LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

On Monday 27 June you'll be back on here saying that you had the time of your life and actually, the headliners didn't make the slightest bit of difference. Guaranteed. Everybody does.

Took me until my 3rd Glastonbury to see a Pyramid headliner. Well it was Radiohead so I didn't really see them, given the fact arsing about with the screens...

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

I can't be the only one who prefers seeing headliners on stages other than the Pyramid. 

When it's someone I absolutely love - The Cure, Radiohead - it can't be beat. But the idea of not seeing someone headline on The Park or West Holts is a nightmare, always the best crowds. 

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

On Monday 27 June you'll be back on here saying that you had the time of your life and actually, the headliners didn't make the slightest bit of difference. Guaranteed. Everybody does.

It's nice to have one you want to see though. There really is something special about seeing an act you love on the Pyramid, the years I've been when I've not been interested in any of the headliners have felt a bit like something is missing.

Yes, you'll be having a great time at another stage, it will be special but it won't be losing your shit at the Pyramid special.

When was the last time Glasto booked three current headliners (no heritage act). Kings of Leon, Jay-Z, The Verve? How long had the Verve been going when they headlined?

1997? Radiohead, The Prodigy, Ash? Weren’t they all relatively new at the time?

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Tuna said:

When it's someone I absolutely love - The Cure, Radiohead - it can't be beat. But the idea of not seeing someone headline on The Park or West Holts is a nightmare, always the best crowds. 

Aye agreed. Radiohead was class. 

I just hate inevitably having to sit through whatever shite is subbing just to get a good spot in the crowd. 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

It's nice to have one you want to see though. There really is something special about seeing an act you love on the Pyramid, the years I've been when I've not been interested in any of the headliners have felt a bit like something is missing.

Yes, you'll be having a great time at another stage, it will be special but it won't be losing your shit at the Pyramid special.

Ah, that's only because you can't be arsed to pack up your blanket and picnic basket full of Pimms

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

Emily's courting of Guns N Roses in the press makes a lot more sense now.

Billie/Kendrick/GnR

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

I mean, it's possible isn't it? France on the Saturday, Dublin on the Tuesday. Not doing anything on the Friday night so it wouldn't be 3 days in a row. Emily mentioned them in the Classic Rock Magazine Metallica special....

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

When was the last time Glasto booked three current headliners (no heritage act). Kings of Leon, Jay-Z, The Verve? How long had the Verve been going when they headlined?

Prodigy had been around since 90, Jilted came out in 94, they headlined on the release of their third album, Fat of the Land. I'd say they were well-established by that point

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Aye agreed. Radiohead was class. 

I just hate inevitably having to sit through whatever shite is subbing just to get a good spot in the crowd. 

We sat through The XX happily enough and still couldn't get a good spot!

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

I mean, it's possible isn't it? France on the Saturday, Dublin on the Tuesday. Not doing anything on the Friday night so it wouldn't be 3 days in a row. Emily mentioned them in the Classic Rock Magazine Metallica special....

Think they are at a festival on that Friday so it is 3 days.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It was a reunion tour after a 10 year hiatus. Borderline heritage if you ask me.