When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

This is going to go on and on. If you get upset everytime you feel someone is not following social distancing rules correctly, or you feel should be wearing masks or not meeting with others or whatever etc etc...then you're going to end up very bitter and twisted by the end of it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

55 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This is going to go on and on. If you get upset everytime you feel someone is not following social distancing rules correctly, or you feel should be wearing masks or not meeting with others or whatever etc etc...then you're going to end up very bitter and twisted by the end of it.

Well if I end up bitter and twisted over something as important as my life .and others .. then so be it ... not exactly trivial stuff 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Ha, jokes on you. I was bitter and twisted at the beginning! 

5 hours ago, stuie said:

We went out to lunch today, outside, two households that have been careful with distancing. The waitress decides to sit down with us to take our order... and again for desert. By the time I’d got riled enough to say anything it was over, but it seems like some people just don’t even realise anything’s going on! 

This is awful I’m so sorry you were put in an uncomfortable position, by the sounds of your account I’m assuming she wasn’t in PPE either, which she should have been.

It is probably best to write a formal complaint/ have a word with the business owner, so that the waitress can be notified so it doesn’t happen again. 

It is really unfortunate most people don’t seem to realise what is going on until they get sick.

I spent six hours or more in A&E yesterday after cutting my hand open like an idiot. They are still being very safe there: you had to queue outside for ages until enough room inside, temperature check before anything else, masks required unless unable to wear one and seating spaced out well. Had a decent chat with the nurse while he stitched me up. Sounded like it's been such a nightmare for them all and they've been told to prep for a second wave alongside flu season, which I guess is what Boris has said anyway. The nurse had had it incidentally and donated plasma this week. He was also pretty frank on his thoughts about the Brexit "self-harm shitstorm" around the corner!

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

For some vulnerable people this could be their first time venturing out after four months of isolation and not doing anything with their lives, someone not keeping social distance or not wearing a mask when they should be, could be a matter of life and death to them. Then there’s all of us who are worried and being careful to protect our own friends and family.

Im sorry, but I’d rather end up bitter and twisted than myself or my family in a ventilator.

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I spent six hours or more in A&E yesterday after cutting my hand open like an idiot. They are still being very safe there: you had to queue outside for ages until enough room inside, temperature check before anything else, masks required unless unable to wear one and seating spaced out well. Had a decent chat with the nurse while he stitched me up. Sounded like it's been such a nightmare for them all and they've been told to prep for a second wave alongside flu season, which I guess is what Boris has said anyway. The nurse had had it incidentally and donated plasma this week. He was also pretty frank on his thoughts about the Brexit "self-harm shitstorm" around the corner!

Sorry to hear about your accident - hope it’s not too bad and will heal ok

I went to Bluewater yesterday, was actually surprised how quiet it was and how well run it was.  Plenty of hand sanitizer around, social distancing measures in place etc....

What I would say is so many places are going to go out of business with the amount of custom they’re getting.  

3 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Sorry to hear about your accident - hope it’s not too bad and will heal ok

Thank you! Mainly I just feel like a complete idiot. Cut myself on a tin can when emptying the recycling, of all things. Should be fine. Not the weekend I had planned though! Which wasn't exactly a big one anyway, let's face it...

I’m at Blairdrummond Safari Park today with the wife and kids. Lovely to be out and plenty of people about too. Good antidote to any Claustrophobia (not that I really have any, having worked throughout but you know what I mean) and a reminder there aren’t actually floating clouds of poison or Covid Zombies walking around.

Edited by MEGABOWL
Edit

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I dunno, every fucker on here seems to have gone to the pub.

Probably not true ... it’s just you have seen photos of people that have ... but not photos of ones that haven’t .... nobody in my friendship group has been to the pub yet 

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’m at Blairdrummond Safari Park today with the wife and kids. Lovely to be out and plenty of people about too. Good antidote to any Claustrophobia (not that I really have any, having worked throughout but you know what I mean) and a reminder there aren’t actually floating clouds of poison or Covid Zombies walking around.

We've got tickets to the zoo in mid-August and I am looking forward to it a ridiculous amount. Glad it's been good.

8 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

keep away from the cats.

Fantastic ... facemasks will be required during trading hours by colleagues in Asda but !! Distancing signage and arrows to be removed ... not concerned about arrows as people didn’t follow them anyway ... but why remove the distancing signs ? I thought government guidance was to follow this where possible ? 

36 minutes ago, sisco said:

I went to Bluewater yesterday, was actually surprised how quiet it was and how well run it was.  Plenty of hand sanitizer around, social distancing measures in place etc....

What I would say is so many places are going to go out of business with the amount of custom they’re getting.  

My kid went to trafford centre yesterday with friends and they said it was packed which they felt uncomfortable with so didn't stay.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

My kid went to trafford centre yesterday with friends and they said it was packed which they felt uncomfortable with so didn't stay.

Tbf, the weather was better down here yesterday so Maybe that’s a factor

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fantastic ... facemasks will be required during trading hours by colleagues in Asda but !! Distancing signage and arrows to be removed ... not concerned about arrows as people didn’t follow them anyway ... but why remove the distancing signs ? I thought government guidance was to follow this where possible ? 

Pack 'em in and sell more stuff.

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

this is maybe one reason why govt has also decided to make masks mandatory in shops....get people in there and spending. Distancing is 1m+ now, and will likely get reduced further in the coming months...unless numbers start to go up again.