek.com/live/read/radiohead-s-philip-selway-unveiled-as-independent-venue-week-s-10th-anniversary-ambassador/086712

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Agree with those who say it's their best album.

The 2008 Old Trafford show in support of it was the best I've ever seen them too. I mean, just look at this setlist...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2008/old-trafford-cricket-ground-manchester-england-13d6bdcd.html

"Faust Arp
(Thom Yorke stopped singing, disturbed by crowd moshing stupidly)"

Was this you Hugh? Smh