Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

There's a few acts that Glastonbury just seem to never book even when they're on tour. Bon Iver comes to mind. 

Bon Iver is a strange one I agree. Hasn’t he turned up as a guest in other sets like 3 times recently?

On 2/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Tribes self-confirmed (they were on the rumours page before it went down)

Pierce O’Brien TBC for Williams Green (told to me by a promoter from Manchester).

I'm the real Pierce O' Brien & can I just clarify who this promoter is cause hand on heart I would do absolutely anything to perform at Glastonbury Festival this year. PM me on Instagram ThatsEntertainmentMCR1_ or message / call me on my mobile 07522974667 cause I've got the best tunes since Oasis, The Stone Roses & Kasabian. MCR Boy, Rock'n'Rolla, The Football Factory, King of The North etc will go down a storm & please please please make a young mans dreams come true !!

Was thinking today that Tyler, The Creator hasn't been billed as a UK festival exclusive at Parklife, yet he hasn't been announced at any other UK festivals, with Lovebox not taking place this year the only two places I can see him showing up now are Wireless and Glastonbury. Wireless will be announcing soon, so if he doesn't appear on their line-up, where could we see him playing here? Headlining Other seems like the obvious option, I think Dua has outgrown her position on that stage now as she could comfortably headline Pyramid without raising too many eyebrows, could see Tyler taking her place and Dua returning a later year to outright headline.

Foals / Tyler, The Creator / Pet Shop Boys

Just now, OnlyRevolutions said:

Was thinking today that Tyler, The Creator hasn't been billed as a UK festival exclusive at Parklife, yet he hasn't been announced at any other UK festivals, with Lovebox not taking place this year the only two places I can see him showing up now are Wireless and Glastonbury. Wireless will be announcing soon, so if he doesn't appear on their line-up, where could we see him playing here? Headlining Other seems like the obvious option, I think Dua has outgrown her position on that stage now as she could comfortably headline Pyramid without raising too many eyebrows, could see Tyler taking her place and Dua returning a later year to outright headline.

Foals / Tyler, The Creator / Pet Shop Boys

Think he’ll be at Wireless if anywhere tbh. Much like last time, he only seems to be headlining the festivals he’s playing at and not taking lower down slots (that I’ve noticed, anyway).

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think he’ll be at Wireless if anywhere tbh. Much like last time, he only seems to be headlining the festivals he’s playing at and not taking lower down slots (that I’ve noticed, anyway).

Whilst I agree Wireless seems like the most obvious option, Dua is also headlining every festival she's performing at this year, some of which she's sharing top billing with Tyler, such as Primavera and Roskilde, yet has been suggested to headline Other too (although I imagine this is just based on her honouring her 2020 placement). Might just be wishful thinking on my part as Tyler is one of my favourite artists but I don't want to rule him out just yet.

One more time. I've included more 2020 acts in this one because there is a pattern of acts saying or indicating they're coming back so it might not be a clean slate approach after all. Shuffled a bit of it, however.

FRIDAY
Py: Billie Eilish, Jack White, Elbow, Olivia Rodrigo, Kacey Musgraves, Arlo Parks, Rufus Wainwright
OS: Foals, Wolf Alice, AJ Tracey, Blossoms, Editors, Anna Calvi, Yungblud, Franz Ferdinand
WH: Michael Kiwanuka, Celeste, Kelis, Black Uhuru, Tems, Richard Dawson, Greentea Peng, Altin Gun
JP: Primal Scream, St. Vincent, Burna Boy, Jesus & Mary Chain, Jehnny Beth, Griff, Mimi Webb, Yard Act, Yonaka
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Goldfrapp, Big Thief, Black Midi, Dry Cleaning, Snail Mail, Sarathy Korwar, Boy Azooga, CMAT
Ac: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

SATURDAY
Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Haim, Emmylou Harris, Khruangbin, Herbie Hancock, Sinead O'Connor
OS: Dua Lipa, London Grammar, Mabel, Idles, Declan McKenna, Beabadoobee, The Staves, Nadine Shah
WH: Little Simz, Thundercat, Brittany Howard, Gilberto Gil & Family, Central Cee, Mulatu Astatke, Nubiya Garcia, RAE
JP: Glass Animals, Chvrches, Becky Hill, Banks, *Special Guests*, Inhaler, Wet Leg, Soccer Mommy, Chubby & the Gang
Pa: Caribou, The Avalanches, Self Esteem, Jarv Is, Confidence Man, Baxter Dury, The Orielles, Katy J Pearson, Priya Ragu
Ac: Suzanne Vega, The Waterboys

SUNDAY
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Solange, The Specials, Diana Ross, Crowded House, Candi Staton, Black Dyke Band
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Supergrass, Sam Fender, Anderson Paak, Metronomy, Maneskin, Lianne La Havas, The Lathums, Holly Humberstone
WH: Bicep, Tom Misch, TLC, Hannah Peel, Seun Kuti, Pinkpantheress, Berwyn, Los Bitchos
JP: Charli XCX, Fontaines DC, Aitch, Clairo, Tones & I, Sea Girls, The Big Moon, ETC Winner
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Laura Marling, Tinariwen, Cate Le Bon, Squid, Amyl and the Sniffers, Sampa the Great, *Special Guests*
Ac: Patti Smith & Band

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Solange subbing is a bold call.

Yeah I just don’t see that happening. I like her and can see the reasoning for putting her pre-Kendrick, but think she’d fall completely flat in a Pyramid sub slot, and just don’t think they’d have any reason to book her in such a prestigious slot at this point.  

