Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Those Friday options would be a whole lot of ‘meh’ for me. I’ve seen Foals, Primal Scream, Manics and Specials, and they’re all acts I’d happily watch during the day and enjoy but not one of them excites me as a headline prospect. Which is why I’m so desperate for Little Simz to have that Friday slot.

If they were the choices I would just end up going along with whatever the majority view from my group was.

Edited by Hugh Jass

that would be a clash nightmare for me, and this would almost definitely be impossible... but in an ideal world my days would go like:

kae tempest < griff < wet leg < kacey musgraves < olivia rodrigo < mabel < pinkpantheress < aj tracey < billie eilish

r.a.e < priya ragu < holly humberstone < mimi webb < haim < glass animals < london grammar < fatboy slim or little simz

arlo parks < yard act < diana ross < anderson paak < lorde < sam fender < burna boy < years & years < aitch < phoebe bridgers < kendrick lamar

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

They were playing that slot in 2020. I agree that they don't really justify it now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them still there this year. 

At least this way she'll get to play before a better band too.

I thought Supergrass were rumoured to open the Other stage. 

Just now, kingcrawler said:

She’s there, Friday Park stage. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on any of the main stages other than the Pyramid though.

Sorry easy to miss on my phone.

Didn’t think she’d be on park… interesting shout though. I think they will want to give her a slot where she gets a big crowd.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think they will want to give her a slot where she gets a big crowd.

I could see them doing the opposite and putting her in Silver Hayes.

She's played very few live shows so far and they've topped out at about 20 minutes. I don't think putting her on a massive stage with a casual yet expectant crowd would be best.

Looks very realistic. That Friday night is a bit sparse for me. Also no 'Babes, cmon mate. Mistki on the other would be disappointing, I'd love something a bit more intimate, but you might well be right... and also please stop willing this Kenny/Phoebe clash into existence 😢

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

One last prediction before we (hopefully) get the poster. I've tried to include everyone from the 2020 poster who is active, as it seems like we'll be getting a good chunk of them. I'm not convinced about Wolf Alice subbing but equally there's good reason to rule out most other suggestions, so they've ended up there.

friday.thumb.PNG.1975b2bb9e7aa4b1829b006dfdb98e38.PNG

saturday.thumb.PNG.c7c1f2fd27bcf587ea47d477eafe75dd.PNG

sunday.thumb.PNG.c26d4cb54226798e6d80b1f10c3c3059.PNG

The Big Moon/Anna Calvi > Metronomy/Kacey Musgraves > Olivia Rodrigo > Clairo > Wolf Alice > Foals

Phoebe Green > The Murder Capital > Soccer Mommy > Mitski > Robert Plant & Alison Krauss > Haim > The ‘5 > Paul McCartney (leave for Simz if he’s crap)

Arlo Parks > Yard Act > Diana Ross > the rest of .Paak > the rest of Lorde > Jack Sprite > Qrondrink Lemur

Kendrick aside, this year is looking pretty rubbish for my tastes. That IDLES > .Paak double being on a different day would help a lot tbh.

Who do people think would win in a shootout for a sub slot out of Wolf Alice and Lorde? I had WA doing it on my last prediction but I’ve shunted them to Other sub now and got Jack White under Billie and Lorde under Kendrick.

Feel like Lorde would’ve been an obvious replacement for Lana before her album tanked.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

One last prediction before we (hopefully) get the poster. I've tried to include everyone from the 2020 poster who is active, as it seems like we'll be getting a good chunk of them. I'm not convinced about Wolf Alice subbing but equally there's good reason to rule out most other suggestions, so they've ended up there.

friday.thumb.PNG.1975b2bb9e7aa4b1829b006dfdb98e38.PNG

saturday.thumb.PNG.c7c1f2fd27bcf587ea47d477eafe75dd.PNG

sunday.thumb.PNG.c26d4cb54226798e6d80b1f10c3c3059.PNG

Mondays > Wet Leg > Dry Cleaning > Elbow > Supergrass > ???

Murder Capital > First Aid Kit (leave before finish) > Confidence Man > Noel > Macca (with apologies to Simbi)

Yard Act > Ross > Lorde/Fender > White > Kendrick

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Mondays > Wet Leg > Dry Cleaning > Elbow > Supergrass > ???

Murder Capital > First Aid Kit (leave before finish) > Confidence Man > Noel > Macca (with apologies to Simbi)

Yard Act > Ross > Lorde/Fender > White > Kendrick

Don’t think they have any music on the Monday.

12 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Who do people think would win in a shootout for a sub slot out of Wolf Alice and Lorde? I had WA doing it on my last prediction but I’ve shunted them to Other sub now and got Jack White under Billie and Lorde under Kendrick.

Feel like Lorde would’ve been an obvious replacement for Lana before her album tanked.

Wolf Alice. Lorde may have been lined up as a sub but I doubt it now.

1 minute ago, Euphoricape said:

Surely Nine Inch Nails must be likely seeing as they're playing at Eden just before. Would also love to see Idles headline John Peel 

Not gonna drop the NIN thing are you 😋 I really want them to be there but just don’t see a place for them in this years lineup and think it’s unfortunately just a coincidence that they’re playing shows around that time. 

57 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I think Shame will be there, maybe 3rd down park or something? They're supporting Foos on their tour and have conveniently missed a day over Glasto weekend. I think BCNR will be there, as they're being announced for some festivals. I'm hoping black midi will play a slot on the park over the weekend, think they're great and have got some dates round Glasto. Looks amazing though, will have to hope the weather's good so I can have a sit down between acts, otherwise I'd be on my feet all day dashing between stages.

Saw shame at WG in 2019 and they were awesome. Definitely deserve a bigger stage.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Not gonna drop the NIN thing are you 😋 I really want them to be there but just don’t see a place for them in this years lineup and think it’s unfortunately just a coincidence that they’re playing shows around that time. 

Very frustrating! Lol. I only live 5 minutes away from Eden, just can't justify spending £78 to see them a few days before glasto.

20 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Wolf Alice for sure 

47 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wolf Alice. Lorde may have been lined up as a sub but I doubt it now.

See I don’t get this logic. If she was booked as a sub then it would have been before her album, they also wouldn’t have called her after and said well it didn’t go well so we’ve dropped you down the lineup.

If you thought she could sub before the album, then that’s probably her position