Radiohead 2022?

Mouseboy11

2 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

The Smile are in Mexico/USA over Glasto weekend so we can sadly rule them out.

Yep a bit gutting. Was really hoping they would turn up on the line up. One of those bands I'd love to see but tend to cost more than I like to spend on gigs these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The Smile Twitter account has been posting a bunch of photos of studio equipment lately. Reckon we’ll be getting album #2 sooner rather than later, hopefully this summer. 

The Smile are great but it's feels like along time since the last RH album, I could do with another. 

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

The Smile are great but it's feels like along time since the last RH album, I could do with another. 

Yeah, although we’ve been spoilt with the side projects in the interim, nothing comes close to having a new Radiohead release. Just hope this long wait is worth it, especially as it’s looking to be an 8 or 9 year(!) gap since AMSP when the new one finally comes out. 

32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

1 more to go til theyre done. 2025.....

I don't think we'll ever know what their last album is until (at least) one of them dies. As much as they're getting on a bit, they're still not that old. The Beach Boys had a gap of 16 years between albums (1996-2012) and they'd been going a while at the time.

They're just not the sort to "break up", they'll just keep having pauses until one day they're not capable of coming back together.  But that day is many, many years away from 2025.

19 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't think we'll ever know what their last album is until (at least) one of them dies. As much as they're getting on a bit, they're still not that old. The Beach Boys had a gap of 16 years between albums (1996-2012) and they'd been going a while at the time.

They're just not the sort to "break up", they'll just keep having pauses until one day they're not capable of coming back together.  But that day is many, many years away from 2025.

Well they easily couldve gone and done some touring over the last 5 years and done that but they havent so theyre content for now. Ive been sort of ok with this break cause I dont miss the stress that comes to attending shows. If they stop after one more album and tour i can live with it.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Well they easily couldve gone and done some touring over the last 5 years and done that but they havent so theyre content for now. Ive been sort of ok with this break cause I dont miss the stress that comes to attending shows. If they stop after one more album and tour i can live with it.

People keep talking about them finishing, but I just don't think we'll ever get the "farewell tour" grandstanding from them, it's just not their style. It might not be quick (almost certainly won't be), but I reckon they have more than one more record left in them.

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

People keep talking about them finishing, but I just don't think we'll ever get the "farewell tour" grandstanding from them, it's just not their style. It might not be quick (almost certainly won't be), but I reckon they have more than one more record left in them.

I can see why a lot of people (including me briefly) thought AMSP might’ve been their last album what with it closing with the finally recorded True Love Waits and then them uncharacteristically wheeling out tons of ‘greatest hits’ setlists on their last tour + then disappearing for a long time etc, but now that that’s seemingly off the cards, I agree that they’ll just go at their own pace, releasing albums and touring when they want to whilst doing their own shit in between. Hopefully we won’t have to wait 8+ years between all new albums henceforth though and this is just a particularly creative time for them all, which will lead to a better new album eventually. 

I wouldn't hold your breath for a new radiohead album. They have plenty of outlets to release music and be creative without the hassle and expectation that comes with being Radiohead. I mean, never say never but can't see anything happening for ages. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...