Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

30 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Can’t be arsed to fill the stages that aren’t complete and think some stages may be overly strong because I don’t know the rubbish unknown bands that fill out the bottom of them.

Friday:
Pyramid: Billie Eilish / Wolf Alice / Elbow / Robert Plant & Alison Kraus / Kacey Musgraves / Rufus Wainwright
Other: Foals / London Grammar / Supergrass / Blossoms / Metronomy / Declan McKenna / Inhaler / Happy Mondays
West Holts: Little Simz / Arlo Parks / Thundercat / Seun Kuti / Celeste
John Peel: Editors / Mitski / The Jesus and Mary Chain / Tones & I / The Big Moon / Wet Leg / Working Mens Club
Park: Caribou / The Avalanches / black midi / Cate Le Bon / Tinariwen / girl in red / The Orielles / Amyl and the Sniffers / Otoboke Beaver
Acoustic: Suzanne Vega

Saturday:
Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / HAIM / The Specials / Sigrid / Candi Staton / Imelda May
Other: Lorde / Glass Animals / AJ Tracey / IDLES / Fontaines D.C. / Sea Power / Anna Calvi / Skunk Anansie
West Holts: Michael Kiwanuka / Tom Misch / Ziggy Marley / Sons of Kemet / Brittany Howard / Richard Dawson
John Peel: Charli XCX / Aitch / BANKS / Clairo / Shame / Self Esteem / Soccer Mommy / Snapped Ankles
Park: Manic Street Preachers / First Aid Kit / Khruangbin / Sampa the Great / Confidence Man / Baxter Dury / Squid / Flamingods
Acoustic: The Waterboys

Sunday:
Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar / Jack White / Megan Thee Stallion / Diana Ross / Crowded House / Herbie Hancock / Black Dyke Band
Other: Pet Shop Boys / Years and Years / Sam Fender / Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals / Carly Rae Jepsen / Courtney Barnett / Lianne La Havas / The Lightning Seeds
West Holts: Bicep / TLC / Kelis / Greentea Peng / Black Uhuru / Nubya Garcia
John Peel: Primal Scream / Burna Boy / Rina Sawayama / Beabadoobee / Special Guests (The 1975) / Dry Cleaning / Yard Act / Jehnny Beth
Park: Phoebe Bridgers / Big Thief / Goldfrapp / Black Country, New Road / Goat Girl
Acoustic: Sinéad O’Connor

Edit: Moved London Grammar above Supergrass as I was sent private abuse for underbilling them.

I think thats pretty good and I'd have plenty to see, the only issues are I doubt Fontaines and Idles would be B2B. Would like to see Fontaines 2nd or 3rd down on the Park. I could see Self Esteem getting a prominent John Peel slot, closer to headline.

I also think there's more chance of Black Midi opening the Park stage than 3rd down. 

2 minutes ago, Divein said:

I think thats pretty good and I'd have plenty to see, the only issues are I doubt Fontaines and Idles would be B2B. Would like to see Fontaines 2nd or 3rd down on the Park. I could see Self Esteem getting a prominent John Peel slot, closer to headline.

I also think there's more chance of Black Midi opening the Park stage than 3rd down. 

I was gonna move Fontaines to another day for that reason but couldn’t be bothered in the end. They were down for the Park in 2020 but I feel like they’re too big to be like 3rd down on there now?

Would personally love to see Fontaines headline The Park; after seeing them live from pre-debut album to now. Third album in the bag by June, headlined Green Man, sold-out Ally Pally, it's their time to headline a Glasto stage. 

• Upvote 1

@Somto Unigwe Raphael I think O Rod will be doing something similar to what Miley did and doing big weekend and Glasto as her “festival” dates. She’s not doing Coachella because that would stop her from doing her own tour.

She’s completely free Glasto weekend and local a few days before.

I’d be shocked if Dua isn’t a direct rollover from 2020, she is playing somewhere on the Thursday and somewhere on the Sunday. Something is slotting in that gap otherwise they wouldn’t have given her that much space. Dua I would say is a lock. For younger artists consecutive dates in different countries is not the same as with other acts.

I’m also doubtful about the 2021 rumour. She may have been an option if virtually none of the headliners were planning tours, but I don’t think that applies in 2022 when the festival have more options. 

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d be shocked if Dua isn’t a direct rollover from 2020, she is playing somewhere on the Thursday and somewhere on the Sunday. Something is slotting in that gap otherwise they wouldn’t have given her that much space. Dua I would say is a lock.

I’m also doubtful about the 2021 rumour. She may have been an option if virtually none of the headliners were planning tours, but I don’t think that applies in 2022 when the festival have more options. 

Yeah, in Finland and then Norway. Coming to Glastonbury in between to do a slot that’s below what she could probably demand doesn’t exactly seem nailed on to me. And it’s quite common to have a 2 day gap in a tour, not sure why you’d think something has to be slotted in there.

