When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Are you north or south? I would probably have said "before" rather than from, but the context made it pretty obvious to me what was meant.

Might be that I’m originally from the USA and we say from! Like please get tested 48hrs from arrival! Has @Toilet Duck got a English degree to?

also you go from x to y! Therefore x is before y

Edited by Sdsm123

59 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

That could work on arena style festivals where entry is controlled each day but not at Glastonbury. 

I am a fan of RFID bands though, was great for making Sziget and other Euro festivals a cash free experience when it comes to buying food and drink. 

It might be whats needed to reduce physical contact, but that infrastructure for extra bandwidth is the challenge. Every single food stall and trader needs to implement it, its a big task. Glasto is gonna spend on that for the first time now and hope it functions for 5 days without problems? 

ive experienced the delays that come with people trying cashless wristbands and its frustrating. Theres also been bigger issues with it here in the u.s where the festivals pocket all the money left on those wristbands and dont return the unused funds that people requested in a timely manner. Some of them will cut all the corners they can to grab thousands in extra income just because they wanted to make things convinient when they usually arent. I personally only take cash to festivals and if its a large purchase I will used a card, simple as that.

i also just thought about how bad it will be with the porta loos. If theyre going to constantly be cleaning them, how long will the queues be? Silver lining is that the soap and sanitizer will not run out within a day now.

Edited by Suprefan

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

where the festivals pocket all the money

id think thats probably less likely with t Glastonbury ..... but im sure we are going to get some wristband improvements .... they have been developing those of late .... in terms of entry 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

id think thats probably less likely with t Glastonbury ..... but im sure we are going to get some wristband improvements .... they have been developing those of late .... in terms of entry 

At Boomtown last year someone stole a bag of 200 wristbands and were selling them to friends! They didn’t consider that all the wristbands were serial numbered and they had to be activated against a ticket to get pass the wristband scanners! Luckily they stopped all the entry by unauthorised people and the people passed the name over of the person who stole the bag who was arrested and barred for life! They let the person (and friends with them) in for the name of the person who sold them

2 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

At Boomtown last year someone stole a bag of 200 wristbands and were selling them to friends! They didn’t consider that all the wristbands were serial numbered and they had to be activated against a ticket to get pass the wristband scanners! Luckily they stopped all the entry by unauthorised people and the people passed the name over of the person who stole the bag who was arrested and barred for life! They let the person (and friends with them) in for the name of the person who sold them

I think they were trialling the entry / pass out system for workers last time ....would definitely expect this rolled out more widely for what will be 2 years later .... 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think they were trialling the entry / pass out system for workers last time ....would definitely expect this rolled out more widely for what will be 2 years later .... 

Will also help the poor people who have had ticket loss problems! I know after reading back over old threads with people with issues that @eFestivals always said it would cost too much to implement! Maybe times have changed now

11 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Will also help the poor people who have had ticket loss problems! I know after reading back over old threads with people with issues that @eFestivals always said it would cost too much to implement! Maybe times have changed now

It's never been worth the hassle before. The implementation is getting easier all the time and the justification is higher. Maybe 2021 is the year?

2 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yeah, we premix the vodka and Kahlua! Also good in vanilla milkshakes!

Right on! Thanks for this, I’ve just set a reminder on my phone for a week before next year’s to remember to bring some kahlua and vodka.

The dude abides 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Anything to report from this?

I was watching the Rockfield documentary.

it was mostly about govt/sage decisions back in March...the whole suppresion/mitigation thing and the fact that a lot of lives would have been saved if we went into lockdown earlier. There wasn't much finger pointing...more that lessons should be learnt for next time. Covered the care home disaster a bit too.

Edited by steviewevie

9 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

I can't remember ever saying cost was an issue.

I know that 10+ years ago the main worry with electronic systems was the system going down at the gates when everyone was trying to get in. It's far less of a problem if there's a technical delay with workers coming and going.

Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam has responded to news of a potential coronavirus vaccine in The Sun

My best estimates are that if this continues to run with the success that we have had so far, it would not be unreasonable to think that we will be getting some doses of that vaccine this side of Christmas.

[...]

I’m a glass half full man. I’m cautiously optimistic that by late spring next year there will be several vaccines that will have made it.

My confidence is increasing week by week with the news that comes through.