LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

How soon after the announcement will the clash finder be ready? 

Honestly can’t remember how long it takes, a day or two maybe? 

Someone with a better memory feel free to correct me…. 

Are we 100% sure it's tomorrow? even though Emily is quoted as saying June!?

It feels like we've waited for ever for this line-up, I cant wait! but also a bit worried about being heartbroken by dreadful clashes.

Foals, Primal Scream, & Paul Heaton is already a disaster, potentially Supergrass, Fender, and Bobobo is also horrible.

Edited by Franco Baresi

1 minute ago, Franco Baresi said:

It feels like we've waited for ever for this line, I cant wait! but also a bit worried about being heartbroken by dreadful clashes.

Foals, Primal Scream, & Paul Heaton is already a disaster, potentially Supergrass, Fender, and Bobobo is also horrible.

Oh be prepared for many clashtastrophes! 

3 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

She didn’t specify a set date. 

She said the line up will be out in June. Tomorrow is practically in June anyway so she’s correct.

The line up will be out in June

If she had said it’s coming out in May which technically would be correct if it comes out tomorrow we’d be absolutely screaming by now wondering where it is. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

She didn’t specify a set date. 

She said the line up will be out in June. Tomorrow is practically in June anyway so she’s correct.

The line up will be out in June

If she had said it’s coming out in May which technically would be correct if it comes out tomorrow we’d be absolutely screaming by now wondering where it is. 

Haha! I'm going with this then Squirrel!

Bring it on!

The line up would be "out in June" regardless of when it first appears. It could be released in April and it would still be out in June (and May for that matter). She didn't say 'released in June', which is different. Tomorrow it is!

*fingers in ears*

38 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

It feels like we've waited for ever for this line-up, I cant wait! but also a bit worried about being heartbroken by dreadful clashes.

We were supposed to get the first poster a week earlier than when it did come out, but somebody decided to start a war. It's tomorrow. Theyve gone through the entire area announcement process and the full poster has followed quickly behind it. Just a matter of the hour. Technically it was even supposed to be out last week before the Doja Cat cancellation seemingly derailed that whole thing.

Im going with 8 so they get all the news cycles they can. Doing it in the evening isnt the best thing for them.

Edited by Suprefan

This is Tuesday morning:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0017krd

Gemma Cairney sits in with the latest on the BBC at Glastonbury

Gemma sits in for Lauren with the latest news about the BBC at Glastonbury 2022, has a very special Cloudbusting playlist, and gets your synapses firing in The Maths Of Life with Professor Hannah Fry.

Plus we shine the spotlight on something truly special in 6 Music Salutes.

Release date:31 May 2022

1 hour ago, Franco Baresi said:

Yeah, I reckon they were probably scheduling by weeks and had the 1st week of June pencilled in. Just happens that the first week includes the last two days of May. 

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This is Tuesday morning:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0017krd

Gemma Cairney sits in with the latest on the BBC at Glastonbury

Gemma sits in for Lauren with the latest news about the BBC at Glastonbury 2022, has a very special Cloudbusting playlist, and gets your synapses firing in The Maths Of Life with Professor Hannah Fry.

Plus we shine the spotlight on something truly special in 6 Music Salutes.

Release date:31 May 2022

Looking pretty good for Monday I’d say - they will need a day (like us) just to digest everything and place everyone!

Already know I'm getting no work done tomorrow! I'm going for early bells if Glasto news is on the schedule for the 6music breakfast show... 8am maybe? Only time will tell. Happy clashfinding everyone, keeping my fingers crossed it's kind to us.