When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

no, mustn't upset those red wall voters.

you know what though there might be something in this... I'm in the North West, Tameside in Manchester who's rate is 49 per 100k so we're in semi lockdown.

Yet reading about some of the North East figs and South Tyneside is 72 and Gateshead is 60ish I think yet I've heard nothing about those places going into any sort of Lockdown so why is that??

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the problem is that there will be plenty of people in the north that have been responsible as you call it for their part in lower numbers ... we I agree are fortunate in the south west but Id struggle to say we do anything differently to those up north , they just have a different demographic and population densitys .... we are clearly working on more regional levels now with lockdowns and I can see those areas expanding in size 

This is correct.  In Scotland it’s the urban areas, regions with high population densities that are having most cases and lockdowns. In contrast other areas have low infection rates. It was always going to be local lockdowns that would control the spread. The general public in the badly affected areas need to heed the instructions about distancing, hand washing and wearing masks. I do however understand that it’s easier to comply living in a small town or rural area compared to living in a busy city.  

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Not sure. Plans were starting to be formed to return this month/early next, but if cases keep rising I just don’t see what the point is when we’ve been doing the same job from home since March. Happy to return part time if it’s safe, but if this trend keeps ticking upward I’d rather hold off until the new year.

Agreed. There's been no chat about our Glasgow office going back, but aren't the most seniors civil servant said 80% of us should go back one day a week before the end of October. When you think about what that means for who is in the office when, and how useful that is for meetings etc, I'm not sure I see the point... I don't think they'll make us though. And much as I thought I'd hate it, I'm fully adapted!

• Upvote 1

I guess the big question is where are these cases - the big increases in NW and WM could easily be down to large factories getting tested. 

As has been said before, the numbers now are more comparable to the ACTUAL situation in March, not the numbers we tested in hospitals. 

Plus the difference is, most of those people will isolate now they've tested positive when they wouldn't have before. That's a key here 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Something just occurred to me - is this herd immunity in action? One final massive hugely risky gamble from the government to get as many infections out the way by winter as possible? Schools opening, getting people into the office etc 

With the potential idea that outcomes are different in warmer weather, as we've seen over summer. 

Horrible if so but I can very much see it 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Hi Guys, I hope your all doing well. I've reflected on my recent behaviour on this site. I am deeply sorry to anyone I may have offended. I've had a stressful few weeks after being put on new medication to manage my condition and this has sent me a bit scatty and made my social anxiety go through the roof. I've spoke with my Consultant on Saturday and he has put me back on my old meds. 

This is how I plan on using Efestivals going forward...

• Ignored users: Ive added @Ozanne to my ignored users which should mean I will not see his posts and therefore won't downvote.
  • I will not post controversial points of views and try and be balanced *I am still a Tory so please remember that*
  • I will treat you all with respect and dignity you deserve
  • I will follow the advise of @stuartbert two hats with respect to down voting.
  • i will listen to any further advise given in the future.

I wan't to thank everyone for their kind words especially @crazyfool1 for listening to me and offering support. 

I'm sure you can all understand that living with EUPD and ADHD can be hard especially when being on this forum, So if I feel I'm getting fed up I will take myself away from the threads before I post anything which could upset anyone. I love reading these threads as I LOVE festivals. sometimes there the only things that keep me strong in life! 

I hope we can all start again and accept the new and improved me! This is my old account which I forgot I had so ill use this going forward. @eFestivals Please give me the chance to show you I mean what i've said an will ensure I stick to the words here. Please don't put this account on moderation as I wan't to be able to use these forums to the full potential.

Again all, I am sorry and I hope we I can be forgiven and my previous out of order behaviour can be forgotten about. 

Peace and Love

Stu Xx

Edited by SDSM
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, SDSM said:

Hi Guys, I hope your all doing well. I've reflected on my recent behaviour on this site. I am deeply sorry to anyone I may have offended. I've had a stressful few weeks after being put on new medication to manage my condition and this has sent me a bit scatty and made my social anxiety go through the roof. I've spoke with my Consultant on Saturday and he has put me back on my old meds. 

