When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I consider the loss of ability to have someone visit my home to be a lockdown.

Nobody has been in my flat since feb ... apart from a painter and decorator for 5 mins ..... lockdown is surely where we are restricted in seeing people in any circumstances ... visits to homes might be a small part of that 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Nobody has been in my flat since feb ... apart from a painter and decorator for 5 mins ..... lockdown is surely where we are restricted in seeing people in any circumstances ... visits to homes might be a small part of that 

To be fair if there’s an exception for couples I’m fine with that. Happy to meet everyone else outside at 2m distance. 

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

To be fair if there’s an exception for couples I’m fine with that. Happy to meet everyone else outside at 2m distance. 

Of course you are fine with it, it's what you want 😂 To play devils advocate, why should in that situation there be an exemption but my Mum couldn't see her Grandson on his 1st birthday?

Edited by Ozanne

My OH and I have elderly parents (one each).  One in Liverpool and the other in Glasgow so we cannot visit either in each other's houses.  Now the problem we have is that my father in law needs help to move into a sheltered flat this weekend   This is something I think is essential travel but I still feel guilty about. We are staying in a hotel but still need to be in his home to pack and clear for him

My Mum also needs support, but she's more physically self-reliant if not emotionally. 

Not sure what is going to happen this week. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Of course you are fine with it, it's what you want 😂 To play devils advocate, why should in that situation there be an exemption but my Mum couldn't see 1 year old nephew on his birthday?

Your mum should be allowed to see him. Frankly it shouldn’t be the governments business. 

7 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

People wont stand for not being able to see friends and family if they still have to go to work or schools so I dont see them introducing anything too stringent, I think they'll keep the rule of 6 for a few more weeks to see if it has any effect and scrap it if necessary 

Yep the government are a bunch of tossers.  Basically saying you can keep doing all the shit bits of your life (work and school) but we are cancelling all the fun bits.

I think it will be widely ignored.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Your mum should be allowed to see him. Frankly it shouldn’t be the governments business. 

I'd rather the Government intervened and had these measures in place if it meant we can protect those vulnerable against the virus. It isn't just about the individual here as Chris Whitty said earlier.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yep the government are a bunch of tossers.  Basically saying you can keep doing all the shit bits of your life (work and school) but we are cancelling all the fun bits.

I think it will be widely ignored.

If sacrificing my social life for a few weeks means we have a better chance of beating the virus then that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make. 

Now is not the time to be selfish. 

• Upvote 3