When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don’t either, but Hancock has said a few times that they brought in a rule of five and pub curfew in Belgium and it worked. So he must know something that we don’t. 

How has it worked in Belgium though? Their cases are still surging.

10pm curfew won’t make a difference in the slightest.

Edited by FestivalJamie

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’m just repeating what Matt Hancock said on TV, that their surge slowed down after the measures. I’m sure Whitty said the same at the last briefing two weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

the graph I saw showed cases decreasing .....might have a slight impact on weekend corona bearing in mind pubs and nightclubs that have changed their setups might currently be open till 3am ? depending on where you are 

They may see that a 10pm curfew worked in Belgium, but Britain has a different relationship with drink.

Pubs closing at 10pm will not stop people getting drunk and in turn stop then forgetting to social distance. They will either start earlier and get drunk sooner, or legally or not,  move the drinks to their home when 10pm comes.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don’t either, but Hancock has said a few times that they brought in a rule of five and pub curfew in Belgium and it worked. So he must know something that we don’t. 

You honesty believe anything that abhorrent spunk weasel says?

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

They may see that a 10pm curfew worked in Belgium, but Britain has a different relationship with drink.

Pubs closing at 10pm will not stop people getting drunk and in turn stop then forgetting to social distance. They will either start earlier and get drunk sooner, or legally or not,  move the drinks to their home when 10pm comes.

You think that Belgium, the beer capital of the world, would stop drinking just because of a curfew?

Just now, nikkic said:

You honesty believe anything that abhorrent spunk weasel says?

I wouldn’t trust him with my lunch money, which he’d no doubt invest in some new NHS contract awarded to Dildo Hardon or whatever her name is. But it seems to be the thought process within government because Whitty has said it as well, that the curfew helped Belgium flatten the second wave. 

• Upvote 1

Watching the my local news and a lot of MPs from the East and South West seem annoyed at the prospect of national action as opposed to local lockdowns, I think they may introduce travel limits for non-essential things to allow the economy to move forward from these regions if other areas have been forced to lock down

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They haven't even given rule of 6 a chance yet...they put in some restrictions, then need to wait a few weeks to see if makes any difference. 

Waiting weeks to see if a paltry rule of 6 works (it won’t), means more deaths and longer, harsher lockdown when they realise this

42 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think a 10pm pub curfew will make the slightest bit of difference. 

Pubs used to all shut at ten, and only open for a few hours at lunchtime but the amount of drink that was consumed between nine and ten was colossal.  One of the main reasons licensing laws were relaxed. Ten became known then as chucking out time. It’s the UK relationship with alcohol where binge drinking is commonplace that causes problems.  I think a temporary ten curfew coupled with a cessation of all day drinking might actually help if it prevents the early morning carnage witnessed on  city streets . 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Pubs used to all shut at ten, and only open for a few hours at lunchtime but the amount of drink that was consumed between nine and ten was colossal.  One of the main reasons licensing laws were relaxed. Ten became known then as chucking out time. It’s the UK relationship with alcohol where binge drinking is commonplace that causes problems.  I think a temporary ten curfew coupled with a cessation of all day drinking might actually help if it prevents the early morning carnage witnessed on  city streets . 

in Scotland or whole of UK? I always remember closing at 11...and I'm pretty old.

Just now, steviewevie said:

in Scotland or whole of UK? I always remember closing at 11...and I'm pretty old.

Scotland it was ten and then extended to 11 though I think other licence extensions could be applied for under special circumstances, such as drowning your sorrows after another football defeat😁

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Scotland it was ten and then extended to 11 though I think other licence extensions could be applied for under special circumstances, such as drowning your sorrows after another football defeat😁

I remember stories of people who were drinking in the southern areas of Scotland then dashing over the border to grab another hours of drinking in England before heading back North. 

It was probably why drinking up times was synced up.