The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

14 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

It’s been drizzling all day. Been for a run and it was that “not wet” drizzle. Not cold, just cloudy and dull. 

if Glastonbury was on we would by now have the usual unfounded cries of “it’s gonna be a mud bath, carnage, end of the world” . when in reality it is just a tad damp.

Knowing my luck it'll be a mudbath next year, but in a way I'd absolutely love that.

I've been checking the weather every few hours in prep for Saturday's fake Glastonbury. Almost matters more if its pissing it down when you're just having some beers and a projector in the garden! No rain currently predicted across multiple weather outlets, but it's still nailbiting stuff.

And I'm so far north that @deebeedoobee's well and mudstick are of no use to me!

Screenshot_20210621_144703.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m basing my speculation on the notoriously unreliable iPhone weather app and a brief headline saying there’s a monsoon season coming to Europe. 

E8B405B7-FFAA-4329-9ECC-CB55211E09CC.thumb.jpeg.dffdfa702ac03104051585ad3e284425.jpeg

Apart from the fact this is for Glastonbury not Pilton. We are 4 miles away and don’t have the same weather.

BBC weather for Pilton looks perfect. Bit for rain on Tuesday , that damps down the dust, then twenty degrees and sunny intervals for the festival days. The bbc forecast for the days were were down last week was accurate to the hour for Pilton. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve taken the advice and updated the weather app to the closer location. They still don’t know what they are talking about though. 

A1884CE8-A46F-4E41-B4FA-55AC591341C7.thumb.jpeg.a3b083b79a3e174791f813b3b25e55ad.jpeg

Nope they don't.  We get different weather to shepton. All to do with nearby hills etc.

As old saying goes " shirt in pilton,  coat in shepton "

It’s bloody cold in Bournemouth though at the moment- I just put my heating back on - it’s mid summer day FFS! I was on the beach last Tuesday! Hopefully it will warm up for people’s weekend in the garden plans. 

18 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

It’s been drizzling all day. Been for a run and it was that “not wet” drizzle. Not cold, just cloudy and dull. 

if Glastonbury was on we would by now have the usual unfounded cries of “it’s gonna be a mud bath, carnage, end of the world” . when in reality it is just a tad damp.

Watch.. Your going to be having lovely weather from mid week Dee xxx

5 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yep just seen the forecast, looks blummin perfect at the weekend.

BBC weather for Pilton seems to be taking a turn towards wetter for the weekend now.....rain expected at some point Fri, Sat and Sunday.

I'm resisting any temptation to suggest we might dodge a bullet though.....I'd take it in a heartbeat this year.

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

BBC weather for Pilton seems to be taking a turn towards wetter for the weekend now.....rain expected at some point Fri, Sat and Sunday.

I'm resisting any temptation to suggest we might dodge a bullet though.....I'd take it in a heartbeat this year.

Well it’s beautifully bright here today. A little bit of breeze to dry the over night rain but perfect wandering weather.

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Just looked at the BBC weather and the light rain showers forecast are 20% - 25% so we may not even get any. Hardly worth putting a coat in your bag for. I’ll keep people posted as to what actually happens here in the village.

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Typical. Last night local news said sunny and getting up to 25. This morning all change, as it often does. Hoping it will be ok so I can sit out and listen to some music