And the 2021 rumour comes from someone who consistently gives us correct info. I’m more inclined to believe that than just what you believe will happen.

I’m not gonna be shocked if Dua Lipa ends up on the lineup. I just lean towards her not being there. It’s hardly a big deal.

4 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

And the 2021 rumour comes from someone who consistently gives us correct info. I’m more inclined to believe that than just what you believe will happen.

I’m not gonna be shocked if Dua Lipa ends up on the lineup. I just lean towards her not being there. It’s hardly a big deal.

Just commenting on your prediction, and I just wouldn’t count out any 2020 acts with gaps in their dates.

I still think we'll have something special to open the Pyramid on the Friday.

Fatboy Slim would be my shout.

I've got it in built in my mind that we'll see a packed pyramid field weeping as we all sing "we've come a long long way together through the hard times and the good..."

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I still think we'll have something special to open the Pyramid on the Friday.

Fatboy Slim would be my shout.

I've got it in built in my mind that we'll see a packed pyramid field weeping as we all sing "we've come a long long way together through the hard times and the good..."

Would be great to see him removed from other headline too - sure he'd be happy to do that then maybe another set on Pangea or whatever/later in the day on a dif stage

edit: would tick the pyramid off his playing every stage thing too as he clearly isn't going to be playing in the dark on it anytime soon, so may as well go early

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Well, I’ve said loads of times that I don’t think Dua Lipa will still be headlining Other. Her tour dates work a lot better with no Glasto in there and I think she’s too big to bother headlining Other now. I think she’ll just headline on her next album (maybe in 2023), particularly if she was lined up to headline the Pyramid in 2021 as @endswithMJ said.

Olivia Rodrigo - I’m not sure she’s doing any festivals anywhere? It’s been mentioned that she’s never toured before which may be a reason behind her doing smaller venues than expected on her tour. Not sure shoving her on the Pyramid Stage in those circumstances makes any sense. Could see her hitting them hard in 2023 including the big ones like Coachella and Glasto (where she’d probably be too 3 Pyramid or something).

Yeah I don’t think Lorde would get a big crowd, but I was struggling for a third Other headliner and Pyramid sub (think Wolf Alice would more likely be third Pyramid or Other sub).

Yeah I’m not convinced Dua Lip will be back, for the same reasons you’ve said, but likewise there doesn’t seem to be too many options elsewhere. I suppose you could possibly swap Lorde and Meghan Thee Stallion around but I’d be a bit surprised to see Glastonbury give the latter as high a slot as headlining the Other stage.

I was thinking 4th/5th down for Olivia Rodrigo but I wonder if she might end up 3rd down on the Sunday if she’s there. It’s a big slot for someone with one album but they’ll need someone who can draw a decent crowd up against Sam Fender, I’m not sure carrying over The Specials will be enough.

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I’m not convinced Dua Lip will be back, for the same reasons you’ve said, but likewise there doesn’t seem to be too many options elsewhere. I suppose you could possibly swap Lorde and Meghan Thee Stallion around but I’d be a bit surprised to see Glastonbury give the latter as high a slot as headlining the Other stage.

I was thinking 4th/5th down for Olivia Rodrigo but I wonder if she might end up 3rd down on the Sunday if she’s there. It’s a big slot for someone with one album but they’ll need someone who can draw a decent crowd up against Sam Fender, I’m not sure carrying over The Specials will be enough.

NIN..?

19 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Trent Reznor was crying over having to play before Biffy Clyro at Reading and Leeds, he's defo not playing before Billie Eilish and however subs her 

I think he was talking about them headlining the Other Stage pal.

One last prediction before we (hopefully) get the poster. I've tried to include everyone from the 2020 poster who is active, as it seems like we'll be getting a good chunk of them. I'm not convinced about Wolf Alice subbing but equally there's good reason to rule out most other suggestions, so they've ended up there.

friday.thumb.PNG.1975b2bb9e7aa4b1829b006dfdb98e38.PNG

saturday.thumb.PNG.c7c1f2fd27bcf587ea47d477eafe75dd.PNG

sunday.thumb.PNG.c26d4cb54226798e6d80b1f10c3c3059.PNG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

One last prediction before we (hopefully) get the poster. I've tried to include everyone from the 2020 poster who is active, as it seems like we'll be getting a good chunk of them. I'm not convinced about Wolf Alice subbing but equally there's good reason to rule out most other suggestions, so they've ended up there.

friday.thumb.PNG.1975b2bb9e7aa4b1829b006dfdb98e38.PNG

saturday.thumb.PNG.c7c1f2fd27bcf587ea47d477eafe75dd.PNG

sunday.thumb.PNG.c26d4cb54226798e6d80b1f10c3c3059.PNG

Supergrass subing Other?