The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

I was just looking at the weather forecast for the next week and then looked for a longer term forecast. 
I found a website with a 150 day outlook, so in a fit of optimism I decided to have a look at the weather for the end of June.
At present the forecast only runs up to June 21st, but if the festival happens, looks like it could be Scorchio 😂 

BF021804-E19F-46D7-84A2-D13CC29793C9.png

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Blue sky thinking?

More like upbeat, positive, starry eyed, rose coloured, extremely supremely  optimistic thinking!   And I’m in!👍

I just started a job at a slightly more corporate company than I'm used to and they keep using that term in meetings, I've just looked it up and have been completely misunderstood it ahah

• 4 months later...
Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would this shitshow of a year weather-wise have banjaxed the site for a hypothetical 2021 event?

If held this weekend it would have been VERY wet but warm. However we didn’t get much rain in April so the ground is still holding up firm.

Mary’s gate puddle is small to none existent a few hours after the rain clears. 

so I’d say we would be grand although the worriers would still be worrying, and the moaners/ doom and gloomers would still be debating whether to bring wellies or not.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would this shitshow of a year weather-wise have banjaxed the site for a hypothetical 2021 event?

Eh?

No. At least, not yet.

The gates wouldn't open for another 5 and a half weeks, nothing would be set in stone or even close. Everyone looks back to 2016 which did have an extended spell of crap weather, but the bulk of the damage then was done about 2 weeks out with actual flash floods and then further rain most days between that and gates opening.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I assume the water table is quite high though, lessening the ability of the site to cope with anything heavier falling in the run up to the festival.

No it’s not. As I mentioned before we’ve had little rain in Pilton up until last week. 

although we have had some great downpours today

21 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

i've really missed trying to speculate what every weather trend would mean for the fields and this week really accelerated that feeling!

Yes, by now we would be well into scouring all the various long range forecast sites looking for the most optimistic one  and hoping it’s true.  Chuck in the ground conditions info from those already at the build and it becomes obsessive and checked every day. 

It's my birthday over the weekend so we're having a BBQ in the garden. Normally quite pessimistic about the Scottish weather, my friend just excitedly sent me this.... and it reminded me so much of Glasto 2019. Is that an Azores Finger I see before me???

Screenshot_20210524_221318.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Given the way that weather works we really need to hope that Glastonbury weekend is pretty miserable this year to up the chances of a scorcher in 2022.

Absolutely. Bad weather this year, good next. Science motherfucker. 

Edited by blutarsky

On 6/5/2021 at 9:30 AM, Ozanne said:

I’d like it to be cloudy and mildly warm please. I really don’t get on with hot weather 😂

I'm completely the same, the past few years (17, 19) have been far too hot, 30 degrees while setting up camp on the wednesday followed by a 32-34 degree day on the weekend almost ruined me in 2019.