Meh. In 2019, she subbed Coachella, headlined Lovebox, headlined Primavera. Some festival bookers out there see something.

It's not really Glastonbury without a subheadliner that people think isn't qualified for the job. I think, with the above, she actually seems to have more going for her than some candidates at the time they've played the same gig.

Needs a little variation away from it being Royal Blood joining Jack White and Noel Gallagher, anyway.

Solange is an interesting shout. I agree that we’re unlikely to get three rock subs but I think Jorja Smith makes a bit more sense for an unexpected one, given she’s British and is touring this summer. 

I agree that it seems like the 2020 lineup is being used for this year, with other acts being added to fill in the gaps and some acts being shuffled around. I’d be pretty happy with that lineup though. Foals, Macca and Phoebe would be a great headline trio for me.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Solange is an interesting shout. I agree that we’re unlikely to get three rock subs but I think Jorja Smith makes a bit more sense for an unexpected one, given she’s British and is touring this summer. 

I agree that it seems like the 2020 lineup is being used for this year, with other acts being added to fill in the gaps and some acts being shuffled around. I’d be pretty happy with that lineup though. Foals, Macca and Phoebe would be a great headline trio for me.

I thought about Jorja but she's released an EP since subbing West Holts. I think a future year will see her in that sort of slot but not yet.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I thought about Jorja but she's released an EP since subbing West Holts. I think a future year will see her in that sort of slot but not yet.

I feel like you could probably swap Olivia Rodrigo with Solange, Solange suits 4th down Pyramid and Olivia Rodrigo is probably just about Pyramid sub level.

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

I feel like you could probably swap Olivia Rodrigo with Solange, Solange suits 4th down Pyramid and Olivia Rodrigo is probably just about Pyramid sub level.

Nah, although Olivia is the bigger act at the moment, she only has one (very short, at that) album out and I don’t see them giving her a sub slot just yet. Fourth down seems just right for her at this point imo.

16 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Hard pass.

Solange is one of the most critically acclaimed artists of the past decade, a certified big name festival act in her own right and has continually pushed the conversation on equality and respect for black people and women in music.

Gotta say she deserves more respect than someone pointing out another pop singer currently in the charts with their first few songs and suggest trading them around.

Edited by dentalplan

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

One more time. I've included more 2020 acts in this one because there is a pattern of acts saying or indicating they're coming back so it might not be a clean slate approach after all. Shuffled a bit of it, however.

FRIDAY
Py: Billie Eilish, Jack White, Elbow, Olivia Rodrigo, Kacey Musgraves, Arlo Parks, Rufus Wainwright
OS: Foals, Wolf Alice, AJ Tracey, Blossoms, Editors, Anna Calvi, Yungblud, Franz Ferdinand
WH: Michael Kiwanuka, Celeste, Kelis, Black Uhuru, Tems, Richard Dawson, Greentea Peng, Altin Gun
JP: Primal Scream, St. Vincent, Burna Boy, Jesus & Mary Chain, Jehnny Beth, Griff, Mimi Webb, Yard Act, Yonaka
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Goldfrapp, Big Thief, Black Midi, Dry Cleaning, Snail Mail, Sarathy Korwar, Boy Azooga, CMAT
Ac: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

SATURDAY
Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Haim, Emmylou Harris, Khruangbin, Herbie Hancock, Sinead O'Connor
OS: Dua Lipa, London Grammar, Mabel, Idles, Declan McKenna, Beabadoobee, The Staves, Nadine Shah
WH: Little Simz, Thundercat, Brittany Howard, Gilberto Gil & Family, Central Cee, Mulatu Astatke, Nubiya Garcia, RAE
JP: Glass Animals, Chvrches, Becky Hill, Banks, *Special Guests*, Inhaler, Wet Leg, Soccer Mommy, Chubby & the Gang
Pa: Caribou, The Avalanches, Self Esteem, Jarv Is, Confidence Man, Baxter Dury, The Orielles, Katy J Pearson, Priya Ragu
Ac: Suzanne Vega, The Waterboys

SUNDAY
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Solange, The Specials, Diana Ross, Crowded House, Candi Staton, Black Dyke Band
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Supergrass, Sam Fender, Anderson Paak, Metronomy, Maneskin, Lianne La Havas, The Lathums, Holly Humberstone
WH: Bicep, Tom Misch, TLC, Hannah Peel, Seun Kuti, Pinkpantheress, Berwyn, Los Bitchos
JP: Charli XCX, Fontaines DC, Aitch, Clairo, Tones & I, Sea Girls, The Big Moon, ETC Winner
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Laura Marling, Tinariwen, Cate Le Bon, Squid, Amyl and the Sniffers, Sampa the Great, *Special Guests*
Ac: Patti Smith & Band

Foals - Simz - Phoebe, we stan. 

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hard pass.

Solange is one of the most critically acclaimed artists of the past decade, a certified big name festival act in her own right and has continually pushed the conversation on equality and respect for black people and women in music.

Gotta say she deserves more respect than someone pointing out another pop singer currently in the charts with their first few songs and suggest trading them around.

Wasn't disputing that Solange deserves that spot, she's one of the greatest artists of the last decade and her into Kendrick would be a dream, I'd kill to see that happen. Just more speaking about whether she's popular enough for the spot. Though i get that I don't think Olivia Rodrigo shouldn't sub and might not be big enough for it either.