The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lightning, blizzards, sandstorms, the works. Let the climate get it out of its system this year and give us a clean slate for next year.

I don't think that's how it works. Rain this summer doesn't make rain next summer more or less likely 😛 

I would take a blizzard this month though.

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don't think that's how it works. Rain this summer doesn't make rain next summer more or less likely 😛 

I would take a blizzard this month though.

plus the small thing of global warming ... might not make a difference from 1 year to the next ... but ... 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Can we have hot sunshine in Pilton in June, and shit rainy blizzards across the rest of the UK?

Cos that guarantees a beautiful festival every year.....honest😎😎😎

I have a little applet that runs so that when the temperature at worthy farm is above a certain temperature then it moves some money into my Glastonbury 2022 savings pot for extra beer. 

that way everyone wins

• Like 1

Just now, dotdash79 said:

I have a little applet that runs so that when the temperature at worthy farm is above a certain temperature then it moves some money into my Glastonbury 2022 savings pot for extra beer. 

that way everyone wins

That sounds super useful - I want it! What’s the applet called? 

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

i'd be extremely happy to see biblical rain in the glastonbury area around the end of june, it just feels like a fair swap for next year's doubtless dry and not too sunny perfectitude 

The Pilton residents must hate all of our superstitions on a fallow* year.

*enforced!

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Can we have hot sunshine in Pilton in June, and shit rainy blizzards across the rest of the UK?

Cos that guarantees a beautiful festival every year.....honest😎😎😎

I'd go for that, I love a rainy day so happy to that hit 😉 

49 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

That sounds super useful - I want it! What’s the applet called? 

It’s on IFTTT called the summer savings challenge and it links your Monzo account with weather underground to put money in your savings account. 

im going to do one for winter when the temp drops below a set level. 

Edited by dotdash79

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

i'd be extremely happy to see biblical rain in the glastonbury area around the end of june, it just feels like a fair swap for next year's doubtless dry and not too sunny perfectitude 

Yep Glastonbury can take one for the team. Whereas here in Pilton ,…….

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 12:04 PM, blutarsky said:

Looking dicey for Glastonbury weekend: 

image.png.2d42c659f88ac37ac5a488f657b20fcd.png

Currently over the five days themselves it's looking like 19/20 degrees and mostly sunny with some cloud. Looks bang on perfect... Although, thunderstorms and flooding predicted this week, and a lot of rain at the start of next week. What fun we'd be having on this thread right now if it were happening!

(Just realised we'd only be nine days out.... Sigh)

On 6/7/2021 at 2:23 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's the lovely weather over the previous 4 years that you need to watch out for.

I think 2020 would have had a fair bit of rain if it had gone ahead as it tipped it down on the Saturday when Jo Whiley presented that Glastonbury Live thing on BBC2.