LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

Why would a band have to wait for a day after the official announcement??

Cause they can tell them thats how it goes. Just cause the post said stage announced tuesday doesnt mean its not out before that. And do we even know what stage that band is even playing? They gonna be on John Peel or the fish fry tent.

Just now, Suprefan said:

Itll be thursday cause thats when Trooping the Colour is. Has to coincide with the Jubilee.

Her Maj has requested it at the start of the “Platty Jubes” (TM @gigpusher) so she can spend the weekend figuring out how quickly she needs to get from the Temple to Earache Express on Saturday night. 

8 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

Why would a band have to wait for a day after the official announcement??

They wouldn’t. I’ve already explained that.

If they were told they can announce on Monday instead then they could do so no, pre empting the official announcement. So it’s easier for them to say you’re free to announce the day after.

Unless they’ve been told, say, 8pm on Tuesday you can announce.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

They wouldn’t. I’ve already explained that.

If they were told they can announce on Monday instead then they could do so no, pre empting the official announcement. So it’s easier for them to say you’re free to announce the day after.

Unless they’ve been told, say, 8pm on Tuesday you can announce.

Tbh bands have brand announcing themselves whenever. Does Glastonbury really care?

35 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Emily isn’t on the radio tomorrow 

Yeah you’re right - sorry - that one is a miscom from my wife…or I misheard.

Gemma’s doing a ‘latest on the BBC at Glastonbury’ bit on 6music this Tuesday (covering Lauren’s slot). Might not be lineup related - or just coincidental timing.

5C697DD7-F9FB-4954-806E-6ABB338FB99F.jpeg

Edited by dogeggs

2 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

Yeah you’re right - sorry - that one is a miscom from my wife…or I misheard.

Gemma’s doing a ‘latest news from Glastonbury’ bit on 6music this Tuesday (covering Lauren’s slot). That in itself sounds like the Beeb know something.

You never know, Emily may still drop in?

5C697DD7-F9FB-4954-806E-6ABB338FB99F.jpeg

To me that just sounds like the BBC's television plans. Of course it could coincide with the lineup drop but not 100% linked IMO.

1 minute ago, Bennykill said:

Gemma Cairney just said on Radio 6 that will be reveling 'more' plans on the Breakfast Show tomorrow

Well fuck Gemma Cairney then… 

Could still come today - she’s teasing it for a Radio 1 audience. They’re not all nerds glued to their screens waiting for an announcement like us. It could easily come out today but then R1 “announce” the news tomorrow and it’ll be the first many listeners have heard of it. Plus they probably will have some extra details to reveal exclusively. 

3 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

Gemma Cairney just said on Radio 6 that will be reveling 'more' plans on the Breakfast Show tomorrow

Did it say specifically say the festivals plans or the bbc's plans. I would say its Bbc talking about their stuff and maybe get a couple of fest things. No way theyre gonna be beholden to the beeb on a full reveal. Never a good mix to tie yourself to that.

Edited by Suprefan