U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Going to bed. My final prediction...we won't know result tomorrow...Trump will be declared winner in a few days time.

You’ll wake up to messages saying Trump thinking he has won but reality will soon kick in and he’ll be humiliated. Hopefully his supporters take defeat graciously. 

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I haven't managed to go to bed early. So now the plan is to stay up for a bit, then have maybe a three-hour nap, then get up again. What could do wrong?

I actually managed to get about 3 hours kip, but woke up about half an hour ago, made the mistake of checking twitter and now have given up trying to get back to sleep. I'm all in now. 

I was planning to sleep for a bit, then messaged one American pal with my plan for waking/zooming later, with my Zoom link. 

Then she tells me she is entering the Zoom. Turns out, she's back in the UK to continue working on her PhD. Came back to the country a few weeks ago - just in time for new lockdown.

But she did catch me up on the last few months, including a great story about her boyfriend being mauled by an otter. It made the LA Times! https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-30/encounter-with-mother-otter-at-california-national-park-sends-visitor-to-the-hospital

So that's my election night so far. More at 11.

Edit: I just realised it is already gone 11. Time flies.

Edited by WestCountryGirl

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I actually managed to get about 3 hours kip, but woke up about half an hour ago, made the mistake of checking twitter and now have given up trying to get back to sleep. I'm all in now. 

Ha! Glad it's not just me. I don't even eat until 9pm usually so don't know who I was kidding... well done on getting some sleep.

Just now, Gregfc15 said:

Checking in after a full nights sleep. Sorry everyone.

Proper jealous.  I was hoping to get a good nights kip and woke early for the old mr 2 hats special then couldn't get back to sleep so I'll be bollocksed by about 2am.  Thankfully I've got this tin of little magic stamps that always help to enthuse me in times of need.

Meanwhile, polls have closed, Come on Georgia, do it for us.