The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

12 minutes ago, Skelts said:

The weather is looking spot on.  Anyone looking at this would take it in a heartbeat.  Dry, not too hot, bit of sun over Saturday/Sunday.  Almost perfect.

image.thumb.png.3a6e3b381d1d76d6ff78808c017b4fd5.png

Ideal.

Actually my most ideal weather happened at Reading 2014, overcast the entire weekend which meant you got a lie in and no sunburn and it didn't rain once. 

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

The weather is looking spot on.  Anyone looking at this would take it in a heartbeat.  Dry, not too hot, bit of sun over Saturday/Sunday.  Almost perfect.

image.thumb.png.3a6e3b381d1d76d6ff78808c017b4fd5.png

Pretty nice! My phone is saying a bit of light rain Friday AM but I'd have been happy with that!

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

So far it’s been so dry in Pilton. Water butts and well are empty. Today we have had a sprinkle so far, no more. Not even enough to make the path wet. So the build up to now would have had perfect weather.

You're very lucky. It's absolutely pissing down here in Cheltenham (60 miles north of you) and also at the cricket in Southampton (60 miles south of you)!

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Jammy bugger! First day of my 2 week holiday & I got drenched doing my supermarket shop! ☹️

My 2 weeks off begins at 12 tomoro … there must be a reason everyone seems to be off 🙂 can’t think what it might b …  hoping it’s gonna be dry for my birthday on wed so I can have a meal in a beer garden somewhere 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My 2 weeks off begins at 12 tomoro … there must be a reason everyone seems to be off 🙂 can’t think what it might b …  hoping it’s gonna be dry for my birthday on wed so I can have a meal in a beer garden somewhere 

Ha! Yeah booked the time off months ago when there was still hope for spending 5 days at our favourite place! Decided to take the time off anyway.

I'm hoping for a meal in a beer garden next week as well - my daughter has promised it as a father's day present. 🙂

Have a great birthday.

2 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

You're very lucky. It's absolutely pissing down here in Cheltenham (60 miles north of you) and also at the cricket in Southampton (60 miles south of you)!

Been out mining (gardening) for potatoes with my grandson. It was like finding buried treasure for him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Been out mining (gardening) for potatoes with my grandson. It was like finding buried treasure for him.

Yes, wandering through the village last week and up by Mary’s gate it looked perfect ground conditions.  Fields looked lush and getting cut for the camping. Quiet and very peaceful.  If you need spuds I saw a few potatoes in the Co-op😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, wandering through the village last week and up by Mary’s gate it looked perfect ground conditions.  Fields looked lush and getting cut for the camping. Quiet and very peaceful.  If you need spuds I saw a few potatoes in the Co-op😉

Actually, for early potatoes, we got a good crop. Perfect new potatoes. The photo was just the first lot out the ground.

The main crop won’t be harvested for a month or two more. 

2C89EF83-234F-4B9F-B125-02EDC7750A9E.jpeg

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Can confirm is pouring down in Glastonbury now on our caravan 

You see what happens when we leave sun drenched Glastonbury and head home!  Rain Always  sounds worse on a caravan roof!  Hope the weather improves.  I can’t go outside the house at the moment. Lovely mild evening after a sunny day but the air is thick with bloody evil nasty biting midges. I need a bee keepers suit to go to the bins. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

13 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Same here , the water butts have been empty for a while now , the liquid sunshine started at 6pm here ( not far from portishead ) . The lawns and butts are loving the rain .

i much prefer rain water over tap water , the plants seam to grow so much better on God’s version of the wet stuff than the stuff that’s been “ tweaked “ with and had chemicals added . 

Weather has been amazing here for a while. Today’s downpour is most welcome.