The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

58 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Just started raining here , it’s a good job travis Perkins sent the correct flashing kit for our new VELUX window ( oh hang on , they didn’t ! . Buckets at the ready 😞 ) .

bit more framing work the plaster board and we won’t get the view of the loft .

stay safe out there , and wear sun screen lol 

image.jpg

Oops. I’m assuming you won’t want to listen to this playlist then

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s absolutely pissing it down in Taunton … hope it doesn’t get as far as you @deebeedoobee … a few year back on the night Michael Jackson died and the only year I’ve missed since 02 … we had horrendous thunderstorms here and the site stayed dry … Pilton does seem to have its own weather 🙂 

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

Its piddling down here too 30 mins or so away from Pilton! Thos little rain clouds like to choose where they explode! 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thanks, The bbc weather looks ominous but I trust the Piltonian meteorologists more than the met office,  The Fukt meter seems more accurate than their super computer.  👍

Currently sat in the garden in the sun with a cup of tea. Just a little breezy

Looks like, from the BBC anyways, that it'd have been a rainy afternoon/evening at the festival today. Would still rather be there in rain than not at all though.

Currently pissing it down where I am. Looks like Pilton is getting away with it for now. BBC has partial rain there today although still predicting Thunder and rain for Monday morning. 

So as the last bands are watched, the last hugs are given, it’s one last night before the long journey home. Memories made to last another year.

today would have been another perfect day weather wise. Overcast but warm. It threatened to drizzle around 4pm but it didn’t get going. Now we have a breeze and cloudy but bright skies.

whether it rains tonight matters not . Tents can be cleaned, wellies deployed and hair dried. 

one last task of the weekend………donate to Oxfam via @Superscally charity page. The man is less than 20 miles from Worthy farm…having run around 300km in 3 days…..let’s give him a virtual shoulder to lean on, the boost he needs to make it to Pilton…..you can do that here, it’s very simples:

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/goingthedistancerun/3

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Really doesnt bode well for next year does it?

2017 great, 2019 great, 2020 great, 2021 great. 

Law of averages and all......

Everyone should be really really worried about net year. Start panicking now is my advice.

We don't need to worry, we have you to worry enough for all of us

I won’t sugar coat it…it’s wet. The fukt-ometer is showing 70ml of Rain overnight. The tracks are big puddles and most likely would have been mud if 200,000 people were trampling on them.

titty Buddha is miffed. Yeah his smile is still there but you can see it in his eyes, he’s seething. The P.I.S.S are in the deep end and it’s not looking good for them. They have manned the life rafts.

the well is damp but then that will take a few days of rainfall to show anything of worth.

But all this would have been worth it for 5 days of bliss. We will party again in the fields next year and it will be “the best year ever”.

I have a Scally to feed and set on his merry way, thankfully by motorised transport so until next time………

D1CA450A-1EE0-40DD-8E5D-41102E53ABA6.thumb.jpeg.c2377aad6b374f2cfe28d58aeedf4be3.jpeg

Edited by deebeedoobee
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I won’t sugar coat it…it’s wet. The fukt-ometer is showing 70ml of Rain overnight. The tracks are big puddles and most likely would have been mud if 200,000 people were trampling on them.

titty Buddha is miffed. Yeah his smile is still there but you can see it in his eyes, he’s seething. The P.I.S.S are in the deep end and it’s not looking good for them. They have manned the life rafts.

the well is damp but then that will take a few days of rainfall to show anything of worth.

But all this would have been worth it for 5 days of bliss. We will party again in the fields next year and it will be “the best year ever”.

I have a Scally to feed and set on his merry way, thankfully by motorised transport so until next time………

D1CA450A-1EE0-40DD-8E5D-41102E53ABA6.thumb.jpeg.c2377aad6b374f2cfe28d58aeedf4be3.jpeg

Big dog ❤️