When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I was reading an interview with Sir John Bell recently and he said while it would be disrupting if a new variant became resistant to a vaccine the Oxford/AZ could be adapted in 4-6 weeks - much like they do annually with the flu vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

I was reading an interview with Sir John Bell recently and he said while it would be disrupting if a new variant became resistant to a vaccine the Oxford/AZ could be adapted in 4-6 weeks - much like they do annually with the flu vaccine. 

Yeah they can modify them pretty quickly. It’s revaccinating everyone again which would considerably slow things down.

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Moderna and Pfizer have said the same

Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccine deployment minister, is giving evidence to the Commons science committee now. Asked if it is true that 10% of the vaccine is being wasted, he says that was an estimate for how much vaccine might be wasted. In fact the wastage rate is well below that, he says.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Do volunteers at the vaccine hubs get dibs on a vaccine?

In my mind I'm viewing it as what I imagine it's like working at a restaurant and if there's any thing left at the end of a shift you get to eat it or something.

Would it only be the Pfizer one that needs to be used by the end of the day due to the storage issues? I'm not sure why it would need to be used up otherwise, but I could be wrong.

US firm Johnson & Johnson is likely to apply for EU approval for its Covid-19 vaccine candidate in February, a top lawmaker said on Wednesday.

“EU Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides announced during our (EU lawmakers) group meeting this morning that the vaccine manufacturer Johnson & Johnson is likely to submit an application for approval to the EU for their vaccine in February,” said Peter Liese, who represents health matters for the EU’s centre-right group, the assembly’s largest.