Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

Just finished the Aussie stream here. That was simply a gorgeous thing to watch and the production values and sheer effort that went into it were sublime.

Technically, all went smoothly until Kano, when the stream suddenly started cutting out. It never fixed itself.

Driift is 100% responsible for an absolute shit show. It must have been their big break and they totally blew it.

Thoughts on sets:

Wolf Alice - really enjoyed them. Helped they were on first, but even so they brought the goods. First signs of artists not really knowing what to do with no live audience. 

Michael Kiwanuka - loved him. Already a fan, but his music sounds so beautiful. Again, it’s easy to separate the people who’re confident in the studio from the people who need humans watching them to bring their vibe. 

George Ezra - has anyone ever looked more pleased with themselves? I don’t ever want to see this smug faced c**t again. 

Idles - sorry, not young or angry enough to be a fan. Most songs sounded the same and it went on too long </dad>. I did love the venue and Joe Rush welding away (check spelling) in the background. 

Haim - not familiar with them but loved the second half of the set when the country element disappeared. 

Coldplay - meh, they were Coldplay. I don’t hate them but they phoned in the hits. How were they not getting wet despite the rain?! Best thing about them was the stunning light show. 

Damon Albarn - initially difficult to decide whether he was being compelling or indulgent, this ended up being my set of the night. I’d adjusted my expectations by reading this thread beforehand, but I loved the free-roaming way this was filmed and the understated alternative vibe of the whole thing. Brilliant. My ex called it ‘music for dads of dads’. Maybe I’m getting old.

Jorja Smith - really enjoyed her, although again she seemed quite vulnerable until she came alive when features joined her. I wonder what she’s like with an audience to vibe off. 

The Smile - nah. My guest left and I took a dump. Thom Yorke really doesn’t do anything for me. 

Kano - superb. He seemed worst hit by the rain but was on top form. Loved his set from start to finish. 

DJ Honey Dijon - Didn’t realise how much I was craving some Glastonbury dance music. I’m not really a fan of USB-stick DJ’s (which is what this appeared to be) but I got up and strut my 43 year old self regardless. The last song was poignant. 

Edited by kalifire

1 hour ago, sameimpala said:

Seye Adelakun on bass, in gorillaz live band. Simon tong off of the verve on guitar. percussionist was Karl Vanden Bossche!

Was it Kingston Rotunda you were at last night? Looked like it from your photo but I didn't know it was on there - it's our nearest screen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'm sure Spotify, who have just this week inked a huge contract with Driift to "integrate concerts into the overall listening experience by make performances easier to find," will be keen to find out...

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/spotify-virtual-concerts-livestream-1234976854/

Well there's your answer: they're producers.

HAIM and Damon my favourites so far.

only one criticism of this... I don’t think it’s very... party friendly.

I’ve enjoyed sitting myself and watching and relaxing to it, but I’m glad I didn’t have a Glasto viewing party last night. I think some casual friends would be getting a bit bored.

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Trust me, they're playing live, if they were playing over a backing track, enough people were watching it that someone would of called it. Wolf Alice also had a mess up during one of their songs with a guitar peddle. The amount of backlash they would of got if they pulled of a 'Top of the Pops' paid evening would of outweighed last nights by a huge margin. 

Also Ellie's voice was a bit wobbly at the start - due to nerves if her facial expression after the first phrase is anything to go by ... so sweet!

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

HAIM and Damon my favourites so far.

only one criticism of this... I don’t think it’s very... party friendly.

I’ve enjoyed sitting myself and watching and relaxing to it, but I’m glad I didn’t have a Glasto viewing party last night. I think some casual friends would be getting a bit bored.

That’s why I am watching again on my own! Actually loving Damon’s set. Party time starts a bit later with Kano and DJ Honey Dijon. 😀

Just now, sedra said:

That’s why I am watching again on my own! Actually loving Damon’s set. Party time starts a bit later with Kano and DJ Honey Dijon. 😀

Exciting!

I’ve loved it but if I tried to steer my group away from Eurovision for this it would have flopped hard

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

First official posting of a vid from yesterday.  I mean they had to right. So eventually there is going to be someone who has the whole thing for download and link it, yes?

The whole programme is so good it would be a wasted opportunity not to make it available in some kind of Deluxe format afterwards via a more conventional route (Netflix, DVD or something), and make back some of the refunds, surely? 

26 minutes ago, Mackem said:

The whole programme is so good it would be a wasted opportunity not to make it available in some kind of Deluxe format afterwards via a more conventional route (Netflix, DVD or something), and make back some of the refunds, surely? 

Yeah. Itll be interesting to see if they do it or not. 4k would be nice and im sure it mightve been an option if this had been on youtube. Maybe if they roll out some merch next month its included.

Edited by Suprefan