When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Loolllll. That's not exactly a peer reviewed paper. What scientist? What evidence to they have? Nothing in the article on that. And nothing online about it.

I’ve no idea. I was just pointing out it’s in the 2nd paragraph as you said it wasn’t in the story. 

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yes young people! Sick of being locked up, start a revolution!

20210602_224940.jpg

Read this article earlier on the website, it was fantastic but also really disheartening as you realise they've had so much shit thrown at them the last year and a half.

Edited by Zacko

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

When dealing with dodgy posters online the best advice is not to feed the trolls. 

Same goes for the media. Don’t feed them clicks especially when they post outrageous headlines with minimal details on the opening post. 

They have suckered you in big time if you’re going looking for more details from that particular source. 

Indeed. The Daily Mail will be aiming to get their reader base worked up with the prospect that summer holidays could be cancelled so to put pressure on the government. 

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yes young people! Sick of being locked up, start a revolution!

20210602_224940.jpg

I know many people my age (20) have been sick and tired of being scapegoated through the whole pandemic (don't kill granny, eat out to help out/you fools look infections are up now) and many feel worse now than before after being furloughed/made redundant and being messed over by universities. I don't think the government realise  what a detrimental impact their actions have had and the dissatisfaction there is towards them either 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

I know many people my age (20) have been sick and tired of being scapegoated through the whole pandemic (don't kill granny, eat out to help out/you fools look infections are up now) and many feel worse now than before after being furloughed/made redundant and being messed over by universities. I don't think the government realise  what a detrimental impact their actions have had and the dissatisfaction there is towards them either 

I know doesn't solve everything...but I reckon govt should just give all young people a bunch of cash. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

You mean the Kent variant? And the brasil variant?

in lab tests different vaccines were found to be less effective to varying degrees against some of the variants. In real world we're still finding out. This is potentially one of the issues with the Indian variant especially with single dose and why they had a big push for over 50s to get 2nd dose.

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You mean the Kent variant? And the brasil variant?

The Nepal variant was mentioned a few weeks ago (I live in an area heavily populated by Nepalese residents) and went quiet after we all did some surge testing. Imagine it will be highlighted more heading towards 21 June.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

40 year + is now officially 8 weeks although it's not been announced.  Just 50+   my second is June 24th which is exactly 8 weeks

Snap! My 2nd is June 24th too (Though I only got dose 1 last week)...Fully vaccinated on July 1st...the last of my mates is a day behind the rest of us, which rather handily is a Friday, hence pub with the lads for the first time since 2019 as soon as he’s in the clear!

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Kent variant was defo more transmissible but there was a time the gov said it might be more deadly. SA and Brazil ones came to nothing, let’s hope Indian one does too 

I think that ship has sailed, the only question is how significant it's going to be. It's definitely more of a change to the virus than the others, it's just how much the vaccines will offset it - particularly in the next couple of months.

I wonder how high an 'acceptable' number of deaths per day is from a government perspective. Low hundreds??

The more I think about it the more I realise that the goal is not to have a relatively "normal" healthcare system with a bit of covid but making sure it can continue with masses of cases but still continue other care until we reach a natural herd immunity (which vaccines have helped accelerate us towards).

I guess it was always there in that 3rd test wording, the NHS is going to look like it's under severe stress probably from late summer. 

53 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I wonder how high an 'acceptable' number of deaths per day is from a government perspective. Low hundreds??

The more I think about it the more I realise that the goal is not to have a relatively "normal" healthcare system with a bit of covid but making sure it can continue with masses of cases but still continue other care until we reach a natural herd immunity (which vaccines have helped accelerate us towards).

I guess it was always there in that 3rd test wording, the NHS is going to look like it's under severe stress probably from late summer. 

They need covid to be gone as a problem and flu to be the only thing that puts the NHS under pressure, it's in such a permanent precarious position that's all that can save it 

Otherwise they have to fund it properly and we can't do that because that's not what shithole England is about

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

Loolllll. That's not exactly a peer reviewed paper. What scientist? What evidence to they have? Nothing in the article on that. And nothing online about it.

Hi, is this article a joke or what? But they should tell me more, I could tell our government, because even they haven`t heard of this before. Most European countries are opening up now as cases have fallen rapidly, so it would be a bad idea to do that if such a variant existed. Probably things are mixed together here as situation in Nepal is even worse than in India. But until now I have not heard anything of this variant somewhere in Europe?

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

They need covid to be gone as a problem and flu to be the only thing that puts the NHS under pressure, it's in such a permanent precarious position that's all that can save it 

Otherwise they have to fund it properly and we can't do that because that's not what shithole England is about

they're going to need more people jabbed with flu vaccines every year, if hospitals are going to have a number of covid patients in there too...

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they're going to need more people jabbed with flu vaccines every year, if hospitals are going to have a number of covid patients in there too...

Isn’t the main issue that flu vaccines are only about 50% effective against serious illness whereas the covid vaccines are absolutely slut-shaming the virus into insignificance?

I wonder if Pfizer scientists and the like could be redeployed into finding better flu vaccines. 

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

When I booked my wife's 2nd jab last week it wouldn't let me choose anything other than 12 weeks.  Think I might give it a go

Mine was done via my GP they text me before the national stuff (and it's a 10 minute walk to the jab centre rather than a 30 minute drive to either of the nearest national ones) suspect that might change things.