Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

14 hours ago, jonday81 said:

Ah that’s a shame. Still not managed to catch him live and I’m a big fan.

Same.  Heard he can be hit and miss though.  If I'm honest, I still prefer the Ben Folds Five stuff to most of his solo outings too.  Does he play much of that in his sets?

19 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Same.  Heard he can be hit and miss though.  If I'm honest, I still prefer the Ben Folds Five stuff to most of his solo outings too.  Does he play much of that in his sets?

I'd give him with the Chicago orchestra a go though 🙂  I think he could be quite popular, though I could see a danger of him being given an overcrowded Avalon or CN (e.g. Travis a few years ago) slot.

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I just want one of the following acts, all known to be active this coming summer, to headline a stage on the Friday night:

• Prodigy
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • The National
  • Pavement

Any of those an an alternative to Arctic Monkeys would do me just fine.

I don’t even have a ticket yet but I’m desperate for The Prodigy to headline the other stage against AM on the friday 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why would it be worse than Macca, the Stones, Dolly, Kylie, etc?

Elton will likely be by far the busiest of the three headliners, plus there are locals on the Sunday. I'm not saying it will be busier than the ones you mentioned necessarily, but with the extra care about overcrowding big clashes just make a lot of sense.

Also, better be prepared to have the Prodigy, Fred again, nas and pavement all against Elton and then be pleasantly surprised.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I just want one of the following acts, all known to be active this coming summer, to headline a stage on the Friday night:

• Prodigy
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • The National
  • Pavement

Any of those an an alternative to Arctic Monkeys would do me just fine.

QOTSA (Pyramid) -> Prodigy (Other) on the Friday would be a dream.

Lizzo (Pyramid) -> Yeah Yeah Yeahs (JPT)

Pulp (Pyramid) -> Elton John (Pyramid)

That'd be pretty swell too. Ticket money recouped in just those 6 sets, anything else a bonus. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

Elton will likely be by far the busiest of the three headliners, plus there are locals on the Sunday. I'm not saying it will be busier than the ones you mentioned necessarily, but with the extra care about overcrowding big clashes just make a lot of sense.

It'll be busy - but that's different to overcrowding. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It'll be busy - but that's different to overcrowding. 

Certainly. I worded the whole thing awkwardly. Big clashes make sense on the Sunday is what I'm trying to say, I expect it to be this way as the organizers will try to divert people from the pyramid and I believe we better prepare for that.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

QOTSA (Pyramid) -> Prodigy (Other) on the Friday would be a dream.

Lizzo (Pyramid) -> Yeah Yeah Yeahs (JPT)

Pulp (Pyramid) -> Elton John (Pyramid)

That'd be pretty swell too. Ticket money recouped in just those 6 sets, anything else a bonus. 

I'm leaning towards GnR and Reg so looking for a firm Friday night option with nothing I want to see clashing with them.