Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Honestly with Drakeford saying that Wales will likely have social distancing and mask wearing in place for the remainder of the year I didn't see much chance of festivals happening. As shite as he is I can't see him doing that in Wales if he expects England to open up fully, he'd be crucified.

I think we’ll see gigs in the U.K. and Wales this year. I just can’t see social distancing continuing until the end of the year with the vaccine roll out. Compliance will plummet and if we’re out of step with England who are back to normal, heads will roll. 

Just now, zero000 said:

I think we’ll see gigs in the U.K. and Wales this year. I just can’t see social distancing continuing until the end of the year with the vaccine roll out. Compliance will plummet and if we’re out of step with England who are back to normal, heads will roll. 

Israel looks like it's hitting herd immunity right around now. I just can't see it. Perhaps he meant some very small level of SD, like limits in shops or something. I don't know - I'm trying to help him out here.

Nah, don't see it.

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Honestly with Drakeford saying that Wales will likely have social distancing and mask wearing in place for the remainder of the year I didn't see much chance of festivals happening. As shite as he is I can't see him doing that in Wales if he expects England to open up fully, he'd be crucified.

Mark Drakeford is a clinical moron who is at high risk of losing his seat to Plaid Cymru in a few weeks.

You should ignore his ramblings. 

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Drakeford is going to be in for a shock in May, he’s predicted to lose his seat for a start, and I wouldn’t be one bit surprised. Have a feeling Welsh Labour are going to have an awful showing in these elections.

1 hour ago, TheSheriff said:

Drakeford is going to be in for a shock in May, he’s predicted to lose his seat for a start, and I wouldn’t be one bit surprised. Have a feeling Welsh Labour are going to have an awful showing in these elections.

I agree, I just hope it's not the Tories that the votes shift to.

Just got a Shindig Pontins Weekender ticket, which takes me to two festivals now. Might get a Foals APE day ticket and that already feels like a reasonable festival summer (plus there'll be other bits and bobs like Notting Hill on in and around London).

9 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Trnsmt also moving to September apparently 

The three days after the Biffy gig. Obviously using the same infrastructure. So it’s Biffy, though not part of Trnsmt, the next day the Courteeners, next day Liam Gallagher and the next the Chemical Brothers. Plus all the other bands.  Lewis Capaldi has pulled out. 

53 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

With Kendall calling going ahead, what's everyone's thoughts on Bluedot going ahead being it's the week before?

it's been a weird couple of days on the announcement front. On one hand a huge swathe of announcements, including kendal end of July. 

But also postponements from early to mid July. Trnsmt and all the Manchester Castlefield bowl gigs. 

I wonder if some information has been given? I can't decide if optimistically it's that things can happen from maybe late July onwards (with a slight delay from what we expected) or that pessimisticallly they're getting 2022 lineups out there to get as many ticket sales as possible before it becomes clear they can't happen at all til September time when most have had two vaccines

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 3/25/2021 at 9:25 AM, FakeEmpire said:

Given that we may be looking at restrictions in winter, the industry really need to be pushing hard to try and make the most of the summer.

May be looking at restrictions in the winter??  Who has said this? What sort of restrictions?  And why?  Given that all adults would have been vaccinated twice by the winter and Covid hospital numbers and daily deaths will be absolutely miniscule by then, what an earth is the point in any of these ridiculous over the top restrictions being brought back in again?  21st June is when we really should be saying good riddance once and for all to these restrictions!

24 minutes ago, music fan said:

May be looking at restrictions in the winter??  Who has said this? What sort of restrictions?  And why?  Given that all adults would have been vaccinated twice by the winter and Covid hospital numbers and daily deaths will be absolutely miniscule by then, what an earth is the point in any of these ridiculous over the top restrictions being brought back in again?  21st June is when we really should be saying good riddance once and for all to these restrictions!

It's been mentioned many times over the last few weeks including in government briefings - just enjoy the summer is my outlook (if we even get the freedom promised). I wouldn't be expecting gigs over winter - the most non-restrictive way to "keep people safe" over winter is to ban mass gatherings, as that won't affect the vast majority of the country 

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's been mentioned many times over the last few weeks including in government briefings - just enjoy the summer is my outlook (if we even get the freedom promised). I wouldn't be expecting gigs over winter - the most non-restrictive way to "keep people safe" over winter is to ban mass gatherings, as that won't affect the vast majority of the country 

Well yes I do remember seeing the likes of Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance saying restrictions may be needed in the winter in some of those government briefings.  But they're only medical and scientific advisors, and the government doesn't have to do what they say.  And besides with the vaccination programme, and what the Covid stats would be like by then, then why an earth would restrictions be needed anyway?  And it had better not be restrictions like this social distancing and face mask wearing nonsense again and the huge damage this has done to thousands of businesses and people's mental health.  We really don't need all that all over again!