When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Can’t believe it’s taking so long for customers to get their act together and start wearing them. 50% is better nonetheless than the figure before which was like 5-10% max.

Its stupid your colleagues are objecting, if it’s company policy they are compulsory, then they are going to have to deal with it. Also when they do their own shopping they are going to have to wear them, so might as well get used to them now.

Don't know why so many people are putting off wearing them until Friday... so stupid we had to wait 2 weeks until they were compulsory, should have started today.

Its actually a recommendation ... I jumped the gun slightly ... but it was a recommendation for scottish stores and ive heard ( via facebook so admittetly unreliable ) that uptake is near to 100 % .... we like a good whinge as a nation where change is concerned so hopefully its just that and it will be the same here ...

19 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Dunno if this is sarcasm, but if it’s not, stop acting like an idiot.

You keep acting like you want this country to have a second wave.

In Germany they have on average less than 10 deaths a day but they all still wear masks there, to prevent future outbreaks. 

If this virus spirals out of control again in this country we will have thousands more deaths. And it only takes a handful of people not doing their best to contain the virus to lead to a regional or national spike.

As said before, it’s Monday figures too, tomorrow deaths will be 100+ to account for not counting on the weekend.

no need for that.

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

quick facemark update whilst browsing facemasks again :) .... im addicted ... found one for @squirrelarmy

I’d already seen those. Luckily I’ve got a mate making me some Star Wars masks. The ones I got for the bus weren’t great but at least it’s better than nothing. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

whats your tipple @Toilet Duck ? please dont say corona :) 

Varies! If it’s hot, an ice-cold lager or cider...if not, I tend to head for the ale bar in the acoustic. Watching a headliner, some form of spirits in a plastic bottle to save trips to the loo/bar...First thing in the morning, White Russian is unbeatable! When we are wandering around late at night we tend to lace milkshakes with rum...Somebody gave me Werther’s original vodka up at the stone circle one year...one of the nicest things I ever tasted! 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Varies! If it’s hot, an ice-cold lager or cider...if not, I tend to head for the ale bar in the acoustic. Watching a headliner, some form of spirits in a plastic bottle to save trips to the loo/bar...First thing in the morning, White Russian is unbeatable! When we are wandering around late at night we tend to lace milkshakes with rum...Somebody gave me Werther’s original vodka up at the stone circle one year...one of the nicest things I ever tasted! 

like your posts I think you have everything covered :) checks the stock levels of werthers for the efest rush ....

Edited by crazyfool1

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Can I ask how you do the white russians? Are you bringing the kahlua and voddy and buying the milk from the milk van?

Coronavirus: Would you spit in a tube every week to end the pandemic? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53437555

really interesting article talking about giving the entire population saliva tests weekly! Is this alongside the oxford vaccine enough to end the pandemic?

could Glastonbury use the saliva tests to ensure really lower the risk of spreading! Perhaps as part of your ticket you have to have a spit test done 48 hours from being on site! Anyone with symptoms onsite could surely get a saliva test processed on site! Seems a lot of positive things going on with the science and everyday I feel more positive about Glastonbury 2021

2 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

could Glastonbury use the saliva tests to ensure really lower the risk of spreading! Perhaps as part of your ticket you have to have a spit test done 48 hours from being on site! Anyone with symptoms onsite could surely get a saliva test processed on site

I couldn’t even begin to work out the logistics involved in doing such a thing. Even trying to have a test as a condition of entry would cause massive problems and delays on the gates. 

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I couldn’t even begin to work out the logistics involved in doing such a thing. Even trying to have a test as a condition of entry would cause massive problems and delays on the gates. 

Delays at the gates are a small price to pay if it means the festival goes ahead. Seems crazy to think about but testing on entry could become part of the new normal until we have a vaccine or treatment. Rapid testing could be all it takes for large events to resume as normal I reckon and these huge logistical headaches may have to be overcome!

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Delays at the gates are a small price to pay if it means the festival goes ahead. Seems crazy to think about but testing on entry could become part of the new normal until we have a vaccine or treatment. Rapid testing could be all it takes for large events to resume as normal I reckon and these huge logistical headaches may have to be overcome!

The test on the gate would be challenging enough. How do you even go about testing everyone again 48 hours after entry? 

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Isn’t this what Melvin Benn was proposing?

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

I reckon any testing would have to be done in advance, not at the gate . The queue is large gathering in itself, wouldn't it be a bit pointless letting someone sit in it for hours potentially infecting others before turning them away?

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The test on the gate would be challenging enough. How do you even go about testing everyone again 48 hours after entry? 

Hopefully by then there could be a saliva test which acts like a pregnancy test! Easy to do and results straight away. Get everyone to do it as they enter car parks or before they catch the coach or upon arrival at the train station 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

RFID wristbands for everyone. Have to scan it when you buy anything by card and the transaction doesn't go through unless you've had a test within 48 hours. Then set up big testing points by all the gates which everyone has to go through 3 times over the weekend. 

Although by this point it's a bit too prison like even to go to Glastonbury! 

2 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Hopefully by then there could be a saliva test which acts like a pregnancy test! Easy to do and results straight away. Get everyone to do it as they enter car parks or before they catch the coach or upon arrival at the train station 

But then if there's a positive case who else gets turned away, others from the same household? Same vehicle? people who have had recent contact? 

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

RFID wristbands for everyone. Have to scan it when you buy anything by card and the transaction doesn't go through unless you've had a test within 48 hours. Then set up big testing points by all the gates which everyone has to go through 3 times over the weekend. 

Although by this point it's a bit too prison like even to go to Glastonbury! 

That could work on arena style festivals where entry is controlled each day but not at Glastonbury. 

I am a fan of RFID bands though, was great for making Sziget and other Euro festivals a cash free experience when it comes to buying food and drink.