LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

So fucking gutting this, genuinely destined to never see McCartney. Something ALWAYS gets in the way

I have to say, the recent Get Back documentary really ramped up my excitement to see him. It's a shame it no longer appears to be happening, particularly galling as I missed out in 2004 due to illness

17 minutes ago, mufcok said:

So fucking gutting this, genuinely destined to never see McCartney. Something ALWAYS gets in the way

Yeah Macca was the one act from 2020 that I really wanted back. Him and Springsteen are two legendary acts I was really hoping to see this year so it’s a bit gutting if they’ve pulled out of Glastonbury and their tours respectively. 

When was the last time we had no idea who two of the headliners were at this time, 2015 maybe? Kanye was announced in March and was rumoured a bit before then but I don’t think he was ever TBC level, obviously we had no idea about The Who for a while yet too.

If it's Billie & Harry then I would be surprised to see Kendrick as the 3rd headliner. That would be a very controversial 3. The guy who mentioned Macca is out, subtly dropped in the name Stevie Nicks. Could this finally be the year Glasto get Fleetwood Mac? That would cheer a lot of people up who were disappointed about losing Macca.

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

One thing to note though: If Harry headlines Saturday, what of Dua headlining the Other?

As far as we know, Saturday is Dua's only plausible day. Unless Harry does Sunday (and there may be info putting that out of reach), something's amiss there. I can't see the fest running them in direct competition. There's a risk of the headliner being upstaged, not to mention the direct overlap of radio-friendly, Gen Z-ready groovy pop music.

Big if, but I could see Dua pushing up Pyramid sub or a dynamic joint-headline arrangement. Unprecedented but would be a big Saturday night party.

Is it worthwhile to suggest that if Macca goes Noel goes? Unless they have him sub someone like GNR.

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

One thing to note though: If Harry headlines Saturday, what of Dua headlining the Other?

As far as we know, Saturday is Dua's only plausible day. Unless Harry does Sunday (and there may be info putting that out of reach), something's amiss there. I can't see the fest running them in direct competition. There's a risk of the headliner being upstaged, not to mention the direct overlap of radio-friendly, Gen Z-ready groovy pop music.

Big if, but I could see Dua pushing up Pyramid sub or a dynamic joint-headline arrangement. Unprecedented but would be a big Saturday night party.

Harry has a tour date on the Sunday, people were suggesting Friday for him before but Billie is obviously on the Friday. So yeah I guess Harry Saturday?