When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Once I've had the vaccine I am back to normal from that perspective 

Im going to see my dad soon - I won't be getting mine til after the rule of 6 has been scrapped. I spend my whole time at home as does he so more than happy to head over to watch some football and have a takeaway with him in a couple of weeks when his first dose has kicked in. I think we're already at the point of sensible personal responsibility. It's just that the majority of the country doesn't understand the word sensible in that 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Face nappies work better for you? 

it’s a reality - schools dealing with a lot of shit right now .   I must be making it all up.

No doubt that schools are dealing with a lot of shit and yes face coverings are one thing they are dealing with, nobody wants them to be a permanent thing.

Face nappies does seem less angry, more petulant child than red faced man shouting in the street.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Fuck me, calm down. No one is stealing anyone's vaccines. I know you dislike the EU but you really need to calm down a bit with all this.

Lol I'm a remainer who very much wanted to rejoin. I dont hate the EU but their current vaccine stuff is pretty ridiculous.  They clearly messed up their procurement, France and Germany seem to be spending most their time slagging off the Oxford vaccine and THEY are the ones trying to impose an export ban on our vaccines. VDL is openly saying it!

Edited by zahidf

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If they block exports then military action should be considered.

Funny thing is the guardian are reporting if they block exports to us, it slows our programme down by 2 months, but will only speed their vaccine progress up by a week. Farcical. If they hadn’t been slagging it off at every opportunity and there weren’t millions of doses sitting unused I would understand it a bit more, but given these factors, quite frankly they can do one. 

Edited by tigger123

55 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Rightly so.

Absolutely no one should get mad at people for visiting someone they love and miss.

Obviously that's not true, it's all about context innit? If you went to see your elderly Mum in a care home a couple of months ago after losing your sense of smell when she was vaccinated, but most of the other residents weren't, then yes people should be getting mad at you.

Now, I fully accept that anything approaching that contrived scenario are increasingly unlikely, but there's still virus about and still irresponsible ways to act, whether you have family you want to see or not.

• Upvote 1

Just now, zahidf said:

Or we block what they need for vaccines. If they are going to be gits about it...

Anyone who can look at the actions of Merkel and Macron and claim the EU is anything other than a hostile foreign power is far too attached to the EU flag to have a well balanced opinion, and that's from a Remainer. Frankly we should block all exports to Europe and allow a devastating summer wave to rip through the continent if they're going to be so petty as to steal our vaccines. There won't be such a wave here since we've already given 1 shot to groups 1-9 (Contrary to popular belief, protection from shot 1 won't just disappear if shot 2 isn't given)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol I'm a remainer who very much wanted to rejoin. I dont hate the EU but their current vaccine stuff is pretty ridiculous.  They clearly messed up their procurement, France and Germany seem to be spending most their time slagging off the Oxford vaccine and THEY are the ones trying to impose an export ban on our vaccines. VDL is openly saying it!

As I said, calm down, nothing has happened yet. I don't know why you are getting so worked up, it's not like you made the AZ vaccine and uptake in the UK is really strong.

Your posts give off the impression you really dislike the EU, which is fine, you can think what you want. But the way you are talking isn't helpful if it isn't constant bashing of the EU or snipping at any Scientist that doesn't agree with your view point it isn't helping anyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

I dont really see why we should let the EU steal our vaccines and increase our lockdown time/increase deaths by 10,000 or so... just through their own incompetence 

I'd love to see the numbers on that. Given that the under 50's group have had less than 3000 deaths in the entire pandemic and the EU don't have the power to actually stop our vaccine rollout, I think you may be off by an order of magnitude or two.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Obviously that's not true, it's all about context innit? If you went to see your elderly Mum in a care home a couple of months ago after losing your sense of smell when she was vaccinated, but most of the other residents weren't, then yes people should be getting mad at you.

