LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Some time on the pyramid. Can’t say really it’s a tough one.

Perhaps Wolf Alice aren’t on pyramid and are on other stage like we originally thought. Subbing Foals? A top three of Doja, Harry, Billie on the pyramid?

I don't think you'd even have to move Wolf Alice really - you could fit it in like the below, as an example: 

image.thumb.png.4385f93ea0dcb544576bccde6e6f5d8b.png

(swap Wolf Alice and Doja Cat if you want, idc) 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I don't think you'd even have to move Wolf Alice really - you could fit it in like the below, as an example: 

image.thumb.png.4385f93ea0dcb544576bccde6e6f5d8b.png

(swap Wolf Alice and Doja Cat if you want, idc) 

Olivia 5th down doesn’t quite sit right but maybe. 

Wolf Alice are absolutely not subbing above both Harry and Doja. I think kindly the fan goggles may need to be taken off.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Olivia 5th down doesn’t quite sit right but maybe. 

Wolf Alice are absolutely not subbing above both Harry and Doja. I think kindly the fan goggles may need to be taken off.

Yeah... take off those Harry Styles goggles.

52 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Wolf Alice into Foals would be huge, I'd be sad to miss them though. 

Would love that. Definitely a possibility, especially if you have a Doja Cat or Harry Styles into Billie Eilish situation on the Pyramid, for people like me two "indie" bands on the Other would work. That said, I'd have half an eye on the Park for after Wolf Alice. 

Wolf Alice at sunset would be a much better atmosphere than them on the Pyramid earlier. I found they got a bit lost on the Leeds main stage last year in the daytime, but when I've seen them at night they've been great

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

If it's a surprise set it doesn't matter who's above them.

Surely though, in every aspect, Wolf Alice are a bigger act to Glastonbury festival goers than Doja Cat?

I would challenge that. Glastonbury goers want to see the biggest acts in the world. Doja is one of the biggest acts in the world.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Three months of Matt pulling more of this shit.

Yippee...

Is it unfounded? 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah... take off those Harry Styles goggles.

It’s hardly like I’ve plucked this from nowhere?

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The end of the second clip she says “imagine if he was a big surprise”. It’s quite fair to read that into it

If he is playing then, the fact it’s not currently announced makes it a secret, no? 

Doesn’t mean it’s going to be billed as a secret set. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Depends how much stock you place into some fairly ambiguous comments to be honest...

You've said you think he's playing and that's cool. Just don't railroad every discussion for the next few weeks with this, ok?

I’m going to drop it for this reason.

This feels a bit pointed. If it was a different act that was more universally accepted on this forum, I think you’d probably be fine if people were on here going on about it a lot. Harry is a divisive booking, which I can see, but I find it strange you essentially want to stop all talk about a rumour you’re not interested in?

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Imagine a TBC sitting on the full line up for nearly a month, teasing you with potential, only for it to be Harry Styles.

Sounds amazing to me. I get to see one of the biggest acts in the world in a non-headlining position and not at one of their own shows.

Sounds like the reason why I love Glastonbury, getting something a bit special.

Just now, Matt42 said:

This feels a bit pointed. If it was a different act that was more universally accepted on this forum, I think you’d probably be fine if people were on here going on about it a lot. Harry is a divisive booking, which I can see, but I find it strange you essentially want to stop all talk about a rumour you’re not interested in?

Less pointed, more of a massive fucking arrow, the kind with lightbulbs around them...

Nobody is trying to shut anything down, in fact the opposite. Speculate all you want but let's not act like it's a done deal. I know how you get a bit carried away with this stuff and it sometimes rubs people up the wrong way.

Full disclosure: I don't care about Harry Styles, he'd just be one of a thousand other acts on the farm I wouldn't be worried about seeing.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Less pointed, more of a massive fucking arrow, the kind with lightbulbs around them...

Nobody is trying to shut anything down, in fact the opposite. Speculate all you want but let's not act like it's a done deal. I know how you get a bit carried away with this stuff and it sometimes rubs people up the wrong way.

Full disclosure: I don't care about Harry Styles, he'd just be one of a thousand other acts on the farm I wouldn't be worried about seeing.

I mean, it’s a bit unfair. This Zoe stuff happened this morning and I’m commenting on something recent. It doesn’t sound like I’m the problem.

1 minute ago, George1399 said:

What's come of the recent Doja Cat south american shenanigans? I stopped following it after she insinuated she'd had enough of being a performer.

It was a joke and she continued her tour as normal. Has played gigs since. Due to play Coachella in the next few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

One of Florence / 1975 / Harry Styles for a secret set. 

If Harry is on Pyramid, I could still see someone like The 1975 doing a secret set as well. I think it's likely that they'll do one actually.