When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Think there are two extremes but equally I can’t recall anyone in this thread suggesting orgies and festivals from May. If anything we all realise that it’s not back to normal as the main reason we are on this very forum has been cancelled already this year! From what I have seen, people have been cautiously optimistic restrictions will be loosened - slowly - from March after schools go back. That’s it? And then it gets obliterated from others saying ‘life has changed forever’ etc. 

Zahdif is posting random Twitter quotes by the minute on how quickly things will open 🤣

12 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

My advise would be to not put too much expectation on this year and just see how it pans out. Overall we have a lot to be positive about, but the population doesn't get vaccinated overnight. 

Yeah let’s write the year off with 10 months left.

Sounds like captain negativity needs a hug...

5 minutes ago, PM87 said:

Netflix REALLY want me to watch Contagion. Every time I log in they shove it down my throat as a 'familiar favourite.' I'm not sure it's the film for me right now lol

Yeah. I did consider it a few weeks into the first lockdown then doubled back on the idea and figured it was a terrible idea. Same with Outbreak and another pandemic-y film whose name I don't remember. Though it didn't stop me playing both of The Last of Us video games back-to-back.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Yeah. I did consider it a few weeks into the first lockdown then doubled back on the idea and figured it was a terrible idea. Same with Outbreak and another pandemic-y film whose name I don't remember. Though it didn't stop me playing both of The Last of Us video games back-to-back.

I watched Contagion in the first lockdown....it's actually pretty interesting and some of it very relevant and some of it plain silly.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I did watch Netflix's doc series 'Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak', when it was released in January 2020. Talk about timing. Little did I know! Lots of smart people explaining that it's not a matter of if, but when. They certainly weren't wrong. I wish Matt Hancock had watched that. 

Edited by PM87

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks for the Positivity return guys ..... appreciate it 🙂 

Trying my best! My optimism and mental health taken a battering over last few weeks in particular but just have to keep hoping better time are round the corner 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I watched Contagion in the first lockdown....it's actually pretty interesting and some of it very relevant and some of it plain silly.

I watched it years ago but yeah that's kinda in line with what I expected. Certainly, I remember it getting a lot of praise for being more accurate than a lot of similar fiction. Not sure I'm entirely up for giving it a re-watch.

1 minute ago, PM87 said:

I did watch Netflix's doc series 'Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak', when it was released in January 2020. Talk about timing. Little did I know! Lots of smart people explaining that it's not a matter of if, but when. They certainly weren't wrong. I wish Matt Hancock had watched that. 

Aye I heard a lot of people talk about that, though didn't watch it. Though little did they know that a pandemic was in development at that moment rather than merely a "not if but when" question.

3 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Trying my best! My optimism and mental health taken a battering over last few weeks in particular but just have to keep hoping better time are round the corner 

indeed .... I was about to dip out tonight but a few posts have turned it about .... even though I know things are slowly going to improve ... it was like what the fuck ... communism ... end of the world .... fuck this .... 

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yeah let’s write the year off with 10 months left.

Sounds like captain negativity needs a hug...

None of that now, the guys clearly having a down few moments and I suspect comments like that don't really help. We've all had them, lets try and support one another.

The developments are making my head spin.

Intuitively although the problems with the mutations represents very bad news, might in some way it mean we open up sooner?

i.e. now that we can't get to herd immunity, we have to accept that there will be a persistent high level of cases in the community so the focus is entirely on vaccinating the vulnerable and then after that we'll just have to learn to live with it?

This thinking is probably fatally flawed...

10 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I think everyone goes through stages like this, the ups and downs come to us all. Thats part of the beauty of this place to discuss it through with people and hopefully then see the light through the other stage. Obviously some of the levels seen this evening are over the top but it is also OK to be feeling negative right now. 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

indeed .... I was about to dip out tonight but a few posts have turned it about .... even though I know things are slowly going to improve ... it was like what the fuck ... communism ... end of the world .... fuck this .... 

I'm definitely up for a bit of communism...especially that luxury communism that Bastani and co go on about.