Now, I fully accept that anything approaching that contrived scenario are increasingly unlikely, but there's still virus about and still irresponsible ways to act, whether you have family you want to see or not.

I mean I'm pretty sure care homes wouldn't be allowing visitors a couple of months ago when more people had Covid than hot dinners, let alone those who'd lost their sense of smell.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd love to see the numbers on that. Given that the under 50's group have had less than 3000 deaths in the entire pandemic and the EU don't have the power to actually stop our vaccine rollout, I think you may be off by an order of magnitude or two.

Guardian said delays by 2 months?

I imagine they'd use that as an excuse to push restrictions easing back a bit. Just cos the French want a couple more million sitting unused in their fridge....

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

As I said, calm down, nothing has happened yet. I don't know why you are getting so worked up, it's not like you made the AZ vaccine and uptake in the UK is really strong.

Your posts give off the impression you really dislike the EU, which is fine, you can think what you want. But the way you are talking isn't helpful if it isn't constant bashing of the EU or snipping at any Scientist that doesn't agree with your view point it isn't helping anyone.

I only bash them when they say something stupid... (the EU or scientists). Can't really see the upside for an EU export ban on our life saving vaccines though. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Anyone who can look at the actions of Merkel and Macron and claim the EU is anything other than a hostile foreign power is far too attached to the EU flag to have a well balanced opinion, and that's from a Remainer. Frankly we should block all exports to Europe and allow a devastating summer wave to rip through the continent if they're going to be so petty as to steal our vaccines. There won't be such a wave here since we've already given 1 shot to groups 1-9 (Contrary to popular belief, protection from shot 1 won't just disappear if shot 2 isn't given)

Just read back what you've said. You want to be responsible for a massive net loss of life. Really?

I'm not saying the EU are acting in a reasonable way, but you want more Europeans to die than would die over here in retribution? Is that really it?

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I only bash them when they say something stupid... (the EU or scientists). Can't really see the upside for an EU export ban on our life saving vaccines though. 

Multiple people have mentioned this to you now so can you reign it in a little bit please.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Guardian said delays by 2 months?

I imagine they'd use that as an excuse to push restrictions easing back a bit. Just cos the French want a couple more million sitting unused in their fridge....

How do you get 10,000 from a delay of 2 months to the part of the population who are currently unvaccinated?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just read back what you've said. You want to be responsible for a massive net loss of life. Really?

I'm not saying the EU are acting in a reasonable way, but you want more Europeans to die than would die over here in retribution? Is that really it?

I want us to use our exports as leverage.

If the EU won't export to us then we will need every vaccine we can manufacture domestically to be going into our own arms. (I don't buy the "why should a 40 year old in country X get vaccinated before a 60 year old in country Y" argument because ultimately the job of the UK government is to protect our own citizens).

If the EU do press the nuclear button this week then we will need 100% of the domestically produced vaccines to even have a chance at completing our vaccine programme.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Multiple people have mentioned this to you now so can you reign it in a little bit please.

To be fair he’s able to back up what he’s saying with the links posted alongside.

It’s not a stab in the dark there genuinely seems like there is substance...

What would the EU have to do for you to wince a little?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I want us to use our exports as leverage.

If the EU won't export to us then we will need every vaccine we can manufacture domestically to be going into our own arms. (I don't buy the "why should a 40 year old in country X get vaccinated before a 60 year old in country Y" argument because ultimately the job of the UK government is to protect our own citizens).

If the EU do press the nuclear button this week then we will need 100% of the domestically produced vaccines to even have a chance at completing our vaccine programme.

So far the EU had ‘exported to us’ 10 millions vaccines.

So far the UK has exported to the EU 0 (zero) vaccines.

The EU bashing on here is embarrassing in the light of these facts.

And guaranteed that if the roles were reversed there’d be screams of derision that the EU hadn’t delivered the vaccines we contracted.

Oh and Europeans are currently seeing higher case numbers because of a U.K. variant.