news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah...bit shit that...are all BBC radio stations now playing the same thing?

Yep. I flicked to 6 at about 1 minute past the point it broke (I happened to have BBC24 on) and it kicked straight in and is still going. Even 1Extra has got it.

Nah be reasonable folks. Sure he was a racist old git, but can any of us  truly look in the mirror and say we're any better? I think its times like these that we need to come together and show our sympathy for the poor Royal Family, for all the suffering they have gone through this year.

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Nah be reasonable folks. Sure he was a racist old git, but can any of us  truly look in the mirror and say we're any better? I think its times like these that we need to come together and show our sympathy for the poor Royal Family, for all the suffering they have gone through this year.

Must be tough in those castles and palaces ... how on earth did queenie social distance from Phil ? So hard for them 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Also replied to the person who told me I could just switch over quite angrily. There is no way this should be deemed important enough to derail all programming. To be perfectly honest unless it's something where we are all in imminent danger like a war being declared I really don't think any news is big enough to assume everyone should be interested in it. 

Absolutely. I've been for a walk, made lunch and am shocked to hear it's still on! Is that it for the rest of the day then?!

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Absolutely. I've been for a walk, made lunch and am shocked to hear it's still on! Is that it for the rest of the day then?!

I'm listening to some new albums from the last few weeks but yes it's ridiculous especially for something that really isn't that shocking. I was unimpressed when Diana died but at least that was taken before her time situation. He's been knocking on death's door for a good decade at least. Obviously no less sad for actual family but hardly shocking news. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm listening to some new albums from the last few weeks but yes it's ridiculous especially for something that really isn't that shocking. I was unimpressed when Diana died but at least that was taken before her time situation. He's been knocking on death's door for a good decade at least. Obviously no less sad for actual family but hardly shocking news. 

Yeah it's sad for the family, but so many families have experienced loss this year (and every year actually) that it actually feels pretty crass. I'm a fervent anti-royalist anyway but even if I wasn't does it really need to take over every BBC channel? Going to give up on it for the day I think!

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's sad for the family, but so many families have experienced loss this year (and every year actually) that it actually feels pretty crass. I'm a fervent anti-royalist anyway but even if I wasn't does it really need to take over every BBC channel? Going to give up on it for the day I think!

Yes I'd find a good boxset to binge for the weekend at least. I do think it is especially crass considering what everyone has endured this year and not having a choice to avoid it is particularly cruel during lockdown. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I'd find a good boxset to binge for the weekend at least. I do think it is especially crass considering what everyone has endured this year and not having a choice to avoid it is particularly cruel during lockdown. 

Thankfully I never watch live TV anyway, it's just the radio I miss! It's my lifesaver while working from home.