news & politics:discussion

zahidf

16 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Ha ha. It's only a 15 minute video. Wait until you have to live through it for ten days!

Tbh I think this video is a bit optimistic to what will actually happen. - This video talks about how the whole world is mourning their queen, when in reality the gammons of England and the weird royal fetishists of the USA will be the only one legitimately sad. That is a large amount of people, but if it were to happen soon, I don't know if England will necessarily come to a crushing halt because of mourning. I don't the world will be that enthralled with Charles as the new king of england, doubt he'd attract as much tourism and hopefully at some point we abolish the royal family

5 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Tbh I think this video is a bit optimistic to what will actually happen. - This video talks about how the whole world is mourning their queen, when in reality the gammons of England and the weird royal fetishists of the USA will be the only one legitimately sad. That is a large amount of people, but if it were to happen soon, I don't know if England will necessarily come to a crushing halt because of mourning. I don't the world will be that enthralled with Charles as the new king of england, doubt he'd attract as much tourism and hopefully at some point we abolish the royal family

I think it will be a big deal....and will be maybe a bit chaotic as no one likes Charles.

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Dear lord...  TV is at its absolute worse today 🙂   Royal Propaganda bullshit 🙂  Every rent a ghost talking head is at it 🙂

What is funny is I was watching BBC News as the it broke.  I am 99% sure that the women presenting changed out of her top for a black one before breaking the news.  They must keep a black top backup for such an occasion.

They do, Peter Sissons got himself into some hot water in 2002 when he didn’t change his purple tie after the news that the Queen Mother had died

2 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

They do, Peter Sissons got himself into some hot water in 2002 when he didn’t change his purple tie after the news that the Queen Mother had died

it's pretty fucking weird...people take the piss out of N Korea....but the way we're expected to worship these people....

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

"And breaking news... Oh hang on, it's something major, I've just got to get changed"

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Are they going to be doing this mourning shit until his funeral? Surely not. I mean, it's sad when anyone dies...but surely most people don't give a flying shit about prince phillip. I'm sure a lot of young people don't even know who he is...

BBC news asked an 8 year old about it and she was very upset according to a reporter ..... they didnt show the clip of the interview though ... so I think they just made it up 

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Enforced mourning.

Driven me to drink, every radio station sounding like smooth fm  doesn't help. Can't believe that the media have got the feel of the nation so wrong, it's 2021 not the 1970s, we're in the middle of a global crisis ffs. 

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's completely bonkers. I've been fuming all day! I'm really shocked that we get this for him. Will have to book a last minute holiday when the queen kicks it as I can't cope with this on steroids.

Wouldn’t be surprised if everywhere is closed even traveling anywhere could be difficult. Invest in a PlayStation instead and ignore the outside world for a while

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if everywhere is closed even traveling anywhere could be difficult. Invest in a PlayStation instead and ignore the outside world for a while

sod that ... ill do it for public health quite happily .... but not for queenie popping her clogs 

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's completely bonkers. I've been fuming all day! I'm really shocked that we get this for him. Will have to book a last minute holiday when the queen kicks it as I can't cope with this on steroids.

At least when Brenda ksroks it brian Willbe happy as far as he's concerned the wrong parent died.

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

38 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

So putting out a worst case scenario. The Queen dies in the 3rd week of June...seriously what happens?