What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The malevolence.....but chiefly the banality and bureaucracy.  The office politics and paperwork.  Loving the scenes in the Imperial Security Bureau.

Yes, much more eloquently put. You're spot on, I was only thinking that I seemed to be strangely engaged in their internal in-fighting, despite that particular side-plot not necessarily moving forward at a pace.

For Coruscant, read Westminster...

It’s Jodie Whitaker’s last Dr Who tomorrow, what’s struck me is how little fanfare or hype it seems to be getting. Used to be that regeneration episodes were hugely anticipated events, seems that this one is coming with barely a whimper.

Shows how terrible the Chibnall/Whittaker era has been. FWIW I don’t even blame Whittaker, she’s tried gamely with what has been some truly terrible material. I don’t think any actor could have done much better.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It’s Jodie Whitaker’s last Dr Who tomorrow, what’s struck me is how little fanfare or hype it seems to be getting. Used to be that regeneration episodes were hugely anticipated events, seems that this one is coming with barely a whimper.

Shows how terrible the Chibnall/Whittaker era has been. FWIW I don’t even blame Whittaker, she’s tried gamely with what has been some truly terrible material. I don’t think any actor could have done much better.

I've enjoyed a lot of it and think she's brilliant. 

Heard her on this (also on apple etc) talking about going to festivals and she was very charming and funny, as she's been other times I heard SWK interview her.

The Line-Up with Shaun Keaveny

During lockdown she released some tiny single person videos in character which lots of parents said really helped their kids out. 

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Anyone watched all of Am I Being Unreasonable? 

I don't yet know anyone else that has yet.  It manages to twist from genre to genre, but when it finishes... 'kinel. 

BTW don't mention any spoilers for other folks if you have. 

I've been watching it week by week. Not sure why. Not a huge Daisy May Cooper fan but I have enjoyed this, and her in it. Might watch the finale tonight after work cos I am intrigued, even before your 'kinel

Not all that relevant to this thread but as I’m the author I am going to use it to vent my spleen.  
Watching recent coverage of the political shenanigans is there a bigger slimier sleazy irritating two faced long streak of pish than Jacob Rees Mogg? He makes my skin crawl. I pity the folk in Somerset who have him as their MP.  There, I feel better now😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not all that relevant to this thread but as I’m the author I am going to use it to vent my spleen.  
Watching recent coverage of the political shenanigans is there a bigger slimier sleazy irritating two faced long streak of pish than Jacob Rees Mogg? He makes my skin crawl. I pity the folk in Somerset who have him as their MP.  There, I feel better now😊

Probably belongs in the politics thread, but it's impossible to disagree with you!

On 10/22/2022 at 9:42 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

There's an intriguing tale in Mogg's history which I've only ever seen mentioned in this article 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/22/jacob-rees-mogg-roots-conservative-mp

13 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Very much enjoyed HOtD. Certainly a long wait for S2. I will look like Viserys by then

Am hoping I'll age as slowly as Alicent. I'm off to check the age difference between her and her kids...

Watched 2 episodes of Interview with the vampire. It's ok but kind of slow and verbose so far...

Not a binge watch but a one off.

The Love Box In Your Living Room. 

I've always thought Harry & Paul are unacknowledged National Treasures. Johnny Depp got it.

The Peripheral has definitely grabbed my attention. Used to be a big William Gibson fan back in the day.