When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Have I genuinely read "let's nuke Germany" on here this morning or am I living in a weird nightmare?

I hope the irony of this being suggested and then the property lockups looking after your gear at the festival is not lost on others 😂

43 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think some of those posters are worries it’ll effect our ability to relax restrictions and go back to the pub (for example) so are desperate to blame the EU as some form of venting. 

You really are the most passive aggressive child on here. Always trying to imply the only reason anyone wants the roadmap to carry on as planned is cause they want to go to the pub.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

If they block we block for a start.  They need our raw materials.

If the crisis deepens then a small nuclear strike on Germany.  Maybe take out somewhere no one cares about like Bremen.  The world would only lose Becks brewery.  Far enough away so we don't get radiation but big enough response to shock them back into sense.

Quality trolling 😂

Have an upvote for how many people you’ve managed to get a bite off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You really are the most passive aggressive child on here. Always trying to imply the only reason anyone wants the roadmap to carry on as planned is cause they want to go to the pub.

Yeah he says it a few times. Not everyone enjoys lockdown!

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Macron is a total fucking moron and he should hang his head in shame. Plus remember that disgraceful article from some German newspaper (some on here were defending 😂😂😂).

There has clearly been a concerted effort from countries to smear the Oxford vaccine imo how else can you explain this nonsense.

Trial data from USA just came out confirming AZ is safe and highly effective in all age groups lol who’d have thought!

Just now, zahidf said:

Yeah he says it a few times. Not everyone enjoys lockdown!

Ironically, he’s the one doing a countdown to when he can have a pint with his pals in a couple weeks. Selfish of him eh!

He almost seems to enjoy lockdown a bit or at least seems totally ambivalent towards it.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I've already explained the difference in a lot more detail once, so go back and find it if you want. The short version is - the Indian government want to use doses. The EU are not even in a position to use those doses any time soon so the primary short term "benefit" to them is to stop the perception/reality that the UK is getting further ahead.

I realise that sounds like ridiculous scaremongering but there's two factors that strongly support it - firstly because they've still not got around to approving doses from one of the main EU based factories which is now producing doses that are going nowhere (~10m doses ready to deliver within a week when they do approve). Secondly because despite already sitting on a crazy amount of unused doses (fluctuates between 12 and 15 million, currently at 13.5) their current usage rate does already broadly match supply. Granted, within that some countries are a lot better or worse than average but that's for them to sort out within the EU - Germany could send a fraction of their (1.7m) unused AZ doses to Ireland for example and make a huge difference there.

Isn't part of the reason so many are sitting in fridges because of the policy of needing to have the second dose in hand to administer the first dose? 

Presumably there is huge pressure to approving doses from that site and it will be approved very soon.

Whilst there is an element of grandstanding to this, hence the constant threats and very little action but if vaccine doses are withheld I would expect them to make their way into people's arms even if it isn't with the same efficiency we are managing.

It does seem at least compariable with the Indian situation even if it's isn't quite the same.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Exactly.

And remove protectionism for medicines so all can benefit.

And benefit from economies of scale.

They’re currently benefitting from a slow rollout, widespread scepticism of a good vaccine fuelled by some European leaders and the beginnings of a third wave.

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

Here’s where it gets politically difficult for Johnson.

Put France on the red list and we kiss goodbye to any hope of sweet talking them into letting us have our vaccines. That would be an openly hostile move from the UK, albeit understandable given that France is seeing a surge of a variant that we want to keep out.

So it’s a question of putting them on the red list and keeping the variant out, but accepting a two month delay in the vaccine programme versus keeping them off the red list to keep Macron on our good side, hopefully talk them into giving us those vaccines, accept that the variant will cross the channel and hoping that the vaccines continue to slaughter the variant as they do the other variants. 

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think it's a defence mechanism for him.

It's an easy brush to tar everyone with rather than think of a reasoned rational response.

I have genuine sympathy for those who perhaps are of a disposition where unlocking may cause anxiety etc. however I don't feel this is the case for the majority and therefore it's not correct to then slander anyone who thinks otherwise.

Interesting quite emotional discussion. Not so in Europe, seems to be more in the UK or in this forum.

For the EU at the moment the only (when looking at the third wave with the new variant) option to make the vaccination programme go faster is to rise the pressure – on vaccine companies and on other countries – because in every european country the speed of the roll out will more or less depend on this.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

They’re currently benefitting from a slow rollout, widespread scepticism of a good vaccine fuelled by some European leaders and the beginnings of a third wave.

I was simply replying to the OP's challenge.

That's a totally different discussion.

And you do realise that the third wave is largely a result of:

- these countries not being in lockdown recently unlike the UK 

- having the variant identified in the UK take hold now i.e.  after the UK

Actually I think it's entirely legitimate to put France on the redlist if that's what the data tells us.

If you use clear and transparent data to establish categorisations of countries and are consistent, then that removes any potential accusations that such decisions are taken politically.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I was simply replying to the OP's challenge.

That's a totally different discussion.

And you do realise that the third wave is largely a result of:

- these countries not being in lockdown recently unlike the UK 

- having the variant identified in the UK take hold now i.e.  after the UK

Also quite clearly going to be impacted by an incredibly sluggish vaccine rollout.

Also, the U.K. variant is just a name - if you’re blaming Europe’s problems on us then by that logic surely we should be hating on China big time for causing this thing in the first place? 

The Eu doesnt always needed defended. I was a staunch remainer but doesn’t mean I can’t quite clearly see they’ve fucked their vaccine procurement and rollout whereas we have nailed it (about the only thing we have got right)

Just now, xxialac said:

Actually I think it's entirely legitimate to put France on the redlist if that's what the data tells us.

If you use clear and transparent data to establish categorisations of countries and are consistent, then that removes any potential accusations that such decisions are taken politically.

In an ideal world, yes.

In the real world though you need to actually think about the political implications of the decisions taken and in this case, the downsides outweigh the benefits. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

it's that they include a lot more direct manufacturing support that started very early - the factories were tapped up before AstraZeneca even signed the deal with Oxford.

I'd term that as clout. We're all playing me first, currently we are winning.