The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

The heaven’s shed their tears last night. The garden is definitely looking more green this morning. Now we have a slightly windy grey bright day. Not been out to the well yet but I doubt we have had enough to make any impression on that. Put a new water butt in the garden taking rain from the sauna* roof - going to check he level in this to see how much rain we had.

* it’s not a sauna. It has a sign on it that says sauna, it looks like a Swedish sauna/ wood store, but it’s a shed. Got the neighbours whispering though when we first built it.

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

We live in a bungalow, so lots of roof = lots of rain catchment, we have two of these butts and they are both full 🙂 

Gonna need that in the next month because we are in for a hot dry month…..honest.

our roses got rather heavy in the rain. Had to do some dead heading.

42697110-C193-4C30-9719-3476691B1CD1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Annoyingly the forecast looks close to perfect this week.

Low 20’s, but of sun, little bit of rain but nothing too bad…

Pretty much exactly how I like it.

Getting the worst rain out of the way (using it all up on download) so glasto is clear is tradition 🙂 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

It’s been both obscenely hot and apocalyptic rain in the last few days. Both would have me gravely concerned.

Whilst horrendous rain is objectively very bad. What I get most nervous about is thunderstorms and wind. 

Yes, rain fucking sucks, but thunder and wind can actually cancel the event. So it can always be worse. 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Whilst horrendous rain is objectively very bad. What I get most nervous about is thunderstorms and wind. 

Yes, rain fucking sucks, but thunder and wind can actually cancel the event. So it can always be worse. 

we've had thunder and lightning on several occasions ... the event hasnt been canceled ... I guess there is a chance but can u direct me to a uk festival where thats happened ? they just suspend the main stages dont they ? like has happened before 

edit ... wind is more an issue and caused the loss of board masters didnt it ?

Edited by crazyfool1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

we've had thunder and lightning on several occasions ... the event hasnt been canceled ... I guess there is a chance but can u direct me to a uk festival where thats happened ? they just suspend the main stages dont they ? like has happened before 

Yes Boardmasters in 2019 and others as well that weekend also Camp Bestival final day in 2017. 

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Love the tree painting, your roses look awesome, I dead headed ours yesterday so they look a bit sparse now , we have a climbing rose called st swithen , I bought it because my birthday is 15th July ( st swithens day ) , but it’s flowing now and is almost over lol.

the yellow rose in the front garden always does well if I keep dead heading it , the red rose over the path in the back garden just goes and goes all summer 🙂 

1932369A-D9EE-4164-94E6-94EE78C72900.jpeg

0A585700-5747-4149-8C2C-65DB9A6F4AD5.jpeg

Beautiful. I love that you named your rose 🌹 

54 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

No , that is the name it was given by supplier, I bought it because of the name lol

Ha, and i thought it was like people naming cars....my roses must all be called bastard. Because I am always saying " you bastard" when I go near them to prune/dead head etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

2 hours ago, sedra said:

Yes Boardmasters in 2019 and others as well that weekend also Camp Bestival final day in 2017. 

Beat me to it 

It’s been drizzling all day. Been for a run and it was that “not wet” drizzle. Not cold, just cloudy and dull. 

if Glastonbury was on we would by now have the usual unfounded cries of “it’s gonna be a mud bath, carnage, end of the world” . when in reality it is just a tad damp.

12 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

It’s been drizzling all day. Been for a run and it was that “not wet” drizzle. Not cold, just cloudy and dull. 

if Glastonbury was on we would by now have the usual unfounded cries of “it’s gonna be a mud bath, carnage, end of the world” . when in reality it is just a tad damp.

@The Nal would be building an ark.