When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I know this might get some stick but 

This country HAS vaccinated more people than the rest of Europe put together so we're doing something right..

I just wish more people would listen to the rules and hunker down... My daughter in law works in a hospital in Dorset and there are even a few people who believe it or not DO NOT believe its as bad as all that.... Even though there's no beds.... But they are so under staffed that they don't get rid of them.... Fucking nightmare ah... 

I don't disagree with any of that old son.

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I know this might get some stick but 

This country HAS vaccinated more people than the rest of Europe put together so we're doing something right..

I just wish more people would listen to the rules and hunker down... My daughter in law works in a hospital in Dorset and there are even a few people who believe it or not DO NOT believe its as bad as all that.... Even though there's no beds.... But they are so under staffed that they don't get rid of them.... Fucking nightmare ah... 

That must be so demoralising, I can’t imagine how frustrating that must be. 

8 hours ago, Copperface said:

The good news however, is that 50 more mass vaccination centres are planned. That appears to be new and it appears they have finally realised that the original plans would fall short.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/01/10/boris-johnson-plans-to-open-50-mass-vaccination-centres-within-weeks/

I don't think it's exactly new, or a change to the original plans, it's just the result of confused & inconsistent messaging.

While the word "mass" hasn't been used internally I'm now pretty certain that the Nottingham site I mentioned the other day will definitely qualify and will be announced as one of the 50 centres once up to speed. Judging by the reports from the first few to open, the site has been set up to what appears to be a very similar template / capacity / workflow as the initial 7.

The plans have been in the works for quite a while - I first heard of them about 6-7 weeks ago and discussions must have been taking place for a while before that. In our case we've literally had the Army involved in the set up and a decent amount of work including some construction has been done to get the place as they want it. So at least one of that 50 will have been in the works for over a couple months, and I think it's fairly likely that the others will be at least part way through the design / build / commissioning process - if they're not that far along, then announcing 50 would be outright irresponsible.

12 hours ago, Copperface said:

Mass vac centre in Newcastle  opened today. Apparently when up to speed will aim for up to 1000 doses delivered per day.

The large GP hub at the Racecourse has managed 800 over two days.

The good news however, is that 50 more mass vaccination centres are planned. That appears to be new and it appears they have finally realised that the original plans would fall short.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/01/10/boris-johnson-plans-to-open-50-mass-vaccination-centres-within-weeks/

The plans for approx. 50 mass vaccination centres were first confirmed and reported on about 2 months ago. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is so fucking depressing. What the hell is wrong with people?

I read an article a while back saying that most anti-maskers also have some sort of anti-social behaviour disorder. This awful account would tend to back that up! My brother in Hove told me the staff in his local supermarket don't wear masks. When his colleague asked them why not, they were told that people come in and rip them off their faces.

I’m not sure about the Boris story, I mean 7 miles is fuck all on a bike. I don’t own a bike, but loads of my mates bought them and bike shops were one of the only shops open during the first lockdown, it was actively encouraged to buy one for obvious reasons, it’s good exercise, it keeps people busy and away from others etc, Yet all those people who bought bikes are just supposed to just ride round and round in circles? Some of my mates do 50/60 mile routes a day and obviously don’t go anywhere near another person.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Just now, steviewevie said:

Some people seem to think wearing masks/gloves and social distancing is a sign of weakness, of being scared....but those same people are just knobheads.

Yeah, a lot of people's reaction to the virus seems to be an 'emotional' one 'what does this and how I react say about me as a person?' (this is a theory I originally worked up about a lot of Brexit supporters). The problem is: the virus/international trading agreements aren't don't really have a lot of respect for the feelings of emotionally insecure people.

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m not sure about the Boris story, I mean 7 miles is fuck all on a bike. I don’t own a bike, but loads of my mates bought them and bike shops were one of the only shops open during the first lockdown, it was actively encouraged to buy one for obvious reasons, it’s god exercise, it keeps people busy and away from others etc, Yet all those people who bought bikes are just supposed to just ride round and round in circles? Some of my mates do 50/60 mile routes a day and obviously don’t go anywhere near another person.

I'm not sure if they've established yet whether he cycled the seven miles or drove there then road around the Olympic Park (looking at him, I know which side my money is on).

Edited by Homer

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I'm not sure if they've established yet whether he cycled the seven miles or drove there then road around the Olympic Park (looking at him, I know which side my money is on).

Yeah, fair enough if that’s the case. Otherwise it seems a bit hypocritical, actively encourage people to buy bikes to the point they’re pretty much sold out but in reality you aren’t supposed to cycle more than a couple of miles from your house.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

aren't those gloves always there so people don't get petrol/oil on their hands?

Yeah that was their original intention, and I doubt many people actually used them at all before Covid. 
But I couldn’t think of a more dirty, and potential Covid riddled item then a petrol pump, that potentially has hundreds of peoples grubby hands using them each week, with little (if any) cleaning of them. 

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yeah that was their original intention, and I doubt many people actually used them at all before Covid. 
But I couldn’t think of a more dirty, and potential Covid riddled item then a petrol pump, that potentially has hundreds of peoples grubby hands using them each week, with little (if any) cleaning of them. 

I think the same about petrol pumps so I always have hand sanitiser with me when I go and use it straight after. 

Edited by Ozanne

10 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

You guys seen this about free school meals. This is supposed to be a weeks worth of food and supposed to be 30 pounds worth of stuff.

Being commented on by prominent figures but duhnno if this just one council, but someone is profiting off fsm, 30 pounds in tax payers money ammounts to this. 5 pounds worth of rations?

I went mad about this last night. It is sickening.