May Glastonbury live stream - Will you be watching

Greenelk

May Glastonbury Live Stream - Will you be watching?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. May Glastonbury Live Stream - Will you be watching?

• Yes - Definitely will be or already purchased my ticket
    • Maybe - Yet to decide
    • No - Sick to death of live streams
    • Donated - Probably not going to watch, but have purchased a ticket for the great causes
    • No - I don't like the bands that are participating
    • No - Eurovision Party Time!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2021 at 12:33 PM

As there's been quite a bit of negativitiy about this, on social media and on these very pages, and then having read @Mackem's great post on it in another thread

I thought I'd see how the announcement has gone down  with us efesters with a poll

Edited by Greenelk

I've gone for 'maybe'

I am sick of watching live streams, and we're gonna be allowed to go out by then so I probably wont watch it. BUT if things change or I'm not out for whatever reason then i might stick it on, either way, good for them hope it makes some dosh

I just said on the other thread, ticket and poster purchased and donation made. May watch some or all or none. Who knows? I’ve spent less that I would on a night out and I haven’t had one of them for a long time so its no biggie. Every little helps! 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, stuie said:

I just said on the other thread, ticket and poster purchased and donation made. May watch some or all or none. Who knows? I’ve spent less that I would on a night out and I haven’t had one of them for a long time so its no biggie. Every little helps! 

same here.

I don't think this discounts them doing something live at all. I suspect the September one will still go ahead. I have bought a ticket and added an extra donation even though in all likelihood I won't end up watching it or certainly not very much of it. I want to support them and have been surprised at the negativity. 

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

yeah exactly🙄.... 

😂 am joking!! I loved that, I was meaning more the BBC stuff, watching the playbacks etc I just built it all up to be something it wasnt 

That was the entirely predictable response I expected 🙂 ... I’ve just signed up to the livestream ... I won’t watch all of it I doubt ... but I’ve no plans to head back to the pub before they return to normal hopefully in June  so more than happy to donate some to charities that really need the help and some to help the festival should the worst happen longer term ... 

I'm sick to death of live streams - but need to specify that I mean Live Steams of acts playing to nothing but a camera crew and an audio tech meaning that the performance largely lacks any emotion or soul.

If they even had a couple hundred fans present, to follow this "journey through the site" as they seem to be structuring it, and to provide the tiniest bit of atmosphere then that could actually make it work and my perception of it would be a hundred times better.

If they can't have any audience, then I'd be far more impressed by dusting off some of the older, rarer, archive footage from past festivals.

42 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Also, last year I'd kinda built up the 'Glast-home-bury' to be something amazing and it just left me feeling deflated and a bit sad so it's probably best i dont get excited for it

This x 100. 

I did have a great night one of the Glastohomebury nights, but overall I felt flat as fuck because of it. 

Let's be honest if Glstonbury had come out and said we need some cash to keep everything ticking over, to be able to pay staff, help the charities most of us would have put our hand in our pockets if we could. 

That's effectively what this is but they have tried to give people some kind of product for it. Live streams don't really suit me but whether I watch or not. I know I have put some money into good hands. That's all that really matters. 

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

This x 100. 

I did have a great night one of the Glastohomebury nights, but overall I felt flat as fuck because of it. 

Out lot didn’t even bother in the end, after discussing it for ages - for that very reason. Last year it was better out of sight out of mind. Without sounding dramatic, it was too raw 😂

29 minutes ago, stuie said:

Out lot didn’t even bother in the end, after discussing it for ages - for that very reason. Last year it was better out of sight out of mind. Without sounding dramatic, it was too raw 😂

It Wasn’t so much that I realised I was missing Glastonbury more that I realised we were all missing everything.  
I would absolutely be of the same mindset as you in a year where the festival is going ahead and I don’t have a ticket. I had a good time overall last year and I think it was worth doing but I did leave me feeling a little bereft. 

Nope. Eurovision night so it's a bottle of prosecco, selection of Aldi's finest and watching the best (worst) of what Europe has to offer!

Also the only livestreams I've paid for have been where the artists have been releasing new music. Which has actually mostly been electronic acts to see how they mix and perform the songs live. 

Edited by Leyrulion

Think I am a yes. Plus I will enter the competition and be one of the lucky people to be on site to watch one of the sets 

If only

Think the journey through the farm , the added extras they are adding on and seeing what Block 9 are planning will make it interesting. Maybe some new music to be heard as well.