When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

The fact that you picked up on that part of the post show’s exactly why they are choosing today to release the report. 

The bigger issue is the NHS vote which hardly anyone will be talking about because of the focus on the Russia report. 

Well yes but nobody listens about that apart from on here and Reddit - I've been trying to explain it to my mum today and she just won't have it. One of my friends is the same "they won't get rid of the NHS after all this". 

It's a lost cause and has been since December 😟

Another in a long line of Corbyn failures. They can always point towards him and ridicule the idea until it happens

Edited by efcfanwirral

I also think considering who stands to benefit the most directly from Brexit (as opposed to the Russian long-term game), there should be an investigation into AMERICAN interference in our democratic process. But that wouldn't be controversial as the majority won't see that as a problem...

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Well yes but nobody listens about that apart from on here and Reddit - I've been trying to explain it to my mum today and she just won't have it. One of my friends is the same "they won't get rid of the NHS after all this". 

It's a lost cause and has been since December 😟

Another in a long line of Corbyn failures. They can always point towards him and ridicule the idea until it happens

They won't "get rid" of the NHS, but increasingly money will be siphoned off it to private companies.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They won't "get rid" of the NHS, but increasingly money will be siphoned off it to private companies.

It’s the costs for medication that worries me. Currently the medication I need isn’t licensed in the UK but imported from the EU. The US also import the same medication for their citizens. No issues there until you see the price for the end user.

An average months prescription at wholesale price costs about $4.50 I know people who are paying $600 a month. The cost to me as an NHS user with my exemption card is £0. I’m quite keen to keep the current arrangement for obvious reasons! 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s the costs for medication that worries me. Currently the medication I need isn’t licensed in the UK but imported from the EU. The US also import the same medication for their citizens. No issues there until you see the price for the end user.

An average months prescription at wholesale price costs about $4.50 I know people who are paying $600 a month. The cost to me as an NHS user with my exemption card is £0. I’m quite keen to keep the current arrangement for obvious reasons! 

Yeah the way I understand it is if those medication prices are allowed then the NHS becomes financially unviable very quickly, meaning privatisation will essentially be demanded by the public because it's got so shit, when in reality it's deliberate underfunding etc that leads to that

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I try to explain it to people that way but generally get blank looks - they hear "get rid". Even telling them they'll have to pay for it doesn't help

8 minutes ago, august1 said:

Have we had an update recently on how many people they think have it? 1 in however many

The Kings College symptom tracker study, which I'm participating in, has 2,103 cases across the UK as its current figure. That's research based on extrapolating from 4 million participants.

It's gone up from a week or two ago when it was in the 1,000 bracket.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 1

Their update from July 16th:

5e8decf34cd71c157e10b7b7_covid-logo-new.

5f06d9cd205e0e7493d7fd59_covid_prevalenc

New daily COVID cases are no longer dropping in the UK

July 16, 2020

According to the latest COVID Symptom Study data, new daily cases of COVID-19 have stopped dropping across the UK.

According to the latest COVID Symptom Study app figures, there are currently 2,103 daily new cases of COVID in the UK on average over the two weeks up to 11 July 2020 (excluding care homes) [*].

The latest data suggests that the number of daily new cases has now stopped dropping, with a definite leveling off of cases since the beginning of July. The latest figures were based on the data from almost 3 million users and 14,429 swab tests done between 28 June to 11 July. 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Their update from July 16th:

5e8decf34cd71c157e10b7b7_covid-logo-new.

5f06d9cd205e0e7493d7fd59_covid_prevalenc

New daily COVID cases are no longer dropping in the UK

July 16, 2020

According to the latest COVID Symptom Study data, new daily cases of COVID-19 have stopped dropping across the UK.

According to the latest COVID Symptom Study app figures, there are currently 2,103 daily new cases of COVID in the UK on average over the two weeks up to 11 July 2020 (excluding care homes) [*].

The latest data suggests that the number of daily new cases has now stopped dropping, with a definite leveling off of cases since the beginning of July. The latest figures were based on the data from almost 3 million users and 14,429 swab tests done between 28 June to 11 July. 

Alternatively the levelling off/increase could be simply due to a lot of unsymptomatic people not reporting in anymore?

Edited by parsonjack

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

How would that lead to an increase? Don't follow sorry! 

Hmm OK.....possibly the opposite...there could be a true drop in cases but if more people were using the app and reporting cases it would manifest itself as an increase.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh I see because you mean less people reporting? Not sure if they release data on how many reporting, just how many participants so I guess there could be a lot of people registered and not doing it. It alerts me daily to answer two questions basically so takes 5 seconds.

Yes I use it too, but I forget on some days so it suggests that if others forget like me the figures could be wildly inaccurate.