Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

15 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Not saying it specifically has to be a pop act, but the sort of act that you wouldn't be expecting to pop up. I know it was leaked but nobody would have ever predicted Aerosmith rocking up in a non-headline slot. Hopefully there's a few surprises nobody has predicted, big and small.

Yeah there always will be a surprise. What I feel though is there is a very limited set of acts on tour this year - feel like a lot of festivals are sharing bookings and the same acts are popping up everywhere.

Glasto have done fantastic to secure three headliners not doing any other festivals, and potentially acts like Olivia Rodrigo et al who look to be doing glasto as their only festival show.

Of course there will still be surprises but I feel like we’ve been monitoring it pretty intensely this year.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah there always will be a surprise. What I feel though is there is a very limited set of acts on tour this year - feel like a lot of festivals are sharing bookings and the same acts are popping up everywhere.

Glasto have done fantastic to secure three headliners not doing any other festivals, and potentially acts like Olivia Rodrigo et al who look to be doing glasto as their only festival show.

Of course there will still be surprises but I feel like we’ve been monitoring it pretty intensely this year.

Definitely feels like the same names cropping up everywhere. The likes of Sigur Ros and Smashing Pumpkins are still only just announcing tours, granted they're in North America but both end just prior to Glastonbury and festival season. Wonder if we may get one of those sorts of names

14 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Definitely feels like the same names cropping up everywhere. The likes of Sigur Ros and Smashing Pumpkins are still only just announcing tours, granted they're in North America but both end just prior to Glastonbury and festival season. Wonder if we may get one of those sorts of names

If FKA is out then it’s a good slot for them in the JP. (Thanks @Somto Unigwe Raphael)

Edited by Matt42

The National into Kendrick would be one of the most head scratching doubles they've had wouldn't it? On a personal level I couldn't think of anything better. Can't think of many bands who have subbed twice within 3 festivals though, even if those 3 fests took 6 years to happen.

1 minute ago, 1986 said:

The National into Kendrick would be one of the most head scratching doubles they've had wouldn't it? On a personal level I couldn't think of anything better. Can't think of many bands who have subbed twice within 3 festivals though, even if those 3 fests took 6 years to happen.

It’d probably be decent at a festival like Primavera where you’d have the Pitchfork-y subset of Kendrick fans and the National fans that are more likely to be into hip-hop like Kendrick.

But at Glasto it’d be fucked. You’d have half the crowd of young people who’ve never heard of The National waiting for Kendrick, and then a bunch of 35 year olds streaming out of the crowd as soon as The National ends.

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Really wouldn't stun me if The National ended up headlining the Other. That'd be a nightmare clash as well - they'd smash that slot but up against the Pyramid headliners will be a tough sell for me.

It’s definitely a possibility as well, I think. I don’t buy Fatboy Slim coming back and I definitely don’t think Dua Lipa is going to be doing it. 

19 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

It’d probably be decent at a festival like Primavera where you’d have the Pitchfork-y subset of Kendrick fans and the National fans that are more likely to be into hip-hop like Kendrick.

But at Glasto it’d be fucked. You’d have half the crowd of young people who’ve never heard of The National waiting for Kendrick, and then a bunch of 35 year olds streaming out of the crowd as soon as The National ends.

As a 35 year old National fan I feel very seen. 

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

We know who is touring around the festival and who we expect to be there, but there's always a big name or three that come completely out of nowhere, like Janet Jackson, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus etc. Anyone wanna take a punt on who we might see land on this year's poster? We've done the argument to death but The Strokes would be a massive shock if they turned up on the poster billed as 'special guests'. Someone like Christina Aguilera perhaps? Not sure what her tour dates are like but she's active in Europe. Have Simply Red ever played before? 

I hate to continue the conversation on the Strokes but they have Lytham Festival as their North of England exclusive. Latitude is expected to get Florence and they probably wouldn't get both in the same year - where else is actually left for The Strokes to announce?