When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

38 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

No doubt this will be buried under Russia report stuff. How convenient.

And because Corbyn and Russia were involved in exposing it people will dismiss it as untrue or something, despite being on an official Twitter account.

I'm so envious of countries that actually help their citizens instead of constantly work against them

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

And because Corbyn and Russia were involved in exposing it people will dismiss it as untrue or something, despite being on an official Twitter account.

I'm so envious of countries that actually help their citizens instead of constantly work against them

The fact that you picked up on that part of the post show’s exactly why they are choosing today to release the report. 

The bigger issue is the NHS vote which hardly anyone will be talking about because of the focus on the Russia report. 

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The following is a story that had a high level of baseline of inebriation so some details might be a bit blurry but:

In 2011 Shangri La has a damned/saved vibe, where areas where full of zombies and those that could get the cure. It was the first year I'd really explored down there so might not have got the full grasp of the narrative. One night, I think Friday, after headline time I was walking around the alleyways with a friend when a secret door opened up in the wall. A shifty looking bloke asked if we wanted to be 'saved'. We said yes and got taken through the 'wall' into a room where we checked in our wellies and got those blue plastic protective footwear things you get at swimming pools, we then went through a decontamination unit and sprayed with what appeared to be dry ice/the cure. Moving onward we went through a spa with massage tables and eventually made it to this massive bedroom with probably around 30 people chilling in there. There was thick carpet that felt like a dream on feet that had been in hard wellies for days already. 

There was a bar in the corner so we stayed and chilled for an hour or so, we were just talking about moving on when a large curtain opened revealing a live band (all dressed and made up to look like zombies), playing just for the small group of 'saved' in this bedroom. so we stayed for a bit longer.

At the time I thought this was a batshit dystopian future that only a SL creative could dream up. Now life is almost imitating art.

I'm aware this is off topic (for the thread if not the forum) but @zahidf's post reminded me of the night I've not thought about in years and not sure if I've shared the events on here. 

Side note: I miss the alleyways, a victim of their own success. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...apparently there is Russian interference in our electoral processes. Who'd have thought it?

So...apparently successive Tory governments did not want investigate Russian interference. Another shocker. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

This Russian report is a very nice birthday present. I’ll enjoy unwrapping it all through the day. 

Main point seems to be a blind eye was turned to russian meddling because of all that lovely russian dirty money. Russia trolls are doing all they can to divide and weaken the west...Nato, US, EU etc. Major successes have been Trump and Brexit.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Main point seems to be a blind eye was turned to russian meddling because of all that lovely russian dirty money. Russia trolls are doing all they can to divide and weaken the west...Nato, US, EU etc. Major successes have been Trump and Brexit.

The big discussion will be whether they didn’t investigate because they didn’t see a problem or because they are in bed with certain Russians. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This Russian report is a very nice birthday present. I’ll enjoy unwrapping it all through the day. 

Sad thing is the majority of the public won’t give a s**t. I’ve seen so much corruption/lies openly displayed since 2016 and apathy to it all😢

4 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Sad thing is the majority of the public won’t give a s**t. I’ve seen so much corruption/lies openly displayed since 2016 and apathy to it all😢

I think it's hard, probably impossible,  to quantify how much elections/referendums were actually influenced by any russian interference.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think it's hard, probably impossible,  to quantify how much elections/referendums were actually influenced by any russian interference.

Even if proven I fear nothing would happen anyway, we are so far down the rabbit hole now I can’t see a way out 😢

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

How do you overthrow a democracy? I know there’s plenty of historical cases of removing dictatorships but our democracy is badly broken. 

Do you mean in terms of "the people" deposing a corrupt democracy, or of democracy ending up being replaced?