This is how I plan on using Efestivals going forward...

• Ignored users: Ive added @Ozanne to my ignored users which should mean I will not see his posts and therefore won't downvote.
  • I will not post controversial points of views and try and be balanced *I am still a Tory so please remember that*
  • I will treat you all with respect and dignity you deserve
  • I will follow the advise of @stuartbert two hats with respect to down voting.
  • i will listen to any further advise given in the future.

I wan't to thank everyone for their kind words especially @crazyfool1 for listening to me and offering support. 

I'm sure you can all understand that living with EUPD and ADHD can be hard especially when being on this forum, So if I feel I'm getting fed up I will take myself away from the threads before I post anything which could upset anyone. I love reading these threads as I LOVE festivals. sometimes there the only things that keep me strong in life! 

I hope we can all start again and accept the new and improved me! This is my old account which I forgot I had so ill use this going forward. @eFestivals Please give me the chance to show you I mean what i've said an will ensure I stick to the words here. Please don't put this account on moderation as I wan't to be able to use these forums to the full potential.

Again all, I am sorry and I hope we I can be forgiven and my previous out of order behaviour can be forgotten about. 

Peace and Love

Stu Xx000

Who knows if you can read this, I hope you are being genuine and I hope you if even a small part of this is true you can manage your condition without resorting to the horrible attacks that you've given out. 

Edited by Ozanne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Who knows if you can read this, I hope you are being genuine and I hope you if even a small part of this is true you can manage your condition without resorting to the horrible attacks that you've given out. 

seconded ... and now he can read it I think , nice one @Ozanne :) 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Sorry , out of upvotes, gave mine to @Wellyboot last night ( can’t remember why  ) . But yes , take the lenor bottle to work buddy , don’t forget to tell Mrs blue , you don’t want to try and explain why your old fella smells like flowers ... that said Mrs Blue must be nearly due so your probably not seeing much action anyway lol.

good luck with work tomorrow buddy

Thanks big fella

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Sorry , out of upvotes, gave mine to @Wellyboot last night ( can’t remember why  ) . But yes , take the lenor bottle to work buddy , don’t forget to tell Mrs blue , you don’t want to try and explain why your old fella smells like flowers ... that said Mrs Blue must be nearly due so your probably not seeing much action anyway lol.

good luck with work tomorrow buddy

Done it for u since I took all urs 😁

11 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Thanks big fella

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

Thanks welly  , still can’t remember why I gave you my upvotes , lol . I had a bit of a head this morning, hadn’t realised till this morning ( taking the two empty wine bottles to the recycling box ) that Mrs D only had one glass ! 

Maybe I am a secret lightweight, I thought I was feeling a bit squwiffy last night lol.

A great evening though 🙂 such lovely people on here 🙂 

😁 haha oops!! Nothing a couple of anadins and some brekky can't fix! So its ok!

Agree, lovely people on here.. its why we can't keep away 😂😊

10 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Thanks welly  , still can’t remember why I gave you my upvotes , lol . I had a bit of a head this morning, hadn’t realised till this morning ( taking the two empty wine bottles to the recycling box ) that Mrs D only had one glass ! 

Maybe I am a secret lightweight, I thought I was feeling a bit squwiffy last night lol.

A great evening though 🙂 such lovely people on here 🙂 

She emotionally blackmailed us into upvoting her so she could win the day.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Anyway Matt Hancock has been on the new this evening saying the news is 'concerning' and blaming young people for the rise in cases. The same young people they wanted to go out to Eat Out to Help Out last month. That's nice of him.

I’m so lost with the messaging at the minute. “Eat Out to Help Out”, “get back to work”, then “Damn young people spreading the virus!”. The hell do they expect? If you want to give up on this and focus on helping the economy then fine, but don’t then point the finger at us as case numbers inevitably rise. He’s trying to have his cake and eat it too...typical Tory move.