Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

14 minutes ago, themuel said:

George Ezra deserves nothing but love. His Phone a Friend podcast dealing with men’s mental health is a thing of total joy and he puts all of himself into it.
I’ve got a lot of love for the man. 

Wasn’t aware of this. Will check it out

I’ve just finished the 2pm stream and I have to say i loved it! We were one of the groups that sadly had the misfortune yesterday of it messing up our party, however by the time it all got up and running we actually enjoyed it a lot more. Hats off to them, made me emotional 😭 

22 minutes ago, themuel said:

George Ezra deserves nothing but love. His Phone a Friend podcast dealing with men’s mental health is a thing of total joy and he puts all of himself into it.
I’ve got a lot of love for the man. 

True, and there seems to be a lot more awareness of mental health issues these days and many musicians like George Ezra are playing their part.  It’s about time this issue is discussed more openly. Something I feel strongly about. 

Just clicked as I've finally watched the set - the woman (Christina Maynard) played with IDLES as one of their members (Lee) wasn't there... although he was on the Instagram pictures. Unless I missed him?

Edited by vintagelaureate

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

I’d probably buy a 4K physical copy of this. The whole thing is that good. 

Same, it was excellent 

48 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They definitely need to make Joe's workshop into a micro venue during the festival!

Pretty out of the way though, and quite near the village for noise isn’t it? 

7 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Just clicked as I've finally watched the set - the woman (Christina Maynard) played with IDLES as one of their members (Lee) wasn't there... although he was on the Instagram pictures. Unless I missed him?

He was on the farm but couldn't play as he has hurt his elbow

Right, I've now seen it all the way through in the bizarre Haim staring and finishing stylee.

Enough with the DMs demanding I give my view already, here we go.

Wolf Alice - enjoyed them, didn't sound like I expected from the 1 song I'd previously heard.

Kiwanuka - good but not earth shattering, imagine it would be a lot better in person.

Ezra - uh

Idles - fun, particularly enjoyed Mike Wozniak on guitar

Haim - a couple of nice tunes but ultimately a bit dull, lost interest as it wore on.

Coldplay - they always get it right at Glastonbury and did so again, despite the 1st and last songs being shite. Incredible visuals.

Albarn - Amazing, absolutely loved it, stole the show.

Jorja Smith - meh. I can't remember anything about it 24 hours later.

The Smile - not bad, wouldn't go out my way but wouldn't turn off.

Kano - what an entrance! Despite concerns the fella with the big horn may fall on his arse, great staging and better than I expected.

DJ Honey Mustard - reminded me of Zoo from Top of The Pops. All a bit performing arts school putting on a play about clubbing (like I'd know).

Roisin Murphy - I liked the la di di one.

Overall - excellent, liked the way it was filmed, the sound was excellent, the stream was almost faultless once you got into it. Would recommend.  

8 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

I wonder if they're intending to broadcast at least highlights on the BBC? Clara Amfo appeared to be on site judging by an Instagram post last week 

BBC Studios were credited at the end of the show as being part of the team who made it, so I imagine the performances are gonna be cut up and shown next month on BBC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Right, I've now seen it all the way through in the bizarre Haim staring and finishing stylee.

Enough with the DMs demanding I give my view already, here we go.

Wolf Alice - enjoyed them, didn't sound like I expected from the 1 song I'd previously heard.

Kiwanuka - good but not earth shattering, imagine it would be a lot better in person.

Ezra - uh

Idles - fun, particularly enjoyed Mike Wozniak on guitar

Haim - a couple of nice tunes but ultimately a bit dull, lost interest as it wore on.

Coldplay - they always get it right at Glastonbury and did so again, despite the 1st and last songs being shite. Incredible visuals.

Albarn - Amazing, absolutely loved it, stole the show.

Jorja Smith - meh. I can't remember anything about it 24 hours later.

The Smile - not bad, wouldn't go out my way but wouldn't turn off.

Kano - what an entrance! Despite concerns the fella with the big horn may fall on his arse, great staging and better than I expected.

DJ Honey Mustard - reminded me of Zoo from Top of The Pops. All a bit performing arts school putting on a play about clubbing (like I'd know).

Roisin Murphy - I liked the la di di one.

Overall - excellent, liked the way it was filmed, the sound was excellent, the stream was almost faultless once you got into it. Would recommend.  

So it was not earth shattering, eh, a bit dull, meh, not very memorable, some shite bits, not bad, with performing art school and TOTP comparisons but also excellent. Nicely summarised, Gnomy 😂

2 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

BBC Studios were credited at the end of the show as being part of the team who made it, so I imagine the performances are gonna be cut up and shown next month on BBC.

Maybe mixed with some old sets for the actual Glastonbury weekend. Highlights from Worthy Farm.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

So it was not earth shattering, eh, a bit dull, meh, not very memorable, some shite bits, not bad, with performing art school and TOTP comparisons but also excellent. Nicely summarised, Gnomy 😂

Exactly. I should have rated the scenery. That was what made it so good.