Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I think that’s it exactly. Whilst by July a huge proportion of the UK population will be vaccinated, the pandemic will still be in full flow elsewhere, and international travel into the UK will likely still be limited. I expect the vast majority of UK festival acts this year will be UK/EU based.

Agreed, I think UK festivals will happen in through the whole summer with very few issues thanks to mass testing and the successful vaccine rollout. I am however definitely surprised BST cancelled as day events are probably safer than the weekend festivals, there are plenty of British acts capable of headlining it so they could have used them to make up the international acts on the lineup, I would happily take majority British lineups in order for festivals to go ahead

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I swear I thought they were both Friday. 

Anyway, over here in America if you want to come over a week after the madness bank holiday weekend.

33E7D271-3FD0-4BE4-A17C-1A6898819FAA.jpeg

Ooft that’s ace. Orders of magnitude better than what we’re seeing on the UK bills.

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

Ooft that’s ace. Orders of magnitude better than what we’re seeing on the UK bills.

Lots of people feel its a downgrade to what they originally had. They shuffled some billing around. Tyler wasnt even there in the first place and Tame was in that spot previously.

All dropped acts:
Ezra Collective, Kursa, The Regrettes, Tool, Miley Cyrus, Bassnectar, The 1975, Wallows, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Still Woozy, Tones & I, Yola, Phutureprimitive, Altin Gun, Pls&Ty, Dynohunter, Flume, Oysterhead, Tenacious D, Dermot Kennedy, Denzel Curry, Mandolin Orange, The Growlers, Billy Strings, Mt. Joy, Moody Good, EOB, Slowthai, Nilufer Yanya, Jupiter & Okwess, Vampire Weekend, Rezz, Morgan Wallen, Saint JHN, Femi Kuti & Positive Force, Bonnie x Clyde

All gained acts:
Nubya Garcia, Foo Fighters, Janelle Monae, Deftones, Jack Harlow, The Disco Biscuits, Kim Petras, Omar Apollo, Waxahatchee, The Weather Station, LP Giobbi, Rome in Silver, Jac Ross, Tripp St., Notlo, My Morning Jacket, G-Eazy, Phoebe Bridgers, Incubus, Goose, Jon Baptiste, Tate McRae, Ashnikko, Remi Wolf, Christone Kingfish Ingram, Level Up, Almost Monday, Tyler the Creator, Deadmau5, Julien Baker, Flo Milli, Jamila Woods, Breland, Niko Moon

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I swear I thought they were both Friday. 

Anyway, over here in America if you want to come over a week after the madness bank holiday weekend.

33E7D271-3FD0-4BE4-A17C-1A6898819FAA.jpeg

Wow that lineup is right up my street Jason Isbell, Marcus King, Phoebe Bridgers, Leon Bridges and Brittany Howard to name a few, I’d love another trip to Tennessee and also make room for time in Nashville again. Can’t see it being possible this year but next year is definitely on the cards

6 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Anything in July is cutting it fine IMO. 

There's going to be a few more falling before long too.

Can’t you at least try and have some positive thoughts? Nothing is a done deal yet. The situation from Jan to now is massively different... same again and we are go! 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, stuie said:

Can’t you at least try and have some positive thoughts? Nothing is a done deal yet. The situation from Jan to now is massively different... same again and we are go! 

😄 I have positive thoughts, August 'should' be fine, but even some August/September events will cancel in the next month or so as we hurtle towards decision time for a lot of events. 

Working in the event industry I would like nothing better than it to be as all shiny and positive news, sadly it's too early to do that and the lack of insurance and guidance for mass gatherings from the government makes it too risky for some.

Edited by Paul ™

10 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

😄 I have positive thoughts, August 'should' be fine, but even some August/September events will cancel in the next month or so as we hurtle towards decision time for a lot of events. 

Working in the event industry I would like nothing better than it to be as all shiny and positive news, sadly it's too early to do that and the lack of insurance and guidance for mass gatherings from the government makes it too risky for some.

What’s your hunch on Reading/Leeds?

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

What’s your hunch on Reading/Leeds?

They really should be ok, as can already plan, commit to contracts, pay deposits etc without flinching too much due to being ran and backed by LN/FR. So even if need to cancel, it's not critical for them.

It's going to be more telling for smaller, independent events without that backing.

Though I do think they could have conditions imposed such as Covid Status verification (-Test/Vaccine) if the government goes down that route for mass gatherings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Lets see if Latitude makes it or not. If they do then itll be alright.

As I'm going I'm really hoping it does and I do remain quietly confident! As its ran by Melvin Benn and Festival Republic I'm more than sure they'll have some contingency plans up their sleeve if it can't happen in July, but as its a month after the 21st it does give it some leeway 

Edited by Chapple12345

44 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

What's your instinct on Green Man (19 August) and EOTR (2 September) Paul?

Both small and a bit vulnerable (though perhaps conversely more likely to be allowed as small) 

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Both small and a bit vulnerable (though perhaps conversely more likely to be allowed as small) 

Have Wales government indicated anything about events this summer? Green Man will potentially be in a different position due to its location.

39 minutes ago, xxialac said:

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Have Wales government indicated anything about events this summer? Green Man will potentially be in a different position due to its location.

Yeah as ZMG has said, GM being in Wales could be completely different to England situation. No idea what their roadmap is for mass gatherings.

EOTR should be ok, on early September but I've no idea of the set up or backing they have? 

34 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Yeah as ZMG has said, GM being in Wales could be completely different to England situation. No idea what their roadmap is for mass gatherings.

EOTR should be ok, on early September but I've no idea of the set up or backing they have? 

Fantastic, thanks.

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Apologies if I’ve got mixed up - I thought it was you that was posting here before saying that any festivals/events this summer are unlikely? 

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

They really should be ok, as can already plan, commit to contracts, pay deposits etc without flinching too much due to being ran and backed by LN/FR. So even if need to cancel, it's not critical for them.

It's going to be more telling for smaller, independent events without that backing.

Though I do think they could have conditions imposed such as Covid Status verification (-Test/Vaccine) if the government goes down that route for mass gatherings.

Any idea on Beautiful Days? 

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

Apologies if I’ve got mixed up - I thought it was you that was posting here before saying that any festivals/events this summer are unlikely? 

Nope not me sorry. Been saying for months late summer should be ok (hope so as it's my livelihood).

• Like 1

Lak from Boomtown saying today whilst the Cultural grant is very welcome, unless the UK Government back the cancellation insurance that the industry is calling out for, they won't be able to go ahead, even if restrictions are eased in June.