When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I spent six hours or more in A&E yesterday after cutting my hand open like an idiot. They are still being very safe there: you had to queue outside for ages until enough room inside, temperature check before anything else, masks required unless unable to wear one and seating spaced out well. Had a decent chat with the nurse while he stitched me up. Sounded like it's been such a nightmare for them all and they've been told to prep for a second wave alongside flu season, which I guess is what Boris has said anyway. The nurse had had it incidentally and donated plasma this week. He was also pretty frank on his thoughts about the Brexit "self-harm shitstorm" around the corner!

Ouch! Hope you are doing ok, sounds pretty grim!

Just now, Ozanne said:

Ouch! Hope you are doing ok, sounds pretty grim!

Thanks! Yeah I'm alright, like I say just a fucking idiot...

Was interesting though to chat to someone who has been on the front line as it were. He spoke about the whole thing like a kind of collective trauma for the NHS, which I guess it has been.

55 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks! Yeah I'm alright, like I say just a fucking idiot...

Was interesting though to chat to someone who has been on the front line as it were. He spoke about the whole thing like a kind of collective trauma for the NHS, which I guess it has been.

It must be horrible for them being told that the most traumatic thing theyve been through is probably going to happen again out of necessity for the economy. We really have built a horrible, inhumane society 😔

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It must be horrible for them being told that the most traumatic thing theyve been through is probably going to happen again out of necessity for the economy. We really have built a horrible, inhumane society 😔

It's finding a balance with the economy and the with the health of the nation...what is happening and is going to happen to the economy is probably going to be devastating for many people also. There is no single, simple solution to any of this...it is fucked.

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’m at Blairdrummond Safari Park today with the wife and kids. Lovely to be out and plenty of people about too. Good antidote to any Claustrophobia (not that I really have any, having worked throughout but you know what I mean) and a reminder there aren’t actually floating clouds of poison or Covid Zombies walking around.

Totally off topic but how are the Dinosaurs at Blair Drummond? 

It's a bit of a schlep through particularly when Edinburgh Zoo is better for animals but I'm curious about the dinosaurs.

I've seen a lot of UK companies/ music acts like SW4, Kurupt Fm, Eskimo Dance, starting to schedule gigs in european countries like amsterdam and france, I'm wondering if promoters have more confidence putting together and announcing shows abroad, as they have more faith in other countries getting back to normal/ being safer by next year. Or maybe capitalizing on a public mood of wanting to get the hell out the UK atm.

109870700_23844979830350621_3289212103367787132_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I've seen a lot of UK companies/ music acts like SW4, Kurupt Fm, Eskimo Dance, starting to schedule gigs in european countries like amsterdam and france, I'm wondering if promoters have more confidence putting together and announcing shows abroad, as they have more faith in other countries getting back to normal/ being safer by next year. Or maybe capitalizing on a public mood of wanting to get the hell out the UK atm.

109870700_23844979830350621_3289212103367787132_n.jpg

That one is exceptionally risky based on ski resorts being a huge contributor to spread around Feb-March this year.

I somehow don't think the target clientele will care though... 

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

Totally off topic but how are the Dinosaurs at Blair Drummond? 

It's a bit of a schlep through particularly when Edinburgh Zoo is better for animals but I'm curious about the dinosaurs.

Actually really good. I was genuinely surprised. Similar standard to those you see on the Jurassic Park ride at Universal in Florida. I know the latter has been there 20 years but it’s still a compliment.

I saw them a lot too, as having two young kids, we went round 4 times! Would have been 5 if a (socially distanced) queue hadn’t formed 😀

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Positive change!! Let’s hope others retailers follow suit!

Yeah the retailer I work for are keeping all the social distancing rules the same and that all workers on shop floor must wear masks

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Cases lower than yesterday but higher than this time last week.

Total cases for this week: 4347

Total cases last week: 4198

An increase in cases by 3.42%.

Let’s hope it still remains below 1000

Just got back from a weekend at the seaside, stayed in a B&B and I was really impressed with how they are dealing with the situation, loads of extra measures in place and i didn't feel unsafe at all.  I think any decent place will be doing similar as it's their livelihood and so obviously in their interest to get this right. Pubs I've been in were generally very well organised too, much more so than ones I've been in at home , I suppose for the same reasons. Even got asked for contact details in a few places.

Find it a bit baffling though how some places are trying to stick to card payments only yet you can go in the arcades on the 2p machines as normal and handle 100s of coins 🤣

Edited by Cream Soda

34 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Cases lower than yesterday but higher than this time last week.

Total cases for this week: 4347

Total cases last week: 4198

An increase in cases by 3.42%.

You would need to know the number of tests per week to make any inferences on that information. It could be attributable to an increase in testing.

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We've got tickets to the zoo in mid-August and I am looking forward to it a ridiculous amount. Glad it's been good.

It’s a really good day out in the current scenario. Pretty much outdoors so even with (from the example I saw) some shows not being on, a couple of one-way systems and Social Distancing in queues it still feels relatively normal. You can go round large parts of it and not know there’s a Pandemic on.

Based on videos I’ve seen today then I’m fully expecting Leeds to be on the lockdown list soon. It’s crazy how busy the centre is right now. Lots of pubs are voluntarily closing in order to avoid problems down the line. 

You won’t be able to stop the amount of fans congregating right now, the council really need to arrange something in a big enough outside area away from the centre to make it safer for everyone else. 

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Based on videos I’ve seen today then I’m fully expecting Leeds to be on the lockdown list soon. It’s crazy how busy the centre is right now. Lots of pubs are voluntarily closing in order to avoid problems down the line. 

You won’t be able to stop the amount of fans congregating right now, the council really need to arrange something in a big enough outside area away from the centre to make it safer for everyone else. 

I think I want to backpedal my backpedalling on the "don't go to the pub" thread.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So cases are increasing but that is to be expected right? I think it's an intended consequence of opening everything back up, just a question of how much...

Yeah, we’re two weeks since unlocking but honestly the cases haven’t increased by that high of a percentage.

Undoubtedly there will be a large regional spike at some point within the country like the one in Catalonia, but it will be down to whether the government can contain that regional spike so it doesn’t become national.

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fantastic ... facemasks will be required during trading hours by colleagues in Asda but !! Distancing signage and arrows to be removed ... not concerned about arrows as people didn’t follow them anyway ... but why remove the distancing signs ? I thought government guidance was to follow this where possible ? 

They assume that everyone wont really follow distancing at this point. With shop capacities reduced you will mitigate that kind of crowding anyway. Plus most people feel “safer” with a mask on and will close those gaps and act more normal. But you can buy an anti mask mask if you so choose!!

so who went to the rave

Edited by Suprefan